Private Message Issue
    My profile has 1 private message but it will not let me read it.....any ideas? I understand I have limitation on sending but was not aware about reading....

Sorry, you can't read or send them until you have enough posts. Whoever PM'd you will have to find another way to contact you.

yep, I have the same prob. Got 2 PM's but I have to post [a certain number of] times. Although it's an annoyance, it's one I'm willing to take on because I believe that it keeps the value of htis forum at a very high level. I'm not worried about weeding through a bunch of spam posts to get to the content. It's all relevant!

Danay
    Last edited by Leader; June 15th, 2005 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Removed specific post number

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    I think I read that you have to have [a number of] posts before you can use some services. That's going to be hard to do for those of us who haven't much to contribute yet. LOL
    Last edited by TJ; June 15th, 2005 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Removed specific post number

Sorry guys, not being able to read PMs is a short coming of the limitation, but hopefully you'll see that it is to protect ... I can name at least 40 separate PM spam offenders in the past year alone (prior to and including the new board software).

I have removed the post count number in the message (Thank you TJ for doing it in the thread) as I plan on fluctuating the number and granting (as I have been) access to people who do identify themselves as quality members via their posts. Conversely, I have also created another usergroup that I have been moving people into who obviously have only been posting for the numbers and they will NEVER get a sig nor PM rights.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    Haiko,

Sorry, I didn't intend to sound like a complainer. I was attempting to put a bit of humor in my post hense the "LOL" at the end. I'm here mostly to read posts and learn, and I probably should keep my keyboard locked up until I'm better educated. *grin*

Thanks,
    Lectric

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Lectric,

Haiko's post was an explanation for those reading this thread. Unlock that keyboard. As new members continue to join the forums, we periodically have to explain different things about the forums. There is also a sticky thread here about some of the different board privs. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=55801

BTW, welcome to ABW! Jump right in and I'm sure you'll be a "Veteran" before you know it.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread