Question Need advice/opionions please
    Okay (hiya!)... a few questions here...

So I am a newbie here (sorry I am not an oldbie, but we all have to start somewhere).

I am a merchant (I spent the past 11 years researching and writing my latest how-to book, and now I am looking to sell it), so obviously I am sincerely interested in what affiliates think, love, hate, and have problems with.

Now that I have read a lot of posts (and I am still reading more...) I am deeply afraid of linkshare, and cj doesn't seem to reliable either.

I have gone out of my way to create a "sale" that I believe in, and (at least I think) gives far more value to the customer than anyone else selling similar items...

But what does any of that matter if linkshare, cj (and whoever else) cannot live up to their end of the deal? If my (someday I hope to have some) affiliates don't get paid, or can't deal with me directly to get their needs met, that hurts me (and them of course) - and no one wins.

... except maybe the middleman. Does the middleman ever lose?

So after all of this I MUST ask - who can you trust? Does everyone believe in networks? Or is there some secret direct network of affiliates and merchants that I am not aware of?

I did join google adwords, sent out a press release (500 views by journalists so far), and am doing radio interviews all over the country, so as a merchant I *think* I am doing my best to help create a brand that is recognizable, so affiliates can make more money (with me), but is that enough?

Is there something specific affiliates WANT from merchants?

Oh... and I just joined clickbank.com - Do they suck too?

I have asked a lot of questions here. I would be deeply appreciative if anyone took the time to vent/express their opinion/added words of wisdom.

I just don't think that any of us can win unless we ALL win. But then again - I am just another stupid newbie. (sorry!)

Dusty

I personally have no use for clickbank, BUT ONLY BECAUSE I don't sell ebooks. That seems to be the place to do it, though.

Linkshare,Cj or ShareASale would be a great start.

My favorite programs have always been indies. I push network programs as well, but they take their cut and generally get in the way of communication between myself and the program. As such, I make less and they get relegated to spots below the fold...

Not knowing anything beyond it being a how-to book, it's hard to give a lot of advice. You might check some of the mid-tier/smaller networks like Shareasale and Partnerweekly, as well as providers like My Affiliate Program and so on.

Read all the threads in the new program announcement forums to see what excites/angers affiliates. There's a wealth of info there for anyone interested in starting a new affiliate program.

Best of luck!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Smile Thanks
    That is a great start. I will look into those forums now

I seem to be different than the norm (other than loving Shareasale).

I like Clickbank for ebooks. I have never had any problems getting paid from Clickbank and I sell lots of ebooks every month.

I love Shareasale.
    I no longer use Linkshare.
    I have very few CJ merchants (although I will be adding more)
    I use mostly indie programs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

Talking
    Just a quick update. I got approved by clickbank today (well they said that they "raised my limits") but when I tried to reset my price (it is currently $0.00) to $29.95 it didn't work.

I now have two invoices where someone bought my books for $0.00 - and I don't know how

oh well... Clickbank is responding to emails though - and that is a good sign. I hope people are enjoying my (now "freeeee!") books

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread