Hello,

I run a deal forum which has been quite successful in terms of activity over the past few months. Currently, I see several “deal sites” which have close to zero activity. I thought I might offer you the ability to add my site to your link under forums. The cost for this would be zero. In return you will have a set of forums which appear to be more “active” and since at this time we do not have all the coupons. Categories, etc..like regular “deal sites” your visitors will come back to you for that info, and simply be able to discuss those deals in an active forum. Total Page Views for May: 352,015

To start out I will accept two sites. In addition, you may know that forums take up much more bandwidth than simple “static” pages. I should note that I got this idea from how techbargains forums:

forums.techbargains.com

are linked on dealcatcher's forums. I was thiking to do something similar with a fairly active coupon / deal site that doesn't have "active" forums.

Thank You!

Please PM me if you would like to discuss this further.

Mods: If this isn't allowed please delete, but I don't see why not.

I am interest at your offer ,I speak 3 language. If I could help to contact France and Germany. Please give me a chance, I would like to have your active Forum an my web page.Please reply to this message.
    Marie Baggette

hptt://siamise3

I should clarify this:
    "I thought I might offer you the ability to add my site to your link under forums."

Basically, when you go to a site like dealcatcher.com and click FORUMS that is in reality techbargains, and you will notice some links to TB there. When you go the techbargains forum there is no link the dealcatcher though? How is deal catcher benefiting?
    a) They do not have to maintain their own forums.
    b) They create a “community” under their. site.
    c) Most commissions are still earned of the main deal section on deal catcher, not the forum.

I am interest in both page, e-mail me at Marie Baggettemariebgg@aol.com

hptt://siamise3

Actually, the techbargains forum is run by Dealcatcher, and is just branded to appear on both techbargains and dealcatcher to be the forum of that site.
    I also went in on this setup for a bit over a year ago, but it was very confusing for my visitors, they were wondering why it was the same as dealcatcher's and techbargain's forum, and didn't like the idea that their posts were "shared" and it also got confusing when I would mention something about my site, those at dealcatcher would think I was spamming their board, when I was posting on "my forum"

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Let me get this straight. We get the privilege of linking to your site and sending you traffic in exchange for the appearance of having active forums??? Where do I sign up?

Hmmm...

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

Thank You for the clarification Connie. Well I guess techbargains is doing it for a reason. FYI: Forums use up ALOT of bandwidth. Anyways, I just noticed that most sites' forums are "dead"

For example my site is less than Six months old and has over 7x the members and great activity when compared to Flamingoworld's. This is just an example. If your site is active enough, I may consider adding a linkback to your site, but that wasn't in my plans, it was more of a techbargains / dealcatcher setup. Anyways, if you don't like the idea, than please forgive me. I thought some would like it...

I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea, I just don't see what most webmasters would be getting out of it. One of the primary reasons for my using forums is to create stickiness for my own site. If the forums are based on another site altogether, my main site looses that stickiness.

Maybe if you offered cobranding or a good commission for forum sign-ups I might be interested, but I don't think most serious webmasters would be inclined to just give away traffic to a potential competitor.

Actually, the number of members you have isn't important, but the number of active members is.
    I am not looking myself to have a big forum, my members just wanted a place to interact so I gave it to them. I haven't had it very long, but it is going well.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

"Let me get this straight. We get the privilege of linking to your site and sending you traffic in exchange for the appearance of having active forums??? Where do I sign up? "

LMAO!!

The site would be framed under your site, so in essence they would never leave. Anways, mods please delete this. I wish you all the best of luck!

How can you make your forum hot?
    It's a good idea to link your own forum to some famous forum. However, it's useful to make your forum hot? I don't think so. You'd better fill some special information into your forum, like dealunion's forum-- always offer the cheapest and best product information. If your forum always attract reader's eyes, more and more threads would appear in your forum.
    There's a success example:
    Recently I found that a new open forum, but it became hot in a few days, because the host always fill some unique and interesting in off-topic, which attracts reader's eyes!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread