Is anyone having any success with Best Deal magazines at cj?

Jason
    Santa Cruz

ABW Ambassador
    They do fairly well for our untargetted traffic we offer them - these days any banner revenue amazes me.

Wish they would get it so you could link to individual mags and drop all that free ebook crap. Then I would really promote them.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah even with all the diversionarycrapjunkspambullshitdiversions on their site .. manage to get a few subs here and there. BTW, they also have a program at BF.

Anyone have opinions on which is better (for this particular merchant, not network vs network)...

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

ABW Ambassador
    I have them at BF and they are the only mag merchant that seems to convert on a normal basis, even tho there site looks like ...

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

In a few weeks we will have links to the individual magazines on our BeFree link page - we can not do this with CJ as they can not accomodate nearly 1000 links. There should be a search window so you can simply type in the title of the magazine and get the links. Also, we provide ready to past links for our promotions for the BeFree links in our weekly emails to our affiliates.

As to the free book it is not crap - our customers really love them and with our five free eBook offer for simply registering, we are getting a lot of signups who do not order on the first visit. The free eBook offer has been hughly successful and we will be expanding it to include reports on home business opportunities and simnilar ideas.

With some of my affiliates earning $2,000 a month or more with extraordinary conversion rates promoting my weekly discoupons, I think you will be a real winner if you promote us now rather than wait for the individual title links.

Sorry I have not responeded sooner but I was away on the Affiliate Force 2003 conference which was simply fantastic.

Philip Seldon
    Best Deal Magazines

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    They do fairly well for our untargetted traffic we offer them - these days any banner revenue amazes me.

Wish they would get it so you could link to individual mags and drop all that free ebook crap. Then I would really promote them.

Chet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    Hello, philip.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    As to the free book it is not crap - our customers really love them and with our five free eBook offer for simply registering, we are getting a lot of signups who do not order on the first visit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does this work out for the affiliate who sent the traffic?

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ...

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting thing about BDM site.

Hit the site via CJ link. Notice text on left navbar: Affiliate ID: xxxxxxxx. Open new window. Hit site via BeFree link. Notice CJ ID still there.

Hit site via type-in. Notice lack of text Affiliate ID: on left navbar. Open New Window. Hit site via CJ and/or Befree link. Notice lack of Affiliate ID: text on left Navbar.

Etc...

Basically it seems that first referrer/affiliate always shows on the left bar. Seems to be tied to a session cookie only (close all browsers, start over, and get a new Affiliate ID: display). Not sure if Affiliate ID: display on left bar is in any way related to tracking. Kind of curious as there must be some overlap between befree and CJ ID's.... This could be good for stopping parasitic hijacking, but, the usual arguments against first-affiliate-wins apply.

Hmm. (?)

[edit]next message

I consistantly have sales with Bestdeal for over a year now - maybe more - almost daily sometimes a few times a day. I linked some of my links to their alphabetical listing page, with CJ advance , less clutter , and lists all the magazines available with their price.
    From personal experience I can tell you the owner , Philip , is a true gentleman , who does care about his affiliates. The first site was a "can" site. The revised site is a "little" better , but you are not talking about someone with a Amazon budget. You are talking about a guy who sells magazine subscriptions at a VERY deep discount which doesn't leave alot of net. You figure it out. A $3.95 subscription less a 12% coupon is $3.48. Less 20% to affiliate , leaves $2.78. Less CJ costs of 0.49 , leaves $2.29 , less credit card processing , leaves $1.89 to cover cost of subscription , allow for bad debts ( yes , people reject the credit card charges and not only does he loose the money but is accessed a heavy "charge back" fee ) , pay for personel , hosting etc. ( did I forget cover Phil's power lunches ? )
    I use the coupons , and find them successful , when Phil remembers to send them to his CJ affiliates. ( Befree affiliates always get current coupon codes ) I haven't switched over my links to the Befree program , I literally have thousands of BestDeal links throughout my site , because of the bad reputation I continually hear about Befree , and some personal bad experiences with a couple of their merchants.
    I can highly recommend BestDeal. If you haven't started with them yet - maybe consider joining under the BeFree program - if you trust BeFree , as I think Philip will be putting more effort into that program.

MYSTICAL CARIBBEAN LOVELEAF - It's Brought Good Health, Good Luck - and LOVE - to Caribbean People For Years!
    http://www.loveleaf.net

I received two payments from them since i changed the links to Befree.

http://8n.nu/

&gt;&gt;because of the bad reputation I continually hear about Befree &lt;&lt;

Continually? Where?

Everybody has issues, but this sounds like something I was used to seeing over a year ago. Things are a bit different 'round here now.

--
    scott@befree.com

15 years and counting
    Yep, it's different now. Thanks for a great job, Scott

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

I thought they wanted us to all move to BeFree?

That's what I was told. I'm doing far better with them over there than I was at CJ. Was doing ok at CJ - but at least 50% better at BF.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

ABW Ambassador
    I have had a few sales commssions with them through CJ. What benefit would there be, in your opinion, to switching to befree? I amwhere the money is

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

Big Chuck,

The Benefit, IMHO, is that if you're seeing 5 sales a month at CJ, you'll see 10
    at BeFree. Reporting (shocker!) is more consistent.

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

I've always had great luck with BestDealMagazines. And amazingly, the check arrives just 5-7 days after the end of the month. Philip is consistently the fastest paying merchant we have.

I had the opportunity to spend some time with him at AF2003 and he's a fantastic guy and completely dedicated to his affiliates.

Maggie
    maggie@dealhunting.com
    http://www.dealhunting.com

Their coupons are too complicated.

- short period
    - different coupons for different categories
    - too much different coupons

http://8n.nu/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vrindavan:
    Their coupons are too complicated.

- short period
    - different coupons for different categories
    - too much different coupons

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>For whatever reason, my sales have skyrocketed. I love their coupons! They're varied, plentiful, have short durations and we always get new ones week after week so they have lots of front page coverage. I just wish the emails weren't written in 25 point font!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread