A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Harassing AMs??
    I am being harrassed by the AM for a LS merchant. They have been calling me for well over a month now on my home phone, even though I changed my contact phone number on LS to reflect a different phone. I refuse to answer their calls! I emailed them requesting data feed awhile back, and they told me they wouldn't provide it to me. I said fine, but since I don't perform with you based on the links you do provide me with, and LS is jerking my chain, I have to dump you. Well, I didn't say it like that, but you get my meaning.

I DEACTIVATED my relationship with them, and they are STILL CALLING! He keeps leaving messages about how I've performed for them in the past. Um yeah...I had their link on a PR4 page that I make all kinds of sales on, but after a year and a half, I have had ONE SALE through them. And this guy has called up to five times in one day - I'm not exaggerating. I have all the calls saved!

Has anyone had this problem before? Would it be horribly unprofessional of me to email this guy that if he doesn't forget my phone number I'm going to insert a large garden gnome up his bum??
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

You can PM me who it is and I assure you that I'll make him/them stop
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

lstolze: take his call and call his bluff! Otherwise, he will continue to call you. I was the screener for the president at my last company otherwise he would just keep telling the staff to say he wasn't available. Finally, after repeated calls from a series of CPA sellers I took the call. I would hear them out and then tell them it wasn't a good offer and to come back with something better. It usually worked, if they came back I wanted it in writting with their presidents signature. That usually got rid of them.

Affiliate Manager
    Have you spoken with him and told him that you are not interested in the offer and he is still being persistent?

Sounds like Overtsock.com to me

fine a complaint with the FTC tell them that they are ignorning your do not call list listing.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alucas
    Have you spoken with him and told him that you are not interested in the offer and he is still being persistent?
    Well, I thought that telling them I wasn't interested in promoting them anymore should be enough. To be honest, I don't have the time or inclination to talk to someone I'm not even working with. I have a special number for this sort of stuff because I can't deal with these people calling me in the middle of the day when I'm either working or trying to chase down a toddler that's coloring on my walls. All my other AMs call the contact number, leave me a message, and then I get back to them when I can. Anyway, this guy has just annoyed me to the point of not wanting to be bothered. I know I should just talk to him, but frankly, he's gotten on my wrong side. Especially after the couple of days he called several times in a half hour. I feel like he's stalking me!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Contact the company he represents directly and say if they do not stop calling you, you will take them to Judge Judy.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    *Shudder*
    Stuff like that is why I don't usually give merchants my phone number
    *Shudder*

Personally, I'd just let him waste his breath talking to a machine even if it took a year or more for him to give up.

Or, more creatively, you could make a fake message that says your number has been disconnected. Watch your Caller ID so you can tell who's calling--and when his call comes in, play that message (make it sound like the phone company's official one) instead of letting the answering machine get it. If he uses Caller ID block just treat all ID-blocked calls the same way and get rid of some telemarketers at the same time!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

We had an annoying telemarketer that would call all the time and ask for my son. Mind you, at the time my son was 5 years old. Finally I just handed my son the phone and told him the phone was for him. We were never bothered by that telemarketer again.

So next time this guy calls, just let your son answer the phone. I'm sure they could have a great conversation about Blues Clues or the Dooblebops!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread