Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Hi All,

I just started offering coupons for the 1st time last month for Irvs Luggage Warehouse.
    The current coupons expire 6/30 so I have to come up with something new.

Also we just merged Executive Essentials (executive gifts & pens) into Irvs so I need to come up with coupons for them too.

The current coupons the marketing director gave me have not performed as well as I had hoped. Would you please review for me and suggest changes in wording or better offers we can use for our next set of coupons?

Buy 2 items get 10% off your purchase, buy 3 items get 15% off, buy 4 items get 20% off. Coupon Code: SAV125 exp. 6-30

Great deals on Duffel Bags for Summer Camp or Travel! $5 off duffels over $50.
    Coupon Code: DUF5 exp. 6-30

Great deals on Duffel Bags for Summer Camp or Travel! $10 off any duffel over $125 + FREE Shipping. Coupon Code: FRSHD50 exp. 6-30

Get $5 off any purchase over $50. Coupon Code: SAV550 exp. 6-30

Click here and save $10 on any purchase over $125 + get FREE Shipping.
    Coupon Code: SAV10100 exp. 6-30

Click Now and get $25 off any purchase over $275 + FREE Shipping.
    Coupon Code: SAV25275 exp. 6-30

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing 5 Star Affiliate Programs: DentalPlans|zZounds|Irv's Luggage|Roadloans

[This message was edited by AMconsulting on June 23, 2003 at 01:11 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I don't see anything wrong with those. You have a nice mix of $ off and % off and also $ off and free shipping. Not sure what the problem is but coupons look good. Have any for July

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

I don't see anything at all wrong with them either. I think they're great coupons.

Thanks Trust and Linda,

Trust, I need to come up with July's coupons this week to put in my Irvs newsletter and since we added the Executive Essentials program to Irvs I am a little limited on space.
    That's why I was asking for feedback.

I think the biggest problem is not the coupons, but the fact that many affiliates aren't reading the newsletter to even find out about them and therefore not many of our affiliates have even posted them.

If you guys think these are good (I wrote them so THANK YOU!) maybe I should just extend them through July and that way no one has to change their links. I expired the 2 duffel bags coupons cuz hardly anyone was using them.

I need to come up with a couple for EE. So which ones above look the best to you guys and I will add them for EE for July?

Representing 5 Star Affiliate Programs: DentalPlans|zZounds|Irv's Luggage|Roadloans

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AMconsulting:
    I need to come up with a couple for EE. So which ones above look the best to you guys and I will add them for EE for July?

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tough question. I like both $$ off and % off a specific amount so either or both are fine with me. And of course mentioning free shipping with any coupon is great. I know that I always look for free shipping when I buy online.

Glad to hear that EE will have coupons, too.

ABW Ambassador
    Get $5 off any purchase over $50. Coupon Code: SAV550 exp. 6-30
    Click here and save $10 on any purchase over $125 + get FREE Shipping.
    Coupon Code: SAV10100 exp. 6-30
    Click Now and get $25 off any purchase over $275 + FREE Shipping.
    Coupon Code: SAV25275 exp. 6-30

I like those. And just to make sure executive essentials creative is now available with the irvs luggage creative, and do i need to change out the links i have to executive essentials with the creative found along with the irvs creative?

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Thanks Trust!

Yes, I sent emails and posted here regarding EE. That program is closing on Tuesday (tomorrow), and moving in with Irvs. So you need to accept the new program terms for Irvs then you will be able to sell both product lines through Irvs. We raised the EE base commission to 8% to help make up for the transition issues.

If you did not get any of my emails with all the details (I have sent about 3) please PM me so I can get all the info to you or check your CJ mail box and also check for expiring and new offers in each program.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Linda

Coupons look fine to me, sometimes we have periods where $ does better than % and then visa versa, no rhymn or reason to it.

Yep I think you have it right when you say a lot of partners don't read the newsletters, this was explained to my in graphic detail by one partner who was signed up to over 100 Merchants...all of whom send at least 2 emails a month to her.... 250 Emails, all fighting for reading space

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    "Lets sell some rocks.....!!"

Mondera.com Partner Management
    90 Return Days : 100% Parasite Free : Fast Support : Commission on ALL Sales.

Visit the Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Yep I think you have it right when you say a lot of partners don't read the newsletters, this was explained to my in graphic detail by one partner who was signed up to over 100 Merchants...all of whom send at least 2 emails a month to her.... 250 Emails, all fighting for reading space <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Only 100? Plus the spam.. .. sometimes a newsletter is missed.

One personal tip to merchants is to clearly identify your FROM and SUBJECT, and DON'T make it sound spammy.

Something like
    Subject: Merchant.com June Newsletter - new merchant.com offers (or coupons)

Might be good....

When you send out an email like

Subject: JUNE DISCOUNT SAVINGS ON WIDGETS

I'm probably going to think its spam and not read it.

Not saying this is how your newsletters looks, just making a general statement.

----
    -JM

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread