Wink A league of our own
    Okay sports fans,

The league may fine me for this, but..... the umpires hate me and I just can't win! The umpires are google, yahoo etc. And my team is the internet marketer. Content, content, content is being screamed by the the cheerleaders and play ball by google referees! But guess what sports fans, there are shoppers out there who honestly don't want content, content, content! they want a place to shop for the goods that they logged on to find. Google, et al, doesn't care if they find retail establishments because some idiot(s) with the engines have decided that the shopper really wants to read Consumer reports, cover to cover, before he/she shops for that very product that the shopper logged on to find. Why doesn't google recognise this? They do! But they also factor that there are limited spots that they can sell on the first page. Score one huge aggrivation to google! The engines want to be, and are becoming the public library! Imagine entering Walmart and finding only, walls filled with reference books! Instead of displaying goods, we are being forced to simply descibe then in "key word" friendly fashion.
    Dear googlites, your majesties, your royal highness, I know I am but a lowly serf residing in your kingdom but please don't behead me for making a suggestion?
    Would it not be logical to shed your shield of predjudice against online marketers and think, just for one fleeting moment, that there really may be shoppers out there who want nothing more than to buy a specific product?
    Isn't that the greatness of the internet?
    But oh, no!
    Google, et al, have decided that the majesty of the internet lies in the Regal holliness of information! Google has sent it's Bishoips accross the rhelm to spread the approved knowledge. Once adequately informed, then, and only then, may the customer be allowed to buy that Plattex bra that she has worh for 21 years.
    With metafors adequetely mixed, google, and all you google serfs, WAKE UP!
    If you truly want to be a viable service to internet shoppers, (and make a buck) create two options for the browsers out there, Give them the options: Information and Shopping. Allow shoppers to select page ranking with their clicks. PERIOD! It will give your shining knights the advantage at first, but guess what google, the marketplace will find it's own "golden knights".

I am an internet affiliate, who is also a shopper, and who has just went through "google hell" looking for a product that I purchased today.
    Suddenly, it became so very clear to me, that google (et al) has made the sellers of products so paranoid that rather than simply offering the products on a clear and unobstructed shelf, that they are cloaking their products under bolts of not-so-transparrent copy. GOOGLE! You are making sellers afraid to sell. And therefore making unline shoppers very frustrated.

Dear google wanna bes, forget about being google, be your own man! oops, persons! The internet needs a "shoppers" search engine right now! If I had the resoueces, you wouldn't be reading this, but I do have the insight!
    Contact me.

Ball four and google has walked in the winning run!
    Last edited by phantomcat; June 13th, 2005 at 04:52 AM. Reason: spelling
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    But guess what sports fans, there are shoppers out there who don't want content, content, content! they want a place to shop for the goods that they logged on to find.
    I agree! And amazingly, it's Yahoo who's already getting on it.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=59076
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Cool Sports Fans the game is rigged
    I'll bet basketball until they make it honest!
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

I remember the days when Google was that great new meta search engine where you could find everything. Now I have such a hard time finding anything relevant on Google. I miss the old Google.

google still the best for me!

I just checked Yahoo and Google for a couple of popular terms -- Simpsons, Bob Marley, and Sopranos -- and an obscur term, Che (Guevera), and the first page of each had Associate Marketers. But when I appended a product to the search. like t-shirt, poster, etc. actual retailers came up. It doesn't seem greatly skewed

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread