Internet Cowboy
    Just in case you don't believe the proof presented by many about parasites
    Read this post

This pretty much says it all.

So, I don't understand how that's legal? You have to change something on YOUR end so they can't redirect your hard earned money? Shouldn't that be the other way around? Call me crazy, but I can't believe that CJ doesn't pre-populate all of your links with that "magic code" to prevent re-directs when you pick it up! That would take care of the majority of this problem I would think.....
    I've wondered the same thing for a long time, but then it finally hit me after talking to another Affiliate Manager who told me that the down side of rewards programs like eBates is that every time the visitor returns they go through eBates to get their rebate. Where if the site isn't listed at eBates, then the shopper might come to the site directly and shop.

Think about it. If you have an affiliate program associated with eBates, every time a shopper returns to your site you're going to be paying eBates a commission. Now, if you weren't a member of eBates, the shopper might return on their own anyway because they like your site and you wouldn't have to pay a commission.

Of course CJ is going to promote eBates because CJ gets a cut of the pie. They don't get a share of sales made to direct visitors to your site. So CJ promotes eBates as such a hot property, when in reality itís just a way to siphon more commissions from repeat shoppers.

Those of us without a rewards program have to rely on longer cookies (that hopefully parasites don't overwrite), or the fact that we've designed our pages so well that the customer sets a bookmark and returns to our site first.

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    Question
    I can't believe that CJ doesn't pre-populate all of your links with that "magic code" to prevent re-directs when you pick it up!
    Is there a code that will prevent re-directs? If so, can we add it to our scripts to protect them?

The code is to inform the parasites not to over-write your cookie. See Kellie's post (#11) in this thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=59183

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread