Finally got my Linkshare check--for a tenth of what they owe me
    Hi--first time poster, been a linkshare affiliate for 2 years. I was in the last group to get paid for March. Like everyone else, I got check #00000001, and no mention of whether it was for March or April or anything else.

But what really, really worries me is that the check was for $73, when their own reports show that they owe me over $700.

As of February, my "balance forward" was over $400, and my March commissions were over $300. As I understand the new system, there's no minimum payments. On that one day that Linkshare's March payment report was up, it concurred that I was owed over $700. So everyone's in agreement--except my check, which is for $73.

I'm very, very worried. I'm not a huge merchant, so they don't owe me enough money to sue. But it's not a trivial amount of money, either, and Linkshare is by far my largest affiliate network. They've ignored my emails, and the last time I called they said a check was coming--and it was a week later.

So I'm wondering if I'm the only one who was paid a tenth of what they were owed--in which case, I'm in trouble--or if many other people had the same problem, which means I have some hope of getting the money.

I'm running out for three hours or so, and I know that new posts are suspicious. Sorry. I will be back.

" I'm not a huge merchant"

Ack. I'm not a merchant at all. I hate the lingo! I'm not a huge publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by CalGal
    So I'm wondering if I'm the only one who was paid a tenth of what they were owed--in which case, I'm in trouble--or if many other people had the same problem, which means I have some hope of getting the money.
    You are not the only one. There are a lot of people who have received only portions of their commissions (their posts are all over this forum). One of the reasons I keep seeing is that merchants sometimes take a while to pay. So when the merchant pays late, LS pays late. Then again, many of the affiliates mention that the merchant has made the payment a while ago yet they haven't seen the payment. So just hang in there. You will eventually get paid sometime this year.

No, that's not the reason. I know for a fact that Overstock has paid their commissions, and my Overstock check alone is more than $73. So "hanging in there" doesn't seem to be a very good idea, given that Linkshare has millions of dollars that it doesn't see fit to pass on--and doesn't have to because most of the payees don't have enough debt to sue.

Besides, it's simply not true that the problems had to do with the merchants' failure to pay. They've said over and over that it was software problems with validation. So again, "hanging in there" won't work if their software thinks they've paid me.

Got 1st check for the April. It's seems that sum is correct

By the third check LS seems to have fixed whatever glitch has messed up my checks - they now are up-to-date with me

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread