Unhappy Buy.com Data Feed??
    Somebody here use Buy.com Data Feed (cj.com or external)?
    Today I contact cj.com for this data feed but I must again pay $250 only for this data feed (3GB)....buy.com offer external data feeds?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by x-man
    data feed (3GB)
    Practically 1.23GB only after unzip

You pay $250 for that data feed?

You pay $250 for that data feed?
    Basic rules required $10K sales in any month

No no no, before few months I pay $250 (because I don`t generate $10K in sales) and I use few data feeds from other merchants but now when I want use buy.com data feed, this is answer from cj.com support:
    To receive the Buy.com feed (over 3GB of data), it is an additional $250.

No no no, before few months I pay $250 (because I don`t generate $10K in sales) and I use few data feeds from other merchants but now when I want use buy.com data feed, this is answer from cj.com support:
    To receive the Buy.com feed (over 3GB of data), it is an additional $250.
    For start work with datafeed exist many other good company with huge datafeed. In any case size of datafeed is not guarantee for size of revenue

I also asked to have the feed added to my account (I did pay the $200 last year for access to the feeds). It is indeed a $250 activation fee above and beyond all regualar fees, regardless of how much in sales you produce. I also did confirm this with CJ tech support. Kinda sucks having to pay a fee like that just to have access to one merchant.

dak

I also don`t like that, I must pay to promote somebody (buy.com earn money and cj.com earn money), like some joke

I like networks with free data feeds like shareasale and that must be free because with data feeds we can better promote merchants and generate more sales and earn more money and with us cj.com earn more money and merchant earn more money...

Affiliate Manager affiliatemanager's Avatar
    Talking
    Dear Buy.com Affiliates,

We want to encourage our affiliates to promote Buy.com's cool products and reap the benefits of high conversions from publishing our datafeed! Yes, CJ does charge a one time $250 fee to have access to all their Merchants datafeeds. So if you already have access, there is not an additional fee for adding Buy.com's. However, I am happy to set up an account for you free of charge if you are an active (order generating) affiliate directly with Buy.com.

In order to sign up, please fill out the form on this page:

http://www.buy.com/retail/affiliates...eed_signup.asp

Once you fill it out, please allow a couple days to set up your account and I will email you your login information.

Thanks to everyone for your support!

PS: If our Buy.com url is blocked in the URL above just email me at affiliates@buy.com with your website URL and CJ PID and I will get you set up...

Melissa

Melissa D.Salas
    Buy.com Marketing Manager
    affiliates@buy.com

Quote Originally Posted by affiliatemanager
    Dear Buy.com Affiliates,

We want to encourage our affiliates to promote Buy.com's cool products and reap the benefits of high conversions from publishing our datafeed! Yes, CJ does charge a one time $250 fee to have access to all their Merchants datafeeds. So if you already have access, there is not an additional fee for adding Buy.com's.

No, that is not true!! cj.com charge additional fee for only your data feed ($250)! You can see here answer from cj support!

Hi Melissa - I was a new Buy.com affiliate just getting the kinks worked out of my Buy.com datafeed site when you folks moved from the other place - I;ll be sending in the reapplication to you soon but first a couple of questions - on your signup page you say:

Be an active affiliate account in the CJ Network, with valid email address
    Require access to updated product information
    Retrieve product files on a daily basis
    Have access to a static IP address or proprietary IP address range

1: My CJ datafeed bundle only updates weekly (which is fine with me because that's about how long it takes me to do my updates...

2: Is the static IP address requirement a leftover from LS or do you need such for some reason; CJ, in general, has not asked for one

Charles

Dear X-Man,

I am sorry you were mis-imformed. If you send me the email from CJ support, I will forward it to CJ management for resolution. There is no additional charge to receive the Buy.com datafeed through CJ if you already have access to their datafeeds.

Please forward the email to affiliates@buy.com.

Thank you!
    Melissa

Dear micheck

1: My CJ datafeed bundle only updates weekly (which is fine with me because that's about how long it takes me to do my updates...

*** You can request to have your datafeeds update daily via CJ. To do this, please email buy.com@cj.com and request to have your DF swiched to daily updates. This is important for the Buy.com datafeed because our pricing, inventory, shipping fees, can change daily.

2: Is the static IP address requirement a leftover from LS or do you need such for some reason; CJ, in general, has not asked for one

***If you are already a CJ datafeed user, you can disregard this requirement.

Thanks!
    Melissa

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hi Melissa,

Great meeting and talking to you in Vegas, glad to see you actively posting here on ABW....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

http and a telephoto
    You pay ONCE for access to all CJ feeds. There is *no* additiional fee to add a specific merchant. You were misinformed or misunderstood.

If you use datafeeds correctly the fee is WELL worth it.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

This is answer from cj support: "
    To receive the Buy.com feed (over 3GB of data), it is an additional $250. I've added Sony to your data feeds.

Moe
    "

Here you can see that I have active data feed because Moe add Sony data feed but want charge $250 for buy.com data feed! I don`t know why!!

Ok, I`ll now forward e-mail to you!

Thanks.

Hi X-man,

Thanks for forwarding me your email thread. As mentioned, this information is incorrect; there is no additional fee to add Buy.com to your existing product catalog account with CJ. I have forwarded your email to CJ's management team.

I will also process your request to receive our datafeed direct, I'll follow-up via email.

Thanks!
    Melissa

Sounds like a wee bit of confusion at CJ. I have daily datafeeds and joined Buy at the outset and the files just showed up in my datafeed (100 gazeegabytes or whatever it is).
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread