Affiliate Manager
    This post is not really about coupons although we always offer free shipping, free gift wrapping and 10% promotions. What I want to ask is how best to activate affiliates? We have about 1500 affiliates with about 12% active. I have tried a $10 bounty for registering 3 sales before August 30 but no real response, the people who are getting it would have recorded the sales anyhow. So what types of things would motivate you to put a new merchent up? I always send newsletters with link code embedded so there is little work to do.

Thanks!

Retired Member
    I am a merchant for Netvalve, but before that I was an affiliate with a coupon site. www.moresites.com

My biggest complaint was coupons and sales with short durations. Some merchants will send out a bunch of new coupons every week that expire in a week. That's a lot of data entry for one merchant.

The best merchants have coupons and sales that automatically update themselves. Then I can list them once and always know they are up to date.

Coupons with fairly long expiration dates (2 to 6 months). This reduces my workload.

Some merchants send out coupons with NO expiration date. But the coupons DO expire. Always include the expiration date with the coupon if it is meant to expire.

The bottom line is that keeping a coupon site up and running is a lot of work. Keep in mind that anything you do to save the affiliate time and make his job easier is appreciated.

Look at the affiliates sites and send him a personalized email with your suggestions on how he might get some better conversions on your product. Very few merchants do this.

A lot of affiliates depend on search engine traffic. It is obviously the most cost-effective. A contest for the most sales this month is hard to wrap your mind around because it takes at least 2-3 months before the search engines start sending any decent traffic and up to six months to start getting the higher rankings required for a real online business. Unless you want the affiliates to pay-for-clicks which is not usually cost-effective from an affiliates point-of-view.

Retired Member

Affiliate Manager
    Our coupons are going to last until we are making so much money we can afford to be greedy!

Join our program today: http://www.linkshare.com/joinprograms?oid=51625

Retired Member
    I was trying to be generic about my wish list for coupon merchants.

Barber Bros does a excellent job with coupons.

Retired Member

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread