2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Smile Greetings from Cedar Point Ohio
    Well the DSL connection works at this fancy Bread & Breakfast Inn. The Grandkids enjoyed The Henry Ford Greenfield Museum & village and now have a few days of amusement park rides and wolfing down junk food. My brother & girlfriend rode us down here on his 34 ft Cherokee "go fast boat" with a stopover in sin city Putin Bay. The kids were yelling "go faster" (boat does a true smooth 86mph on choppy water) at 2 premium gallons per mile...LOL. At least we could drink beer, mixed drinks and pop while cruising at 45 mph.

All are hoping I win the Golden Click Award tonite in NYC. The crowd there sure aren't wearing shorts and getting sun burned. I penned a short page (by my standards) of inspirational advice to the ABW community....

"What you can do to insure your own success.....
    There is something almost primeval about getting recognition of the importance of doing one's job with excellence. Doing something extraordinarily well is more than just a matter of pride. It essentially defines us and our passion for projects. We are all inherently social creatures, and our sense of self worth, is caught up in, and expresses itself through, our role, our specialization within our community. Even in the earliest tribal cultures individuals recognized other individuals' strengths, experiences and talents, and this recognition refined and defined each individual's role, and importance, in the community. These natural skills, these differences, established one's position, one's membership, in their community.

Doing what comes naturally, what we enjoy doing, and what we do well, is essential to our self-esteem, so it is not surprising that it defines our "mastery" over the need to build on personal competence -- as one of the four "Circles of Success" that gives each of us heart, self-confidence, and the spirit to succeed. What is it that determines this special role we all seek, whether it be building web sites, running, painting, cooking, writing or giving care to others? It is, I think, a product of these four things:

Leverage our natural talents -- things we inherently find easy to do well.

Focus our learnings and experience -- which come from study, but more importantly from practicing in a real life environment.

Unleash our passion -- the desire and focus and dedication to excel at doing this one thing to generate influence on a willing audience.

Define our audience -- the degree to which our work role is needed, appreciated, respected and DESIRED by our intended audience.

more at www.ecomcity.com/visions.htm
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Sandusky Ohio.. man I haven't been there in a few years (almost 10).
    I remember riding the Raptor the 1st year it was out, I waited almost 2 hours to ride, it was SOOO much fun, after it was over, I got back in line..... the good ole' days.

Cool front row
    I recomend the front row of the Millenium. When you reach the apex, lean forward and look down. It's a strange experience when you can't see any tracks under your car.
    enjoy and good luck,
    Terrie
    Moonbeam Mega Mall

Mike you're old enough to remember Cedar Point's "Blue Streak!" When I was a kid, it was the only roller-coaster there (sad, I know).

As you remember, I'm from S/E Mich. too., and my favorite memories are from trips to Greenfield Village, and Cedar Point (Although not geographically near). Then you had to mention Putin Bay (I'm an old sailor). Sheeesh Mike, I'm actually jealous...

Have fun, and good luck.

Fred

Leverage our natural talents -- things we inherently find easy to do well.

That's one of the most profound things I've seen here. Too much shouting:

"This is what I do" - "Do it or be stupid" - type posts.

I love boats that sit on their arse and go at silly speeds, last time I was on one it was on the Barrier Reef going to a dive site round a "Bommie", lunch on fresh shrimp at 40 knots. Thinking about going back this year, maybe I need to move near the sea.

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah gotta say you got me jealous as well mike.

I missed our regular family trip to cedar point this year, no scaring my nephews or daring the youngest niece to ride bigger rides. And no fries or fudge. Argh...

The blue streak is still around - a coaster I can fit into. All these new ones with shoulder harnesses kill my 6'3" frame so I am sloped down and my back takes a beating.

Chet

ABW Ambassador

Professor EcomCity,

An excellent post. Same type of stuff I used to read in my Industrial Psychology courses I took at the University of Texas at El Paso.

Thanks for reminding me about Ohio. The summer of 1969 that I spent there was wonderful, weatherwise.

Thanks, Professor!!

Best,
    RadarCat

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomcat
    I recomend the front row of the Millenium. When you reach the apex, lean forward and look down. It's a strange experience when you can't see any tracks under your car.
    enjoy and good luck,
    I refused to go on that one... way too scarry! The Grandkids were teasing me to go on all the "Barf Rides". The Value-Add intersections of the circles of success are the sweet spot of affiliate marketing.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread