Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How to make Linkshare Better?
    Instead of bashing Linkshare, why don't you post how they can make it better, I myself do not see anything wrong with them other than a little delayed payments. The payments are going to be back to normal, very soon (if not already)

So I ask "If Linkshare is supposedly so bad, (which I strongly disagree) how can they make it better?

You should really rethink before filling FTC Complaints, as this could damage the entire affiliate marketing arena.

put a bomb, that will do the job all right . . .

heisje

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    ...I myself do not see anything wrong with them other than a little delayed payments. The payments are going to be back to normal, very soon (if not already)
    Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    I have been paid very promptly by linkshare and look forward in working with them in the future. Do you really think Linkshare is not going to pay you?
    Second Quote from this page: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=9

So...which one is it? Are they a little delayed or very prompt?? You seem to be contradicting yourself here. Please clarify...

I think you will see that in the bashing there has been plenty of recommendations.

Nice to know there are people out there that don't mind getting payments 6 weeks late. Good for you.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heisje

put a bomb, that will do the job all right . . .

heisje

Good one, heisje!

Seriously, I was optimistic like you, until a few weeks ago. If you read all of the threads (well, most of) you will see many have made suggestions. The President of the company doesn't answer any questions, payments are being made VERY late (and you know this is some affiliates' full-time job - some people have bills to pay), their new application is not just in BETA, it's completely unreliable and does not fit into any user-friendly structure AT ALL, people are getting bounced checks, people are still not getting any checks, or checks for much smaller amounts than are owed, and tracking is screwy. There are more things, but that is a quick abridged version. Anyway, affiliates have made suggestions, and they don't care. They send the same auto-reply emails, and give the same useless updates. They don't even post updates to affiliates on their website! All those poor affiliates that don't know about these forums probably feel like they're in the twilight zone. And you know what? Merchants are ticked too. I just got an email the other day from one of my best converting merchants complaining about LS and telling me they will be supplying some of their top affiliates with feeds and resources OUTSIDE of LS in the next month or so. They too have been in contact with LS everyday and gotten nowhere.

Oh, and let's not forget the whole validated/unvalidated thing. Just to get validated I had to enter my husband's info. Now my checks will come in his name. And who is their third party company that says whether we're validated or not? Don't know, they won't tell us even though they are supposed to by law.

So in response to you, we aren't 'just complaining'. And they have been given suggestions.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Great idea for a post! I've made this a sticky thread. Let's keep it constructive and civil.

Several high-level suggestions:

1) Improve communications with affiliates
    2) Consult with affiliates on all major changes
    3) Work on improving payment speed in every area: Voucher Generation, Merchant Payment Speed, Check Frequency (consider weekly), and Batch Turnaround.
    4) Maintain the old reports. I can see some use in the future for the new reports, but the old reports are invaluable for their speed and simplicity.

I'll have plenty more to add later.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    - Allow affiliates to beta test new systems before going live with them.
    - Perform better requirements analysis to find out what affiliates really need from a system
    - Change the step by step approach to generating reports in SynergyAnalytics to a one screen setup approach.
    - Make reports work in Firefox as well
    - Eventually implement direct deposit (once other issues are resolved)
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

You know, I was going to write a paragraph about how the management style needs to change at LinkShare, but I am so sick and tired of all this crap with this company that I really don't care. We've been putting forth suggestions here for weeks until we are blue in the face and most of it goes unheard or unanswered.

Mr. Messer already knows our ideas and it is clear which path he is choosing to follow. Pretty sad!
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Great idea for a post! I've made this a sticky thread. Let's keep it constructive and civil.

Several high-level suggestions:

1) Improve communications with affiliates
    2) Consult with affiliates on all major changes
    3) Work on improving payment speed in every area: Voucher Generation, Merchant Payment Speed, Check Frequency (consider weekly), and Batch Turnaround.
    4) Maintain the old reports. I can see some use in the future for the new reports, but the old reports are invaluable for their speed and simplicity.

I'll have plenty more to add later.
    I agree that this might be a good idea for a thread title Michael,
    But, unless post #2 and post #5 get edited, I won't be surprised if someone from H.L.S. decides to investigate about those two posts.

Think about it!

Before the hit the

Fire [chiefs] and hire [indians] on minimally, a 2:1 ratio.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I didn't think my post was bad! Just stating what has been rehashed over and over. Anyway, posting helpful suggestions requires that someone read them and actually try to implement them. I agree a thread of this sort would be positive, but I don't believe we have seen good faith from LS so far, so what makes anyone think that what we have to say matters?
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    They need to be affilliate friendly in each of the following areas:

1. They are the hardest network to log into, since they initiated that password thingy, so i log in less. Obviously, if I'm not logged in, I'm not working on making money for Linkshare merchants.

2. They are the only network not shown on my AffTrack/RevTrends reports - so they are excluded when I make my decisions on what to improve, etc.

3. Another example is merchandiser. I stopped using it when they "improved" it to the point my ftp program can't get it. More then half my sales come from feeds, but LS doesn't realize their feeds should be available for all ftp programs.

4. Anyalytics should be available for the browsers we work with - not the one they are trying to force me to use. I can't think of any network - even the private ones - that require a special browser for me to see my stats.

5. I won't mention verification or payment, but it would be nice if they stopped alienating me everytime I log in by devoting the entire opening page to reminding me I'm unverifiable. I KNOW already! It insinuates I have a problem. That they think I may be a bad apple.

Point being: They don't make me feel welcome or make my job easier and more productive. While I understand their reasoning, in my case, they alienate me and make my job harder... to impossible.

Hi All,

I myself would like to see a better search engine that is actually helpful in finding the type of merchants and products you're looking for.

By the way LinkShare thanks for checks!

all this seems to me an exercise in futility.
    arrogance has distorted linkshare beyond recognition, or repair . . .

heisje

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    They need to let us know what to do next if we're still unverified.

Do we keep trying?

Do we wait for an email saying it's my turn to be manually verified

I'm still in the dark. I've run out of ways to spell my name and address - and just need to know what I'm supposed to do next.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'd recommend LS just buy a Safe Haven Network license and open it up to any LS merchant willing to exposed themselves to their site's real conversion ratio. Run it as an alternative Sales Network.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    Hi All

My ideas on how to improve LinkShare

• Better Searches 1 : There needs to be an ability to find merchants based upon keywords as well as brand.
    • Better Searches 2 : Affiliates need to be able to find merchants based on product names / types . (i.e. through keywords or the IPL system.)
    • Link Archive System : Archive system, affiliates need to be able to archive banners and links that they have used and found not to work for them so that they don't clutter the links section, or to simply archive links they won't use.
    • Trend reports : As a merchant I want to be able to see Aff A vs Aff B vs Aff C for a specific time period ( compare clicks to conversion to sales value) and no doubt affiliates ought to be able to do the same for merchants.
    • RSS : LinkShare should have RSS for people to pick up merchant messages from the system instead of being 100% reliant on email.
    • FireFox : Total and complete support for FireFox across all functions of the site.
    • External Beta Testers : There needs to be a trusted team of Merchants and Affiliates who are used to test things, signed to silence obviously on what they are testing, but people who can test things from a wide range of locations, variations and thought processes. Resolving not only bugs but UI issues.
    • External Advisory Board : A closed group of affiliates and managers that LinkShare can bounce ideas off and get feedback on them in a constructive manner. Helping to fine tune things like functions and even the copy used in announcements
    • Better Affiliate Support : Not only in communication and participation in plublic forums, but also in terms of training and education.
    • Over seas Direct Deposit : Even a consolidated check (while much better ) still takes up to 4 weeks to cash... Western Union anyone. Same cost as cashing a cheque and money in hand in a flash in the local currency!
    • Keyword Lists : Ability for merchants to upload approved PPC Keyword lists into the LinkShare system.
    • Multiple Data Feed support : Support not only a master feed but also multiple smaller niche feeds. Meaning affs can grab smaller more easy to manage feeds that focus on specific areas.
    • Process Date Reports : Allow affiliates the ability to view data on process date as well as transaction date
    • Application Process 1 : Required that any Software affiliate state that they are software based right from the start
    • Application Process 2 : Require that applicants complete the site description and put some examples there as guidelines to help
    • Application Process 3 : Allow merchants to see multiple domains managed by affiliates not just the one entered at the time they joined LinkShare
    • Application Process 4 : Better examples and guidelines for the affiliate application process to help avoid errors.
    • Software/BHO : Split Software based affiliates from web based affiliates, two seperate systems with DUAL tracking. i.e. If merchant Z wants to work with software then so be it, they can and it won't effect web based affiliate sales.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Always nice to see a merchant or AM stand up and tell it like it is. Sure hope Mr. Messer does not ignore this post like all the other suggestion posts.

Thanks, Chris!
    7 Days A Week Marketing

http and a telephoto
    Chris, your post was right on! Of the many points you made, one that I feel strongly about for all networks is to have aggragated feeds searchable by keywords to create niche feeds. The information is already in your system, just put it into a format that will let us use the feeds in more creative and unique ways.

And please change how we get them so we can use "normal" ftp, please please please!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

all networks is to have aggragated feeds searchable by keywords to create niche feeds.
    That expanded a bit on my needs, but it's certainly a good one and would lead to a greater diversity in feeds being used and more merchants being used by more affiliates...

Good Idea

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

A few more
    • SynergyAnalytics 1 : Easy one click access to "payment info"
    • SynergyAnalytics 2 : Ability to change between channel profiles without having to go all the way back to LinkSynergy to change it
    • SynergyAnalytics 3 : Ability to select new date ranges without having to wait for the whole system to refresh, I mean how dated is that concept for updating a data field. If I want to look at historic data it can take up to four page refreshes before I can click Go...
    • SynergyAnalytics 4 : Change the links system so that I can open the reports in multiple window or tabs and do more than one report at one time with ease.
    • Affiliate Support Promotion : That merchants can set their own definition of 'inactive'. To me an affiliate is inactive if they don't have a link up, where as the system defines it as click in the past 30 days, granted you can't track "all" links but you can track most banners and IPLs. I imagine many newbies don't even realize they can get help by asking an AM for it.
    • Definition of Active : A "newbie" grading system, that allows people within and new to the network to define their level of experience and therefore how much help they hope to get from Merchants, some merchants can't be bothered with newbies, others make their bread and butter from helping them. It also can be useful in defining how much email news to send them. Needed on ALL networks!
    • Contact Management System : If no RSS is around soon then allow affiliates to define what kind of news they want to get from merchants, for example categories news as "General" , "Data Feeds" , "Bonus" , "New Products" and so on. Therefore allowing affiliates to get the info they want and not the rest, meaning they get less but hopefully read more. Needed on ALL networks!

I'm sure I'll think of more
    Last edited by Chris - AMWSO; June 16th, 2005 at 03:01 AM.

I've got one.

Now that I consilidated my accounts, when I log on to my LS account it brings up the old, unused account. So, when I want to check sales, it always shows $0.00 and is not llisting my current merchants (of which there really are not many left now). In any case, I have to go to the top of the screen and change to an different account before I can see my sales stats. Guess I'm wondering what is the benifit of consolidated accounts if they are still not consilidated on my screen? Seems they did not think this one through very well (again).

Okay, where is Mr. Messer or Gloria? I do not believe we have heard anything in a week about the moderated thread they were considering where we could address these issues, know that they have read them and are aware of them (versus the current feeling of being ignored, like in this thread) and find out what action (if any) will result from our suggestions.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    update the link creator section, it takes at least 3 clicks to make one link... and you must check that link first (I have found as many as 9 out of 10 product links broken or sold out, not sure who is responsible for this). It seems ridiculous to me that you cannot create more than 1 link at a time.. that the description is on one page, that the image link isn't with the text link and if you want all 3, like I do, it takes even more than those 3 clicks.

If the links are broken in the link creator section they are probably broken in the datafeed too... besides, I'm not going to pay for datafeed access when I can get them elsewhere for free...

One of my merchants showed no sales for the first two weeks of June, I notified the merchant and sales started up again... with no reply to me of course.. and no sales showing up for those 12 days in between... why isn't there a check in place to assure that this doesn't happen?...

Thanks,
    Judith

Mr Sal:

But, unless post #2 and post #5 get edited, I won't be surprised if someone from H.L.S. decides to investigate about those two posts.

thought that cheap shots had no place in a professional forum - apparently I was wrong . . .

heisje

Make analytics reports downloadable.
    Hello,

Please don't remove the "old" reports. That may not make linkshare better, but at least it won't be worse. If affiliates will be forced to use the synergyanalytics at some point, please add the functionality of allowing reports to be downloaded to a spreadsheet format. The individual item and product success reports are not useful without this feature.

Regards,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast