usually 19th hole
    Question about CJs batch processing/batch transfers
    Im still not quite clear about CJs batch processing/batch transfers. Heres what confuses me, maybe you can help:

One of my main CJ merchants does batch transfers, mostly on a daily basis but not every time. Sometimes there are 2 day gaps in-between. Once they are posted it so miraculously happens that I also dont seem to have had any sales on those gap days:

Last Batch Data Transfer Dates:
    1-Jun-2005 5 sales (event date 31 May, posting date 1 June)
    2-Jun-2005 4 sales (event date 1 June, posting date 2 June)
    3-Jun-2005 6 sales (event date 2 June, posting date 3 June)
    6-Jun-2005 4 sales (event date 5 June, posting date 6 June)

In the above example (representing the real data) it seems that no sales (= events) took place on 3 & 4 June, which is odd as I generally have an average of 4-6 sales per day on virtually every single day they do a batch transfer.

This is also not a one-time anomaly, this gap in events happens every time there is a gap in batch processing.

Does this look odd to you, too, or is there a logical explanation behind this?

Mansfield, TX
    The 4th and 5th were weekend days. They probably don't ship on weekends and probably report sales only when they ship.
    Michael Coley
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

usually 19th hole
    Thanks, Michael, good point. I checked, the previous gaps were also weekends. I respect that ppl take the weekend off.
    On the other hand, orders should still come in, and I should see a bigger salesday on the following Mondays which I don't. I'll drop a note to the AM and see if there is an intrinsic problem.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread