Affiliate Manager
    If your customer is a fashionable female over the age of 30 with an income over 40K or buys gifts for one, this could be a great opportunity for you!

Barber Bros is one of the few online retailers authorized to sell Vera Bradley handbags and the only Linkshare Merchant to offer them. To help you sell we are offering free shipping on them! I have not seen anybody else with these online yet and they are our number one selling item behind flowers so they are sure to convert well if you get them in front of the right customers! They are a pre order with a ship date of the week of 7/14/2003 but you get your commission credited immediately.

If you have not see us, we are www.barberbros.com and you can join our program today and start right away. As a bonus we will be starting a 3 sale bounty for the months of July and August, record 3 sales and get $10. With Vera Bradley it should be easy!

Will this offer be renewed?

Currently I see

Thank you! You have reached the $50.00 minimum to receive free shipping! Please visit us prior to 6/30/2003 to take advantage of this offer again.

Thank You.

http://www.pricezilla.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The thing that grabs me when taking 15 minutes to look over the barber Brothers gifting site is their strict pricing policy. All items are presented at 100% of the full suggested retail price. Seems like the online shopper DEMANDS that common giftware lines, available at thousands of locally owned giftware, dept stores and floral shops, feature revolving markdown specials on all lines. Barber Brothers has no exclusive lines like nautical art by local artisens that entice a bookmark.

If I were them I'd set up a clearence center and also look for specialty items beyond cutsy high priced Martha Stewart purses and giftware. Women recognize Prada -Gucci -Fendi -Christian Dior as ecpensive designer handbags. They won't buy them online unless offered at 50% off list.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Good Point.

I asked some 20 something lady friends about Vera Who. They weren't at all familiar with it .

Now if it was LV or Dooney, even I'd know what that is.

http://www.pricezilla.com

Affiliate Manager
    All offers will be renewed this month. Also, Vera Bradley is a well known name for fashionable older women like over 30 or 40. We have one bricks and mortar retail store near Boston that sells almost $500,000 worht of them a year.

Affiliate Manager
    Mike & Charlie,

THanks for taking the time to check out our site. Any info from the perspective of an affiliate is valuable as you all know what sites convert sales best. I'd be interested in having a discussion with you in more detail.

We are generally not a discounter and typically do not have much product to "move" as we have a retail store which has lots of foot trafic. Many of our wholesalers, such as Vera Bradley for example will not allow us mark down prices on anything that is not discounted. That all being said, we are offering many consumer promotions online to try to convert sales. Just about anybody can get free shipping if they try for example. I am considering a "bargain bin" department but I'm not sure how I could keep it stalked right now.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Look into drop ship arrangements with those 8,000 gifting item suppliers for your web sales. You have to cater to the savvy web shoppers and in 5 years very few sales show up from my referred traffic to kitchenware/glassware/dinnerware merchants unless they are just adding to their collection of brand named place settings. Compulsive gift for the wife or mother demanding a specific set.

Martha Stewart and even Diningware.com sucked for conversions. Mix some real drop ship bargains in with your full priced items. Web shopppers are browsing your nicely laid isles while sipping 4.oo coffees on your patio.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks, I agree, drop shipping solves lots of issues from inventory, to fulfullment to price breaks...right now I'm a one man show actually for our site and that's on my list, a very loooong list. Great advice is appreciated, that was on the back burner but I am going to think about it.

apc

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread