ABW Ambassador
    invalid links
    does the "invalid links generating traffic" report include links deleted by still active merchants?

as i understand it, it only includes links by deactivated merchants. and clicking on those links will lead you to a cj standard error page.

but deleted links of active merchants exists, and they don't go to the cj error page but to the merchant itself. and since the links are not in cj anymore, any sales generated by clicking them earns no commish.

the same is true when active merchants terminate your affiliation. the non-commisionable links still go to the merchant and not to an error page.

since we all have thousands of links out there, knowing which ones are valid and not valid are basically dependent on the "invalid links generating traffic" report. but since the said links do not show up in this report, they are basically generating freebie sales for merchants.

can this be the source of plummeting conversions, especially for successful affiliates?

but deleted links of active merchants exists, and they don't go to the cj error page but to the merchant itself. and since the links are not in cj anymore, any sales generated by clicking them earns no commish.
    Can someone confirm this?

I think that is correct. I did test by clicking on my site with deactivated merchants and expired links by active merchants and what are mentioned seem true.

Anyone else can confirm this.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread