ABW Ambassador
    JCPenney makes me dizzey
    what's wrong with the guys at JCPenney?

they keep on changing their category urls even though the navigation is still the same.

their affiliate program cannot even keep up with the changes. most of the text links now go to the front page because the intended landing urls are gone.

and even if you make your own custom link to the categories, they become useless the next week.

ABW Ambassador
    i think the stupid programmers at walmart just got hired by jcpenney.

if we had to redo all our links over and over again almost every week, then we can't expand anymore from just a few links.

I hear that their affiliate program is "closed" in the sense that they do not accept any new affiliates! Is this true? and if so what's the point? I don't get it.

ABW Ambassador
    it appears that way. why? i don't get it too. all i know is that there are AMs that are doing all the right things and AMs that are doing all the wrong things (the same goes to the merchant management) and AMs that are just trying to get something good out of their situation.

though i pity the jcpenney AM right now. i'm sure, he also has his hands full trying to keep up with all the changes.

ABW Ambassador
    my website is now full of jcpenney links that when clicked goes to

"We are sorry, but no products matched your filter criteria.
    Please choose again."

damn! i checked the categories i linked to and they're still there. these damn stupid people just kept changing the urls.

stupid stupid stupid

paul low, the new AM since a few months now,
    is very difficult / impossible to deal with.
    better keep a low profile for the time being,
    if you convert - (we do),
    hoping he will . . . . . . . . . . . . (fill spaces as desired) . . .

heisje

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Some AM's just don't get the big picture due to a narrow mindset. Many branded merchants assume their name is an automatic magnet for automatically attracting online sales (and offline store sales) and therefore seek only mass eyeball exposure. If an e-mailer, BHO, or rogue CPA network can provide mass traffic then the smaller real value add affiliate gets marginalized in the AM's mindset. Instore sales verses online sales is the goal of a brand advertising campaigns. They have a lovely site with great sales and seasonal displays. The problem for domain bound JC Penny affiliates is the mass eyeball affiliates and their SEO/SEM efforts blind them to the combined value-add reach of better targeting/focusing the domain bound affiliate offers to expose department within their huge e-catalog.

The day Pennys offers sales focusing displays for those smaler affiliates will be the day they discover Akiva's PSC or an application like GoldenCan. Till then let the couponers and double dipping BHO's and mass e-mailers have at adding extra costs to every affiliate generated sale.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    I hear that their affiliate program is "closed" in the sense that they do not accept any new affiliates! Is this true? and if so what's the point? I don't get it.
    I thought the JC Penney affiliate program is a closed one. Invite only no?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread