Pay for link on site with great pagerank
    Hi. I have a freebie site that is now up and going! I am looking for a site that will place a text link at the top of the fold of the front page back to my site. I am willing to pay. I want about three months worth. Does anyone have a suggestion on how I do this? I want to do this with another freebie site with good pagerank. I have tried all the typical email thing, "hi, I would like exchange links with you" stuff, and have got know response. I searched Google, MSN, and Yahoo for other freebie sites. The site owners who get a lot of traffic insist that other site owners place their links on the front page. I did this, and have yet to get a reply in the last three days. Some of their emails come back as "non-deliverable". I am thinking the only way is to hit up my buds here, at ABW, and see what comes up. HELP!

Thanks in advance for any help.

ABW Ambassador
    You might not have gotten a response back and "non-deliverable" because freebie sites hit their peak years ago. I wouldn't even think of starting one today. Do the sites you emailed still update their sites?

yep, well I'm going for it
    I have a great domain name that is brandable. I have not had my siteindexed in the major search engines yet, and I am receiving visitors along with conversions ($$$). I use to have a coupon related site that did well. I am optimistic about this site, and won't give up. I would like to find a quality site, with great pagerank that would place my link on their site. Like I said, I'll pay for the placement. shoot, I figured the vultures would be swarming an opportunity as this. Money. MONEY. MONEY! I thought this was abestweb? I thought folks here wanted to make money???? come on people. I am practically putting the cash in your hand. Reverse spam? catchy term? I'm just begging to be solicited, huh?

ABW Ambassador
    $10,000

hmmm... let me think about it...ok
    10 grand, huh? is that all? I guess I get an over nighter with yer sister for that price, too? lol

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I would like to find a quality site, with great pagerank that would place my link on their site. Like I said, I'll pay for the placement. shoot, I figured the vultures would be swarming an opportunity as this. Money. MONEY. MONEY! I thought this was abestweb? I thought folks here wanted to make money????
    We do, but you also said you wanted the link to be from another freebie site! That narrows the pool of potential takers considerably...

Plus, there's a whole bunch of people who still do that archaic activity..."sleeping at night..."
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

does it matter?
    if it is a freebie site that I make this deal with. I was just trying to keep with a similar theme. However, if a site has great pagerank does it matter? Maybe I am severely limiting myself... hey, that's the reason I am trying to pick some brains here. thanks for the replies.

Well, I do not have a freebie site (is this a site where everything is free?). But I think it might have a good page ranking - it is #1 on Google, Yahoo and most of the others in it's category and has been for over 2 years now.

How much would you pay for this if you liked the site? I'm not sure what the going rate is on something like that.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    We talking like a 6 or 7 page rank?

If so....for 90 days....think of all the google updates and the difference it will make.....

10 grand is cheap

I would charge closer to 25k but you'd be self sufficient after 90 days

lurk
    I suggest you try http://www.textlinkbrokers.com/ or http://www.text-link-ads.com.

10 Grand IS NOT cheap btw...

You can find websites with PR 9 for $2500/month.

If you are ready to drop a lot of cash, make sure the link you buy is RELATIVE to your website!

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by katlupe
    Well, I do not have a freebie site (is this a site where everything is free?). But I think it might have a good page ranking - it is #1 on Google, Yahoo and most of the others in it's category and has been for over 2 years now.

How much would you pay for this if you liked the site? I'm not sure what the going rate is on something like that.

What's your domain? You can either install the google toolbar or type you domain into http://www.pagerank.net/pagerank-checker/ to check your Google page rank.

Thanks!

10 grand is NOT cheap. Even the guy at fat wallet is not trying to charge that much for his "package deal"

what kind of site do you have ??.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

lurk
    I believe it was a freebie site.

ABW Ambassador
    LOL, i was only joking about the 10 grand. I just couldn't imagine anybody paying anything for a link to a freebie site.

yes, a freebie site
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    what kind of site do you have ??.
    A cool freebie site, complete with a Bargain Board (message board). I also have a domain that is easy to remember, and increasingly popular. My site is not indexed in the search engines yet, and I am receiving traffic from type ins, and conversions ($$$) as well. I would like to brand my domain name - get it out there, and viewed. I would also like to place a text link on the front page of a site with a great PageRank.

Ok. I went to Google and checked the page rank. But I couldn't find anything that explains what the numbers mean. It was 3/10 and I have looked all over. Is there a place to find this out?

You say you would charge $25K for him to put a link on your site. So your ranking would be very high for that kind of fee? And after 3 months, his site would pay? Is that what you mean? Sorry for the questions-I'm just trying to learn here from this board.

I cant help.
    i have a merchant site and the affiliates would not be to happy
    if i started putting leaks on it.
    ==============================================

Trust and Co ,are pulling your chain.
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by katlupe
    Ok. I went to Google and checked the page rank. But I couldn't find anything that explains what the numbers mean. It was 3/10 and I have looked all over. Is there a place to find this out?

You say you would charge $25K for him to put a link on your site. So your ranking would be very high for that kind of fee? And after 3 months, his site would pay? Is that what you mean? Sorry for the questions-I'm just trying to learn here from this board.
    Generally a 3/10 isn't too great. Not to say you can't increase that. I suggest you steadily build up your back links. Trade links with sites that are relative to yours, if their site has a higher PR, it will have more impact on your PR than if theirs had a low PR.

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker Jones
    A cool freebie site, complete with a Bargain Board (message board). I also have a domain that is easy to remember, and increasingly popular. My site is not indexed in the search engines yet, and I am receiving traffic from type ins, and conversions ($$$) as well. I would like to brand my domain name - get it out there, and viewed. I would also like to place a text link on the front page of a site with a great PageRank.

If your site is not indexed and is new I suggest you hold off on buying just one link off a website. If you only have one link coming in from a PR 8 site... it wont have a dramatic affect on your PR.

Go find some sites to trade links with for free, sites much like your own. You can start by getting an account at places like www.linkmarket.net (a directory of websites in which you can trade links with). Once you have established a steady amount of back links you will recieve a descent PR (as long as you dont add 1000 links per day and look like a huge link farm to google) you can then decide if it is worth the money to purchase links off other websites.

Personally I think it would be a pricey mistake to through down a couple grand for just one link when your website is as new at is it. Remember, just because the first time Google gives you a PR of 3 or 4 or 5, it doesnt mean you can not improve it. PR is meant to be a long term process, otherwise everyone would have a PR of 9 and 10, Google frowns upon people who have link farms or have a network of sites that all link to each other, etc.

So start with the free link trades (there are plenty of willing webmaters, trust me). Steadily add relative links and content to your site and that will do well from the start.

As I understand, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod805
    So start with the free link trades (there are plenty of willing webmaters, trust me). Steadily add relative links and content to your site and that will do well from the start.
    the free for all link sites, and free link trades are traps. I thought search engines, especially Google, penalizes sites in link farms?

jrod805 - I really appreciate your input. I will follow the links you have posted and see what's up. thanks.

ABW Ambassador
    You won't get penalized for recip link exchanges (unless you link to "bad neighborhoods"), which is different from FFAs. As far as buying links, I would be careful. One site in my sector did a lot of that and Google dropped them from a PR7 to a PR0. Now you might not like the updates and they don't always get it right but the SE's are not stupid. They know people buy and sell PR/links and are aware of those sites. It seems this is a site you really care about and want to build up, so don't do anything stupid and get penalized. Have a little patience with it and grow it steady.

Well said
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    You won't get penalized for recip link exchanges (unless you link to "bad neighborhoods"), which is different from FFAs. As far as buying links, I would be careful. One site in my sector did a lot of that and Google dropped them from a PR7 to a PR0. Now you might not like the updates and they don't always get it right but the SE's are not stupid. They know people buy and sell PR/links and are aware of those sites. It seems this is a site you really care about and want to build up, so don't do anything stupid and get penalized. Have a little patience with it and grow it steady.
    I have always thought you gave sound advice on that kind of stuff. The scary thing is one can not be too careful, 'cause it only takes one stupid mistake to get your site whacked (penalized). Thanks for the reply.
    Last edited by Lurker Jones; June 23rd, 2005 at 03:38 PM. Reason: additional remark

lurk
    Yes what Trust said... I wasn't referring to FFA sites, I would never put a link on those sites, hand down.

I fully support Trust's advice as well.

One fundamental question remains, though: why are you so eager to get a high page rank? It has been shown over and over again, and discussed at length at this board, that PR and SE ranking are not necessarily going hand in hand. A high PR doesn't mean Google loves your site and puts it on top of everybody else. Just try a few search keywords in your area and look at the PRs of the top 10 sites. You will see that there is no real correlation of PR and position. Try some rare words as well, there is a good chance that a low ranking site appears on top.

Rather than wasting $$ on chasing up your PR get your site into Googles (and other SEs as well) view by i.e. building a sitemap as in
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=59069

If you want branding consider some ppc advertising in Googles content (not search!) network for not more than 3-5ct a pop. This usually give you 'lookers' but not 'buyers', yet may be suitable for your branding purpose.

Frank

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread