Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thumbs up Latest update was good for me!
    During the December update I was dealt a devastating blow by Google, but it seems that over the past 3 days I've been getting my traffic back big time and my pages are ranking very well again. I guess it shows that you should never give up hope.

Glad to hear your finally getting some of your traffic back!

Best-o-luck!
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Thanks Ray . However, I'm not going to bet any money on it just yet as you never know with Google these days. At the moment I'm enjoying the traffic increase for as long as it lasts. I might even reward Google by doing some (very limited) PPC advertising to draw a bit more traffic.

Talking
    Congrats Grumpy,

I'm starting to see some excellent changes myself. I've attached an Urchin graph that shows my Google traffic for one particular site. I just love running this report!! It gets better by the day This site is getting more and more natural incoming links so I think this is my reward. Just gotta keep them coming!

- Scott
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Red face Congrats to you too!
    Good to hear that you're also seeing the same trend. You know what they say.... "Strike while the iron's hot"!! Well that's just what I'm doing now - I'm feverishly giving my pages a much-needed facelift and I'm going to build a lot more while the going is good. I hope all this traffic has a positive effect on sales as mine started declining the day that my Google listings disappeared off the radar screen. Good luck to you and keep in touch as to how things are going your end.

I hope this trend spreads

Action Jackson - King of the World
    As as of late last night early this morning I was still seeing a lot of shifting so I don't think it's over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    As as of late last night early this morning I was still seeing a lot of shifting so I don't think it's over yet.
    I believe Google Guy said the Bourbon update would be rolling out in stages - and not be over till around the end of the month. He gave a date but I don't remember.
    Ebudae

Last I heard they were on phase 3 of 3.5 and the final changes will be much less substantial than the first. I think they're pretty much wrapping things up. I don't expect to see too many big changes at this point.

- Scott

I've seen a lot of traffic that vaporized over the past few updates coming back across quite a few sites.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    One of my most popular pages went up in smoke because a Boyscout chapter copied its content word for word to their own page. Google doesn't seem to bother to check history to see which page should rightfully be penalized. The higher ranking site prevails. In this case the PR's were equal but somehow they calculated that other page took priority. This was not some SEO ploy but just a bunch of people thinking no harm would occur if a non-profit org "borrowed" the content. I sent a cease and desist email.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by jackson992
    You may be right because I'm also seeing a lot of changes again today. My traffic is still coming but I just noticed that a couple of my pages have disappeared off the radar again - they were still in the top 10 this morning! Geez I really hope it doesn't go back to what it was after the December update or I'm going to be screwed again. I probably bloody jinxed it by posting in the Forum yesterday.

Grumpy,

Yeah, what a bummer. It seems to have been taken away again. Google can be so discouraging sometimes...

- Scott

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Update on my site: The page in question has been taken down. I was told that the kids (Boyscouts) were allowed to publish and they put up the copied page. What I find amazing is that Google actually ranked this page ahead of mine. Furthermore, for long string of text, my page did not come up at all but rather Google returned the copy so I was indeed penalized. I suppose now I will have to wait another month for things to be corrected.

Google says no outside party can adversely affect your rankings. Here a couple of unknowing Boyscouts got me a penalty.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Update on my site: The page in question has been taken down. I was told that the kids (Boyscouts) were allowed to publish and they put up the copied page. What I find amazing is that Google actually ranked this page ahead of mine. Furthermore, for long string of text, my page did not come up at all but rather Google returned the copy so I was indeed penalized. I suppose now I will have to wait another month for things to be corrected.

Google says no outside party can adversely affect your rankings. Here a couple of unknowing Boyscouts got me a penalty.
    It's a real bummer Cheesehead and I wouldn't blame you for being real p***** off about that considering how hard it is to get into Google's good graces. Talking about the "G" there are really weird things going on. I use one of my pages as a "test" for rankings. Yesterday morning it was there, last night it was missing - this morning it was back and now it's gone again. It's almost as though their search results are shifting all the time and that you get a different result for the same keyword every time you do a search! I really wish they would settle down once and for all.

I'm seeing some positive results from Google again. I was gaining traffic from them for a short period then it dropped to about half for 10 days. Now the past 2 days have been doubled again. Seems like Google can't make up it's mind about my site.

- Scott

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm seeing whacky results from G. For obvious reasons, I've started to watch the keyword "tulips."
    A week or so ago, I noticed certain sites ranking highly for that. Now, about 1/2 those sites have been tanked down to between #250 and #350!

I can't imagine that all those other sites suddenly changed enough to cause that much of a drop in the SERPs to the other sites. There were both content and sales sites affected.

And it's made another change since yesterday. Yesterday there were still too many sites about Tulip Mania instead of about tulips themselves. Now, that's changed, and there's a mix of sales sites and content, but there's also some oddballs--an investment site (tulips and bears) and one or two about something called "tulips and bread."

I'd say it's about as settled as a basketball during last week's playoffs.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I benefitted hugely from the December update, and it got even better after the February update. I was such a happy camper.

The May update clobbered one of my sites, and somewhat negatively affected a second one. A third site improved a lot and a fourth was unaffected.

All of a sudden last night I started to see traffic from Google to the clobbered site again. Well that's nice but what's next?

I can't figure out what Google's doing and I've decided not to fret about it. I refuse to spend ridiculous quantities of time sussing Google's latest algorithm changes. I'm just going to keep doing what I've always done and hope for a positive outcome. My KISS approach to SEO has worked well in the past and I see no reason why it won't work well in the future. Assuming Google doesn't go all psychotic.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I'm seeing dramatic changes on these datacenters:

I sure hope they propagate to the other datacenters.

Well things have pretty much settled down for me right now and I intend to strike while the iron is hot! My Google traffic is back on track after coming and going earlier in the month, and I've also noticed a significant increase from MSN. Yahoo has remained constant for a long time now, which was my only saving grace after last December's Google update. How long this is going to last is anybody's guess but, for right now, I am a pretty happy camper

Action Jackson - King of the World
    My traffic from Google has doubled the last few days. Let's hope it continues

My traffic has been picking up over the past few days as well. Nothing stunning, but a slight increase. Odd thing was that my main search terms were still buried. I decided to check google.fr last night and was surprised to see my main search term at number 4. I finally checked the US site today and now I'm at number 2 with many of my main search terms back in the top 2 places. Let's hope things stay this way for awhile!

Same scenerio has happened to me. After maintaining Number 1 for my primary search term for years, I got dumped to #5 in February. Other areas at my site were hit too. Then last month things got worse. I was still #5, but my other main areas dropped even further. June was the worst month I've seen in two years.

Then all of a sudden last night somebody turned back time ... I've regained #1 spot, and all the traffic I used to get before the February update seems to have returned.

I just hope it holds.

My sites have been holding steady w/backlinks and indexed pages for the past couple of days. The first time I've seen no movement at all for awhile.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Well,
    my front page was indexed, while it was "under construction", and no links back to my site.(?) Now, my site is no longer indexed at all! wtf?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast