I am writing to you today to notify you of significant, upcoming changes to the Brooks Brothers affiliate program that are likely to affect you.

As you may be aware, Brooks Brothers was purchased by Retail Brand Alliance (RBA). The RBA mission for Brooks Brothers: to recapture the spirit and passion of the Brooks Brothers image while creating a true 21st century successor to the original. In pursuit of this goal it was necessary to step back, examine each aspect of the business, and make some strategic changes.

The Brooks Brothers affiliate program was included in that process. The outcome is a clear mandate for a smaller, more brand-focused affiliate network. To meet this challenge, we have attempted to review each affiliate site's performance together with its message and content.

Many current affiliate sites that do not coincide with our new positioning will be removed by mid-July. Sites that will remain will reflect the same classic style, luxury, and tradition as Brooks Brothers. Examples might include financial services or high-end travel content sites. Sites that will be removed include, but are not limited to, coupon, bargain, and rebate-oriented sites.

We are grateful to all of our affiliates for the success of the program so far. Our original and broader goal had been to increase sales and reach new customers, and you have helped us to do that. For those sites that are removed, all commissions earned will be paid in July's checks. Even if you haven't reached the $25 threshold, we will pay the commission you've earned to date - with the exception of invalid activity.

If you have any questions, or if you receive a "remove' notification and feel that it is in error, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Wishing you all the best in your present and future endeavors.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    eh, and for those of you that are getting kicked out, if you're tired of selling sissy apparel anyways, and are ready to step up to manly TARPS, CLICK HERE. I won't kick you out just 'cause your socks don't match. Promise!

< end shameless plug >

-Tom Rice

"Nothing like a nice piece of hickory."
    -Preacher, Pale Rider

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    I just joined, will wait before committing to more pages now

BTW
    I like those manly tarps. Put some banners and info up where they should be but arent buying
    Any hints on getting some of them beer guzzling, red neck, truck drivers to actually buy some?

And my socks are matching today anyways

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    LOL ....do those Tarp jackets come in 58 XXXX and pin stripes? I'll increase exposure to Brooks Bros. as they have increased the number of cookie days to 14. Would be nice also if they created a half page DRM display like ColdwaterCreek or Barenecessities as those do convert if you mix in the special priced items.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ww- I'm gonna pm ya an idea or two. Maybe, tho, I should start up a new advertising campaign, complete with banners, "Tired of your wife buying sissy stuff online? Show her who's boss with a Truck Bed Cover! Buy Now!"

-or-

"He doesn't want a freakin' necktie for Xmas. He wants Camo Poly!"

Heh, I could be stepping across the invisible line, there.....lol.

-Preacher, Pale Rider

ecom- is that 34/35 sleeve or 33/34?

-Preacher, Pale Rider

Elbowcreek ...The Tarp Jackets in that size range come in 48" arm lengths only. Anyone that big probably is the missing link and their knuckles touch the ground while walking. Buy one and ask your tailor to shorten the sleaves. Now a good pair of Holdup Suspenders (shameless plug) www.suspenders.com goes real well with all Brooks Bros. outfits and evn come in 2" wide styles for that big man in the tarp Suit.

I see BB's site is sorely lacking, like all online men's wear merchants, in a nice line of suspenders. Holdup's database of 1900 fine men's shops selling thiers sure do well with the line.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hey, ecom, I'll make you a deal. You put up a page for tarps, and I will, once and for all, get a full page up just for suspenders.

-Preacher, Pale Rider

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Tired of your wife buying sissy stuff online? Show her who's boss with a Truck Bed Cover! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    LOL - How a banner for camping....
    Got a leaky tent? These tarps are good for keeping you dry, makeshift table clothes, keeping your gear dry and wrapping over the Mrs when she complains about not having a hair dryer!

Elbowcreek you have a deal. I forgot what network your on or if your an indy. You know how to reach me ... Mike@

Mike & Charlie ...

Along with all the other changes being made, I hope Brooks Brothers improves its customer service. A friend purchased quite a few items from your web site, including a couple of shirts that were on sale.

One shirt had a suspiciously low price, but that is what went through at check out. When he received his statement, the price had increased considerably. When he called to inquire, a Brooks Brothers customer service rep told him that the price on the site was wrong, and he should have known better, that Brooks Brothers would never sell a shirt for that price!

When the issue was pressed, including the ethics of raising the price without first notifying the customer, the rep basically told him that was just too bad, he should have known better, and he could return the shirt if he wanted.

Needless to say, the order was returned, and this person hasn't set foot in a Brooks Brothers store since, nor have they shopped online. Bottom line: you lost a customer who spent $5,000-7,000 a YEAR at Brooks Brothers because of lousy service!

Andy

- - - - -
    5,000-7,000 a YEAR at Brooks Brothers because of lousy service!
    - - - - -

Jeeeze, I wish I had customers that spent that much. From time to time I will screw up an order, but I go out of my way to favor the customer. Keeping them happy is not just a good sales approach, it keeps people from posting horror stories about you on the web that never get removed.

-Preacher, Pale Rider

ABW Ambassador
    "chargeback"

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread