Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Checkout www.coupongenie.com for coupon links.

I purchase the Entertainment book every year and find that they got really useful coupons out there. Really happy with them. It goes to tell you that actually paying for something will get you more savings in the end.

FablousSavings also got printable coupons for free. I recommend them too. No signups or info required.

All other sites are mostly the same.

Oh how wonderful! We can all go there if we need coupons,

Thanks for the link

Any sites you guys/gals recommend?

Anne,

Coupons has saved me hundreds this year alone. I'm a poor guy. Please don't laugh.

You're preaching to the choir, thsung. Most everyone here runs their own coupon site.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

thsung,

Do you understand that many members in this forum own and manage coupon sites?

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

sorry.

Welcome to ABW, Thsung. You probably won't find alot of customers here but you will find alot of good advice. I hope you stick around and check things out.

Steve

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

thx.

I want to know if anyone has generated traffic through the use of expired domains? I'm new to this concept (2 months). I'm not sure if I should ask this question here? Any help? Thanks.

Ummm, they might want to lose the Ebates link on your site....
    Another uninformed affiliate!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

And popunders for affiliate links, and when you click on the link: http://www.couponsweekly.com/

Ooops, guess a site review wasn't asked for! Sorry..

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks! I just saved $500!

----
    -JM
    When you're down It's a long way up
    When you're up It's a long way down

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Anyone have any coupons for Parrot feed? The last domain I got them on has expired and I'm hungry.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    check that ebirds site...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thsung:
    I want to know if anyone has generated traffic through the use of expired domains? I'm new to this concept (2 months). I'm not sure if I should ask this question here? Any help? Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember reading a month or so ago that google was dropping domains from their search results when a domain has expired and been re-purchased. So my understanding is that expired domains is not the traffic generator that it once was. However, I suppose they could still generate some traffic if listed in yahoo and dmoz or through previously established link partners.

Getting your hands on expired domains that might still be generating decent traffic is the tough part.

Susan

Affiliate Manager
    What is wrong with Ebate? They are one of my affiliates and I keep hearing negative things about programs working with Ebates?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    How nieve apcRocket. Pushing installs of eBates and Gator or WhenU is affiliate suicide. Little like starting up a burgulary training school for those who rob your house to train them how not to get caught.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Affiliate Manager
    So let me get this straight, because Ebates uses software that installs on the users pc, other affiliates will stay clear of my program because when a customer comes to my site from that affiliate's site, Ebates can swoop in and get the sale?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by apcRocket:
    So let me get this straight, because Ebates uses software that installs on the users pc, other affiliates will stay clear of my program because when a customer comes to my site from that affiliate's site, Ebates can swoop in and get the sale?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When Ebates' software is installed, they can steal commissions for *all* affiliates, including you. The $5 commission may look nice now, but will kill you in the long run when all of your users have Ebates installed.

Michael

Affiliate Manager
    Well I'm a merchent so I want all the sales from everyone I can get. I don't care what Ebates does to get them (within reason) unless they are going to steal sales from other affiliates and /or cause them to shy away from my program then the longrange sales potential of my program will be affected. So are you saying affiliates are wary of merchents who deal with Ebates?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by apcRocket:
    So are you saying affiliates are wary of merchents who deal with Ebates?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an understatement. For my coupon site, I don't have a lot of choice who I work with. For my merchant-dedicated site, I will *never* work with anybody that supports Ebates (or any other parasites). End of story. Good riddance, apcRocket.

Michael

Do you mind paying a commission on a sale that would have been made regardless of an outside influence.

Say someone joined one of those incent programs a couple of months ago and then forgot all about them. And then a friend told them about this great new product/site (Your product and site). And then that person types in yoursite.com to go to buy that product directly from your site. Do you want to pay commission on that sale?

You probably will and many more sales like this example. You will pay a commission on all sales to people with one of these programs installed on their computer regardless of how they arrived at your site.

These programs don't drive sales, they just collect the commission. Even when that person goes directly to your site.

And by affiliating with those programs you're losing many of the more experienced affiliates -the ones that DO DRIVE SALES TRAFFIC to
    sites. You'll end up with a lot of less experienced affiliates - which by comparison - will make the BHO affiliate look even better.

But what I don't understand, is why do merchants want to pay commission on sales that were coming directly to their site anyway.

Affiliate Manager
    EmDub - "Good Riddance"? Not helpful. I'm trying to figure this out to be a better partner with affiliates.

hazydavy, thanks. You are right I hadn't thought of that, it Ebates is installed then its like never ending return days. Of course merchants don't want that. We don't mind paying for the customer we don't yet have but we look at off setting commissions cutting into the bottom line with the lifetime value of a new customer. If programs like Ebates can contunually cut into our bottom line with commissions it makes no sense to work with them. Because it does not gain us our own customer. I just emaild my account rep, I am thinking of booting them today from our program. They are #2 in sales though, damn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast