Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Question What does everyone (who is up right now) think of "internet marketing gurus"?
    This may be bad thai-ming as Corey just passed (I was about to work with him), but...

Has anyone actually ever bought any of those "internet marketing gurus" courses, packages, or personal mentorships?

Were they worth the money?

(thanx)

Fu ( k No!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Nope never bought any of those - but have heard many recommendations for the Guerilla Marketing books - reading that kind of book would bore me to tears.

Most of what you need to know can truly be found on this message board and others if you take the time to read.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

oh.. wow thanks! I thought it was rather silly that someone who can only promote their promotion methods. Sounded a bit dubious to me. I had initially tried to ask some of these guys if they were in fact "all that", if they would work on a % - but I only got ignored, and laughed at. They wanted their $200 - $5,000 up front.

By the way - I was just looking at one of these sites and the exact quote was something like "affiliates who will break their backs making you money!"

Now as much as I am a dedicated entrepreneur - that just sounds downright feudalistic (me boss... you lowly affiliate), even totolitarian.

Why don't we have merchants breaking their backs to make a BETTER F___ING product and BRANDING it before they try to hoodwink affiliates into "breaking their backs" making them e-millionaires?

oooh! I sound so revolutionary! !Viva Revolucion!

I think I had better have my temperature checked.

::edit:: --> yeah... I spend a few hours every night here trying to learn sumthin. Sooner or later it will sink in (thanx)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've never bought any either. From their pitches (and the excerpts of the books leaked in some of the pitches, along with on boards), they all sound like fertilizer of some sort or another.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

There are some merchants/AM's who work as hard if not harder than affiliates. Some treat us like garbage beneath their feet - needless to say, I'm sure you can figure out what merchants get replaced.
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    I worked for a RE guru once upon a time. I can't speak for other guru's, but the one I worked for gathered information, packaged it real pretty, and sold it for hundreds of dollars (he still does and is getting richer every day!). Anyone with a computer could gather the same info for free.

They all sound like hucksters to me.

There is So Much good info here and lots of people to answer questions. Best place to be to read and learn!!
    Ebudae

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Then only one I've bought is James Martells book, that was pretty good, the rest... not read them, the sales pitch puts me off .

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Talking
    IMHO, there is no REAL internet marketing guru. Each book follows the same basic layout with some variations...

1. Explain basic internet marketing principles
    2. Explain creative strategies for marketing
    3. Explain how to put them in place
    4. offer free resources and lots of encouragement
    5. Use examples of folks who have made millions

Basically, they take marketing basics and apply them to the net. Granted, internet marketing is it's own industry now, but it is marketing.

I did read the Guerilla books when I started in marketing and it's a great resource, again, explaining the basics, etc. Most of these things are thought up by those of us who always have ideas running around in our heads anyway. They are just creative ways to be seen, heard, known, marketed.

It's good inspiration, but never worth the money they charge. Everyone I know who has ready these books says pretty much the same thing, that the content is common sense stuff.

The same goes for most guru speakers at trade shows, panels, etc. Just about everything they tell you is common sense, but they engage you and entertain you with that info.

Whatever you can learn in any of those books or from speakers, you can very well learn on your own surfing the net and getting involved in really good forums such as this one.

Wow, with this much written, I'm about 5% done with my new Internet Marketing Unleashed eBook! LOL

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    It seems to me that anyone who can make more money selling their advice, rather than following their own advice are selling advice that can't be worth much.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

I've never bought such book either but I have subscribed to free newsletters, incl. the late Corey's. As long as one takes the info with a grain of salt it can actually provide the occasional food-for-thought.

There is no doubt that this board is as close to the holy grail of affiliate marketing as it gets, yet these 'guru' newsletters provide sometimes additional views. Key is that one has to be experienced enough to separate bull from reasonable ideas.

Frank

Internet markmeting gurus are just motivational speakers that sell you bullshit. That how they make thier money. (and they are always getting richer)

Guru - a word for those who can't spell charlatan.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I always see this as just another kind of spam and about as useful as those sales sites with those long pages of text. Can't remember what you call it offhand but I'm sure some will know what I mean

I bought one at the beginning of the internet revolution (10 years ago). Didn't make a cent with it. But it did open my eyes to the possibility of making money in different ways. Leading me to direct marketing and affiliate marketing as an alternative to working 12 - 14 hrs a day. Still learning new stuff but now it's just a numbers game for me.

Tidbit..
    If your site has sticking power with the customer, then the more people you advertise to the more money you will have. It's all about the people and serving their needs and wants.
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I think anyone who plasters a label on themself that reads, "Lookee here, I'm hot shit," is almost certainly not hot shit at all. To me it screams, "pay attention to me, I'm needy!"

What these guys need is your money.

What about Tony Robbins, Carlton Sheets, etc.?
    Luke
    Have you promoted your brand name today?

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by danay
    Wow, with this much written, I'm about 5% done with my new Internet Marketing Unleashed eBook! LOL
    Yaay!!

em@il me and I will send you a free (PDF) copy of my book "How to Write a Great Book in Just Under Two Weeks - and then sell it fast!"

It's "mostly done" (a few things I *should* add at the end but...) I pretty much wrote it to motivate myself and I am not bothering to sell it anyway (I just give it away randomly to nice people). There are far too many "how to write a book" books on the market already. But mine has pretty stick-figure cartoons! (NO ONE can doodle a stick-figure like I can!!)

If you do take me up on my offer and DO write a book - be sure to jack the price up and sell millions of copies so I can laugh at all of the rest of the "internet marketing gurus". They realy have gotten under my skin.

Cool
    Oh yeah - as to carlton Sheets, and Robert Allen (the "how to make a fortune selling real estate even if you are flat broke and homeless" guys). They are selling valuable "information" versus selling information on how to sell your information.

It's the people who sell information on "how to sell your information" that confuse me.

As to Tony... The ONLY thing I ever learned from him (and I got this from Napoleon Hill when I was 11) was that "You MUST make your goal a *must* (life or death/burning desire...). Everything else he said was probably good for people who need motivation, but I have plenty of motivation. I just need money. Being poor sux!

I started out with the Martell book too, and since then have moved on to all the stuff on the ABW board. Without the Martell book I probably wouldn't have made it here - it never would have occurred to me that all of this was actually possible. But I have to say, there's far more good useful stuff here at ABW than all of the internet marketing gurus put together. And all that lovely datafeed info - oh my ... I'm an ABW junkie, that's for sure.

Anyone interested in buying a 1984 Dave Del Dotto (Creating Cash Flow Now) seminar, on books and tapes?

It's only a 21 years old seminar, but still in very good condition.

Nevermind, I will keep it for 9 more years.

I might be able to create some cash flow, when I sell it on eBay on 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Anyone interested in buying a 1984 Dave Del Dotto (Creating Cash Flow Now) seminar, on books and tapes?
    It's only a 21 years old seminar, but still in very good condition.
    Nevermind, I will keep it for 9 more years.
    I might be able to create some cash flow, when I sell it on eBay on 2014
    ROFL

Wasn't he one of those "make money in real estate" guys? Or was he one of the "teeny tiny ads" guys? I get them confused. My favorite was the obnoxious asian guy who always insulted the viewers while boasting how much money he made. Offhand, does anyone remember his name?

Wasn't he one of those "make money in real estate" guys? Or was he one of the "teeny tiny ads" guys? I get them confused. My favorite was the obnoxious asian guy who always insulted the viewers while boasting how much money he made. Offhand, does anyone remember his name?
    Yes, in

---------

I think that one, was (Tom boo) or some similar name.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I started out with the Martell book too, and since then have moved on to all the stuff on the ABW board. Without the Martell book I probably wouldn't have made it here
    James is one of the few that practices what he preaches, and gives ongoing support and updates.

Nice guy to chat and share a meal with too.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast