Is there a PPC guide out there
    I was wanding if anyone here has read any good "how to PPC" info products. Years ago I read googlecash, tried it, had some success, but it was very limited. I have some cash to experiment with and I want to give it another try, but I am looking for a more recent guide to help me get started.

Thanks,
    dak

ABW Ambassador
    What info are you looking to find? Basically all you do is get a set of very targetted keywords and send them to a very relevant page. And then watch to see if it makes money.

I guess I just feel there may be more a science to it than that. I have not been very successful in the past, I ran my campaigns to the best of my ability and know how. I felt like I was literaly bleeding money to either break even or for a very minimal gain, not worth the time I put into it. I am interested in Bidding stratigies, keyword stratigies, the best practives in developing campaigns. I will keep at it but it would be great to find an info product to give me a head start.

dak

ABW Ambassador
    Here's one thing i do as far as keywords. Merchants have feeds so affiliates can make pages, usually with a page being all about the product. Take that product and use it as a keyword. If a merchant happens to have a coupon or promotion available for affiliate use, use that too. I would say a product with a promotion is the highest converting traffic you can send to a merchant. It's targetted because the person got to your page by looking for that exact product and you also have a little something for them to save money. It works for me. That's just one way.

Bidding is an experiment. There was one merchant i was bidding X amount. I got sales, but overall was losing money. I lowered the bid. Now i send less traffic per day to the merchant but i still send traffic except this time i make money. I've never tried any of those ebooks or programs so i can't say if they're any good or not. You've posted you had some success, so that's good. I just keep on experimenting. Kind of like fishing, just keep casting, try different bait and every now and then you'll get a bite I've tried some PPC campaigns that i thought would work and nothing. Some i've tried that i thought not much would come out of it and some of them are working great. It's definitely something you need to keep an eye on.

Trust, thank you for the advice. Sounds like you developed a sound strategy for youself. Hope to have one for myself one day. Maybe you should develope a guide and market it Maybe it is not your piece of pie but it is a thought....

I do ok with SEO as far as traffic, but I am tired of stressing about SE changes. I figure if I can get good at getting PPC to profitably convert I can ellivate some of that stress.

Thanks,
    Dak

Trust,

How do you track the clicks you recieve from PPC vrs SEO when you are promoting a merchant with both methods? Also, do you find it more effective to send the customer directly to the merchant from the PPC ad, or take them to a page on your site that leads to the merchant?

dak

ABW Ambassador
    I've always sent them to the page first. As far as tracking i'm very limited in my technical ability so I use something like CJ's SID and have pages just for PPC.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, i forgot to mention this, what a lot of people already know. Dynamic Titles/Headlines. Not sure if you're doing this already.

Put this into your Headline box at Google {KeyWord:Your Normal Title/Headline}

So when someone does a search for one of your keywords in your list, that keyword will show in the Title. Something very simple that will increase your click thru rate. If your keywords are too long then what you put after the : above will show.

dak,

there is an Adwords forum at WebmasterWorld which I found quite educating:

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum81/

Also, if you log into your adwords account you may want to read thru the "Tools" section for some good tips

Frank

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread