Question Affiliate Marketing Directory:
    I am thinking about creating an affiliate directory where affiliates can advertise their merchants.

The system works like this:

• Affiliates: Pay a small yearly fee (perhaps $25.00 a year, first 100 affiliates free)
    • Affiliate is able to publish unlimited merchant, coupons and/or deals in our directory
    • Each affiliate will get the same exposure as each affiliate listing located in our directory will be rotated per each unique visitor
    • Each affiliate has complete reporting tools including impressions, clicks, user ip address and others

This is the basic idea of the system would any affiliates be interested in this type of application?

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by netnow22
    I am thinking about creating an affiliate directory where affiliates can advertise their merchants.

The system works like this:

• Affiliates: Pay a small yearly fee (perhaps $25.00 a year, first 100 affiliates free)
    • Affiliate is able to publish unlimited merchant, coupons and/or deals in our directory
    • Each affiliate will get the same exposure as each affiliate listing located in our directory will be rotated per each unique visitor
    • Each affiliate has complete reporting tools including impressions, clicks, user ip address and others

This is the basic idea of the system would any affiliates be interested in this type of application?
    well, at least you don't want to take 25% of the hits.

Internet Cowboy
    How would you drive traffic to it?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    How would you drive traffic to it?
    I already have great placement with my other related sites, I would simply link my other sites to this one for the se'bots. In addition I plan on purchasing keywords from overture and google, respectively.

lurk
    If you are allowed to post as many deals as you want, don't you think it will be quickly saturated? Making it not a very viable opportunity.

In my opinion, you would need a large amount of traffic to supplement all the offers each affiliate posts.

No.

ABW Ambassador
    So i as an affiliate would pay you $25 to put merchants/deals/whatever that i already have on my site, on yours? That doesn't make any sense.

??

Well, I sure wouldn't list any of my nice indies there but I sure would like a nice central place where I could see everyone else's profitable indies and which network merchants they feel are worth paying to advertise.

Other than that, I don't get it.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    So i as an affiliate would pay you $25 to put merchants/deals/whatever that i already have on my site, on yours? That doesn't make any sense.
    Well it would be a new avenue for you to expand your audience, however on the other hand, it may be too much for the affiliate to have to update thier site and my site. And plus the affiliates that dont upfate thier deals it would look bad for my site.

On the other hand What if I created a scenario were the affiliates place my coupons on thier site and in return the affiliates gets at least 5 cents a click. For an example like "google adwords"

Do any affiliates see anthing wrong with that?

I have given several ideas a lot of thought when it comes to this type of thing...
    Affiliate only search engine and other stuff...

But affiliates "myself included" usually don't like to share any of their urls even if it means a link and or an opportunity.. especially to another affiliate..
    For the reasons mentioned by SSANF..

Site Copiers
    and
    Programs that are not that well known that affiliates DON'T Want KNOWN and so on...

Paranoid.. but rightfully so..

ABW Ambassador
    "On the other hand What if I created a scenario were the affiliates place my coupons on thier site and in return the affiliates gets at least 5 cents a click."

Because they can put their own coupons on their own site and make a lot more money. The only time i would have something of mine on somebody elses site would be for advertising purposes.

Because they can put their own coupons on their own site and make a lot more money. The only time i would have something of mine on somebody elses site would be for advertising purposes.[/QUOTE]

In this case the merchants you would pe posting on your site. (my ppc coupons) are the merchants that dont' have any affiliate programs set up. I recieve no commission from the coupon links that you display (nor do you). I simply charge the merchant 10 cents a click. 5 cents goes to me and the other 5 cents goes to you.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't think i'm quite following. Why wouldn't i just put the merchant my own site and keep the whole dime. Or why wouldn't the merchant just use PPC on their own and send the traffic directly to their site.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread