Affiliate Manager
    Overall experience with SAS?
    Hi folks,

I was hoping to get a quick synopsis of the SAS solution from everyone. Hows it working for you? What's your favorite feature? What's your least favorite?

I'm hoping for a call back from them today, in which case we may have an affiliate program up and running by next week. Its strikes me as the SAS forum is almost the only one with generally positive comments. Is SAS big enough to provide enough support for both affiliates and merchants?

Look forward to hearing your reviews!

Thanks!

Dave@HomeOfDecor.com

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave@HomeofDecor.com
    Hi folks,

I was hoping to get a quick synopsis of the SAS solution from everyone. Hows it working for you? What's your favorite feature? What's your least favorite?

I'm hoping for a call back from them today, in which case we may have an affiliate program up and running by next week. Its strikes me as the SAS forum is almost the only one with generally positive comments. Is SAS big enough to provide enough support for both affiliates and merchants?

Look forward to hearing your reviews!

Thanks!

Dave@HomeOfDecor.com
    I am very happy with them.

i think that we have a thread about shareasale.
    somewhere about, ! and its all positive
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Very happy with them so far.

Favorite --> ftp datafeed access, return day analysis, many, many ...
    Least favorite --> http download of datafeed generated

Puts some of the second biggest network to shame.

ABW Ambassador
    I like them. But before starting a program, might want to get some input from affiliates, there might be some questions about the 1877 Live Help and link to ebay. Otherwise looks like you have a great selection, think you'll do fine at SAS.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I like them. But before starting a program, might want to get some input from affiliates, there might be some questions about the 1877 Live Help and link to ebay. Otherwise looks like you have a great selection, think you'll do fine at SAS.
    Hi Trust,

Great points... I am curious about that as well. The toll free support number is a big deal for us - we take pride on our customer service and support (both a full time sales and customer service department in house). We don't process orders through our ecommerce engine when they come through, although they are put in a different bin - how would something like that get worked out? I've seen other companies that say 'phone-in commissions' - how does that happen?

The eBay link is for a very small selection of overstock products - we don't even use an eBay store, just a few pieces that we need to clear out of our warehouse.

Thanks for the feedback, I'd appreciate any advice on that phone issue if you've got any.

Thanks everyone for their positive comments, its helping influence our position. Any really glaring negatives about SAS?

Dave@HomeOfDecor.com

ABW Ambassador
    As far as the phone, i think some merchants have come up with solutions, i forget which ones but i'm sure they can help out. Or somebody else might know how that works?

The ebay i noticed it was only 4 items up. It is an outgoing link that we won't get paid commissions on. Now i don't think i would lose commissions since there's only 4 items up compared to the huge selection but it's possible so some might have a problem with it, some won't. I wonder if you could add an overstock section on the site and sell it thru there?

15 years and counting
    Dave@HomeofDecor.com - Hows it working for you? What's your favorite feature? What's your least favorite?
    I like ShareAsale. I started working with them only last year after 10 years as an affiliate. (Sorry, I'm not perfect) Took me some time to work with a network again after all the disappointments brought by BeFree, Performics, LS, CJ... for their lack of ethics. SAS is a straight forward, no bs network. Parasite free. Real time reporting, DataFeed, Make your own page. They respect their affiliates. Fast answers to your questions. They pay on time, consolitated payment and direct deposit. My balance is just around $2K with 2 or 3 merchants, it's not much compare to my earning with others but SAS is more valuable for me. I'll be working to increase that.
    My least favorite features? Not many, compare to all the positive points. They need more merchants to grow.

Affiliate Manager
    Positive here
    Admittedly, we're a new program, so our experience is limited, but I'm very pleased so far. They seem quite responsive to problems or inquiries, and most importantly, they actually answer the phone when you call.

Justin Christopher
    Jenson USA
    http://www.jensonusa.com/helpdesk/affiliate.aspx

Check with Shawn at Nature Hills Nursery about tracking 800 phone sales and cataloque sales, and cookie durations. He runs one of the fairest programs that I deal with. I'd love to see more like him.

Jazz T.

Affiliate Manager
    Jazz,

Thanks for the information, Nature Hills Nursery looks like it has a great affiliate strategy. Excellent find. I sent an email with some quick questions for him, hope I hear back.

We at HomeOfDecor.com are looking forward to creating an affiliate program that provides that level of payout and support. Thanks for all the feedback folks.

Dave@HomeOfDecor.com

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Whoops!
    Last edited by ~Michelle; June 17th, 2005 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Wrong thread! LOL
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread