Red face Some days is just ain't easy being a merchant
    yeah I know... whaa whaa whaaa. Try being an affiliate sometime! (Now THAt is scary!!!)

(sorry for whining) but check this out!!

I just got a Business Proposal from My Affiliate Program.

It is ten pages long and has lots of pretty colors, and charts and graphs, but the end result is that in order to "start me out with an affiliate program" - and run it by the looks of it) they want $60,000! (US please - cash or certified check only)

That $60,000 is before I actually recruit or *pay* any affiliates.

Wow! If I had $60,000 to blow, I think I would rather just hand it over to a few affiliates and take my chances.

All in all it is prolly a good deal, when I am already an e-millionaire!

Why don't you sign up with shareasale?
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Smile
    Someone from sharesale called me today (I think - I was working in the hot sun all day... someone called me... and then my cell phone kept dropping the call(s)).

I think I will take another quick peek at their website and see what it was that is holding me back...

brb - oh and thanx!! (love the name)

---- okay back... ----

Yeah - it's only $200 to start. I can do that. And it *looks* simple enuf

I think I will poke around a bit and maybe join them next week.

Thanks again!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    they want $60,000!
    *CLUNK* *faints*

I went over to their site last week, and they did claim to have some option for "under $1000." But seeing that price you mentioned, I bet the bare-bones version is $999.99!

Yeah - it's only $200 to start. I can do that. And it *looks* simple enuf
    You have to figure out how to get the variables (order amount and order number) into the SAS code. But you'd have to do that anywhere (that doesn't charge through the butt to do it for you), I'd think...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    The MYAP pricing is the most confusing I have ever come across (sorry guys) every time I try to figure out exactly how much I would pay per month I'm still left unsure, however I am pretty sure it doesn't run to $60k... unless you are going for the Private Label network version in which case I think it might hit that price per year, I believe the DT private label network version does.

SAS pricing is easy to figure out for sure and great value for money

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    You have to figure out how to get the variables (order amount and order number) into the SAS code. But you'd have to do that anywhere (that doesn't charge through the butt to do it for you), I'd think...
    In many cases, it's just a matter of copying and pasting the code provided by SAS into the affiliate tracking area of the admin area of the shopping cart. No offense DustyWhite, but I'm not getting the impression that an elaborate custom built shopping cart is involved here. Many off the shelf and hosted shopping carts provide for easy implementation of affiliate tracking code within the cart now.

SAS can most likely let you know if you tell them what shopping cart you are using.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    SAS is the best deal, IMO....
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Some days is just ain't easy being a merchant
    It will be easier when you have SAS on your side.

Go with SAS and you will get from your affiliates, no questions asked!

I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH SHAREASALE

every week some guy called Brian, keeps taking money from me !!!!

and thats because shareasale is making money for me.!!!!
    lots,lots more than they take

YIPPEEEEE

60 k. bo77oLKS ... tell them to

go with shareasale .... the peoples choice
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    In many cases, it's just a matter of copying and pasting the code provided by SAS into the affiliate tracking area of the admin area of the shopping cart.
    If I did that, I can tell that the variables would just keep saying, AMOUNTHERE (or whatever it was) instead of the figure... So I had to let the page know how to put the actual amount in there and in the other spot that has a dynamic variable, in order to get it to do what the sample said it should.

There's more hash (see my thread in the SAS forum)...

and thats because shareasale is making money for me.!!!!
    lots,lots more than they take~Niel
    That's great to hear!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Talking Hey! I think I am starting to get the hang of this!! =)
    I was just about to write and ask what SAS was when it hit me.

Okay first off: as to the $60,000. I spoke to someone about MYAP over the phone during the day, where I explained that I wanted to sell my ebook online and that I was completely lost with the whole "affiliate thing". They in turn sent me an email with a 10 page doc file attached:

The email said "it isn't cheap but it should work nicely for what you are doing". The document had the $60,000 (a year!!) explicitly stated, after something about Affiliate Managers and pretty pictures of how much money I could make. I still have both if anyone wants a laugh.

As to SAS... Yeah, that seems the way to go. I will see what I can do next week. It was nice to see that MYAP did offer to recruit affiliates for me (as I have no idea as to how to go about that part), but I guess if I keep reading long enough I will eventually understand this whole new world.

Thanks for all of the advice. I guess the person at MYAP I spoke to took me for a rich sucker instead of a broke newbie.

grr

If you are selling an ebook wouldn't clickbank be the best bet? Or are there problems with them I don't know about?

yeah...
    After alot of reading (my eyes are swollen now)

I did join clickbank (just $50 - so that was easy) because they seem automated... Sounds like a natural choice for a complete newbie like me. I am still researching SAS.

I am trying to figure out if I should be loyal to only ONE aff program - or if I should join a few. I don't know the rules of the game. If clickbank doesn't work out I will see what to do then. In the mean time I can get my feet wet at clickbank - and focus on helping/being of service to any affiliates crazy enough to sellmy product.

I am announcing my site/offer through the directories one at a time. That seems kinda painless so far.

oh yeah... Thanks (again - and as always) everyone for the time and advice! It is all deeply appreciated.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread