Dell Home Update Problems?
    Is anyone else having problems with the Dell Home affiliate program updating sales? In the last few weeks my sales have fallen off 90% with the Dell updates later and later each day. Sometimes they don't show up for 3 days. I also have many missing sales that are not reporting and I have to fill out the form for each one.

Quote Originally Posted by scottfromco
    Is anyone else having problems with the Dell Home affiliate program updating sales? In the last few weeks my sales have fallen off 90% with the Dell updates later and later each day. Sometimes they don't show up for 3 days. I also have many missing sales that are not reporting and I have to fill out the form for each one.
    I'm sorry for my question because it is not related to your request. Are you use Dell coupons? I want to try use it but I don't know how the link should looks? In coupons from newsletter I see only text without any URL. What url I shoud use for Dell coupons links?

Thanks

Generally, I just use the general Dell logo links. The only time I do something different is if Dell issues a coupon that is specific to a particular set of systems. They usually provide the page where those systems can be found. When they do that, I create an individaul link to that page (under "Available Link Types" -> "Individual Product" ->"Click here if you are and advanced user...").

Typically, Dell doesn't issue links for all of the coupons they put out, but in some cases (the recent $750 off offer) they do.

Hope this helps...

Oh, and in response to the original post - my conversions with Dell have gone done a lot recently. I'm not quite sure what is happening...

Quote Originally Posted by jmschmitt
    Generally, I just use the general Dell logo links. The only time I do something different is if Dell issues a coupon that is specific to a particular set of systems. They usually provide the page where those systems can be found. When they do that, I create an individaul link to that page (under "Available Link Types" -> "Individual Product" ->"Click here if you are and advanced user...").

Typically, Dell doesn't issue links for all of the coupons they put out, but in some cases (the recent $750 off offer) they do.

Hope this helps...

Oh, and in response to the original post - my conversions with Dell have gone done a lot recently. I'm not quite sure what is happening...

Hmmm, how I can use this coupone code for example?
    --------------------
    Limited time offer beginning 6/22/05 8:00am CST through 6/28/05 5:59am CST or after 500 redemptions (whichever occurs first) ONLINE ONLY:
    Save 25% on the Dell 2405FPW Flat Panel Monitor 320-4221 (before tax and shipping) purchased from Dell Home: Coupon Code: 4K32?8XWMKS6CH
    May not be combinable with select other promotions. Only one coupon may be applied per cart at checkout. Offers subject to change. This offer is not available with Electronics & Accessories items purchased with a system. Coupon code expires after first 500 uses, or earlier if offer is terminated earlier. Offer subject to change. View Details in 'My Cart'. Enter coupon code at checkout to receive this offer.
    --------------------

Thanks.

To use that coupon code, go to the individual product links section as outlined previously. In another browser, open up the Dell Home page and navigate to that particular monitor. Copy and paste the URL for that page into the link textbox on the Linkshare page. Then create a name for the link (and there is even an option for the image to be associated with this link). Click the button and it will generate a product specific link for you which you can use on your site. When visitors click on the link, it will take them to the URL that you specified in creating the link. Obviously, you'll need to provide the user with the coupon code in some manner since the link won't do that.

Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by jmschmitt
    To use that coupon code, go to the individual product links section as outlined previously. In another browser, open up the Dell Home page and navigate to that particular monitor. Copy and paste the URL for that page into the link textbox on the Linkshare page. Then create a name for the link (and there is even an option for the image to be associated with this link). Click the button and it will generate a product specific link for you which you can use on your site. When visitors click on the link, it will take them to the URL that you specified in creating the link. Obviously, you'll need to provide the user with the coupon code in some manner since the link won't do that.

Hope this helps...
    I understand but what some manner do you mean?

ABW Ambassador
    You can just put it on your site in text, like:

Save 25% on the Dell 2405FPW Flat Panel Monitor 320-4221 (before tax and shipping) purchased from Dell Home. Use Coupon Code: 4K32?8XWMKS6CH, expires 6/28.

I just link to the home and let them find it on their own, i know not the best way but getting product links are a pain to me. Some merchants have it where you can just search and copy and paste which is easy. And then some have it where you have to open up another browser, copy and paste this and that, what a pain. Sometimes i think they have the links in the newsletter where you can just copy and paste, just make sure it's your affiliate id showing.

They also have dynamic coupon text links that update on their own. Set it and forget it, i love those.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    You can just put it on your site in text, like:

Save 25% on the Dell 2405FPW Flat Panel Monitor 320-4221 (before tax and shipping) purchased from Dell Home. Use Coupon Code: 4K32?8XWMKS6CH, expires 6/28.

I just link to the home and let them find it on their own, i know not the best way but getting product links are a pain to me. Some merchants have it where you can just search and copy and paste which is easy. And then some have it where you have to open up another browser, copy and paste this and that, what a pain. Sometimes i think they have the links in the newsletter where you can just copy and paste, just make sure it's your affiliate id showing.

They also have dynamic coupon text links that update on their own. Set it and forget it, i love those.

Thanks for the advices

hey what form do you fill out for missing sales? I have just become aware of a missing sale

I just got this email from DELL
    Dear Michael,

Thank you for your email!

We've been experiencing delays with our LS transaction files from Dell which is causing some reporting discrepancies. We're working diligently to get this resolved as soon as possible. Once resolved, all commissionable payments should reappear into your reporting.

Linet Marie Holder
    Affiliate Support Consultant

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread