Question Ethnic Grocer tries again???
    You've heard me ***** about EthnicGrocer.com before: how they went in and out of the CJ program and their links died for a month each time.

Just got an offer in the CJ interface. Not sure if they know I ditched them some time ago.

Sent an email asking why I should do anything for them now, based on their miserable history.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I kicked them to the curb too, Herb. CJ's food programs are pretty wretched.

I'd like to hear there is a new AM who means business, even though the orders have been rather small. I'd also like an apology.

Cool got an apology!!
    Seems there is a new AM that wants to pull them out of the hole. Sounds good, and I did get an apology regarding their past performance. Now they are trying to revive expired affiliates and will be offering new creatives and hopefully some better tools.

15 years and counting
    Same experience. Made a ton of sales but for small orders like they had an incentive to buy the cheapest products. (I've seen orders below $1.00) I kicked them out at their third deactivation from CJ. That's funny how these companies screwed up bad and then end up coming back for our business.

I got a surprising email response (via CJ mail) this week from their AM. What was surprising was that it was an answer to an email I sent over TWO YEARS AGO! I was so ticked that it took them so long to answer that I said I would not do business with a company that takes two years to reply to affiliates. Well, the new AM emailed me to say her company is now running the program. Sounds like she means business. Still, looking at an EPC below $1 for 7day and 3month tells me to wait until they are doing much better before I develop anything with them.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

15 years and counting
    Herb - got an apology!!
    Ask for a second one.
    I had a quick look at EthnicGrocer.com again. (I don't want to miss an opportunity!!!)

On their home page, at the bottom, why do they have that link to Real Estate Links saveonmls? It's a leak, but on top of that, are they in Real Estate or Ethnic Food...

Also, again on their home page, right column, specialty shops. All dead links!!!
    Spice Store
    Pasta Store
    Baking Shop
    Tea store
    Cookware store
    Seafood shop

Don't need to go further.

Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Ask for a second one.
    I had a quick look at EthnicGrocer.com again. (I don't want to miss an opportunity!!!)

On their home page, at the bottom, why do they have that link to Real Estate Links saveonmls? It's a leak, but on top of that, are they in Real Estate or Ethnic Food...

Also, again on their home page, right column, specialty shops. All dead links!!!
    Spice Store
    Pasta Store
    Baking Shop
    Tea store
    Cookware store
    Seafood shop

Don't need to go further.
    leaks exist to be complained about. occurrence limits, too.

I got the idea from my response that they were going to re-do the site.

I've already asked for a country-specific text link that never got made under the old regime. I've also asked for some page maker gizmo like Akiva's dPSC.

I'm putting up minimal linking for now. Good thing I could find old code on my pages in an archive site. Spent five minutes work putting them back in place, which is enough until they start looking better.

>>>Still, looking at an EPC below $1 for 7day and 3month tells me to wait until they are doing much better before I develop anything with them.<<<

I would expect numbers like that after most of the affiliates probably bailed out and the site was forced to go it on its own. Being down for a month at a time, twice, doesn't do the numbers any good, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    >>>Still, looking at an EPC below $1 for 7day and 3month tells me to wait until they are doing much better before I develop anything with them.<<<

I would expect numbers like that after most of the affiliates probably bailed out and the site was forced to go it on its own. Being down for a month at a time, twice, doesn't do the numbers any good, either.

As far at Ethnic Grocer goes, regarless of what previous AM's did (or did not do) for the merchant, it was the merchants responsibility to keep the program running and knowing what was going on. I won't promote Ethnic Grocer after their record as it shows poor top management to me. But if the new AM can pull this off, I will look seriously at other merchants they represent.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

>>>it was the merchants responsibility to keep the program running and knowing what was going on.<<<

For sure. But suppose after the initial setup the site management was done by a cousin, fresh off the boat . . .

Affiliate Manager
    Hello, I can understand your frustration with the Ethnic Grocer program; becoming deactivated twice and not answering emails does not win the hearts of affiliates! Ethnic Grocer is in the process of making some really great upgrades to their site and we just took over the management of their affiliate program. We will really hit high gear when the site upgrades are done and will have a re-launch of the program. In the meantime, I have responded to ALL emails, no matter how old, and am striving for same day turn around on new questions and applications. (So far so good.)

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me (address is in the CJ merchant description), and I hope you all will give EG another look when we re-launch.
    Thanks!

Jennifer

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread