I am in the process of having a PHP/MySQL solution developed for a coupon/discount site and wondered about one issue.

When I add a link, particularly for a Linkshare or CJ merchant, it won't be the entire HTML code (eg. with the img scr tag) as required for proper credit from those networks.

Has anyone else found this to be a problem if only the http:// URL is used, without the rest of the tag. Or do you program your solutions so that you can, indeed, enter the entire HTML code as specified by the networks?

Thanks,
    Susan

ABW Ambassador
    I don't worry about the 1x1 pixel image. The only ones to complain so far (over six months) are the Disney Store. I run a few banners for them, and they don't complain anymore.

Michael

Thanks, Michael

Appreciate your reply!

Susan

ABW Ambassador
    If you can store the link to the site in the database why can't you store the link to the 1x1? Possibly in another field of the table.

I have a database driven site and I display 1x1's.

I don't always use them, but it isn't because I use a database.

I just don't understand the reasoning that database driven somehow makes displaying a pixel impossible.

----
    -JM
    Banana Free in 2003. (and 2004, 2005, 2006, ...)

Joseph,

The solution I was presented with was an existing script. For lack of a better description, it is a bit like a links directory script, so has a field where you enter the URL. No space for full HTML code and no extra field for the image.

What you describe would require some custom programming which is outside of my budget (and skills) just now, at least I haven't found an option yet.

But any suggestions of a commercial script or reasonably priced programmer that would accomplish what is needed are welcome!

Susan

Perhaps you should wait until your skills are up to par to do it right. You'll have a lot less heartache if you do it correctly in a few months than if you have to redo a badly designed site that you threw up haphazardly.

So are you saying that EmDub's comment that the 1x1 pixel doesn't matter is wrong and that I do need to worry about this?

My first query in this thread was whether or not it would cause a problem not to have it. Does tracking work properly without it?

My design and content will be of good quality, so it isn't that I'm throwing up a poorly designed site. I just don't currently have a solution for the full tracking code.

Susan

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread