someone must know the answer to this one...
    If there are products already in a shopping cart (from a previous visit) when a customer returns to the merchant via a CJ affiliate link - who gets credit for the sales?

Does the 2nd affiliate gain all sales from the customer?

Somebody may know the answer. I don't. But I sure am curious about what the answer is. Good question.

Unless the merchant has coded something special, the last affiliate to get clicked through gets the sale. I don't know of any CJ merchants who do this.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Internet Cowboy
    The tracking code is on the final page of the buying sequence and is coded to grab the total of the order and other data. Therefore if the tracking cookie is written with contents in the cart, those contents would be commissionable. That is my interpretation of it. Not sure if I am right or wrong. I can't see how a merchant could really track items for commission as they were added to the cart. It is all about the total as long as all items are commissionable.

Some merchants actually sell some things that they do not pay commission on, so that would be a different scenario all together.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    The tracking code is on the final page of the buying sequence and is coded to grab the total of the order and other data.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I knew there was a reason I hated checkout pages that have a prominent "coupon code" box at the checkout.

the tracking pixel is set to receive an affiliate ID. The last affiliate link that is clicked on sends the most current affiliate ID and that generally cancels out any other affiliate's info. SO the last link that got clicked to get to that sale gets the commission.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread