Article Submission Services
    Hi Everyone,

To try to get more traffic I started submitting articles about my site to websites that accept them. The article topic is health/fitness.

It is a tedious and lengthy task to do them one-by-one.

My question is : Are the submission services worth it? Do they really do what they advertise? Are there any that are better than others? Anything else I should know?

Thanks!

mopek

can you mention a few such submission services?

heisje

Ok...

How about....

http://www.articlesthatsell.com/article_services.htm $400 to 16,000 Sites and Ezines
    or

http://www.submityourarticle.com/ $37/month to submit to $10,000 hoping you will be accepted.

mopek: Have you tried any of them? Or it's just your guess that they should be good?

ABW Ambassador
    You should consider a user-driven news site such as Digg.

Digg = free. If you have great content, it will get pushed to the top, bloggers will comment on it, driving even more traffic.

Takes only a single discarded cigarette to start a forest fire.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

weisinator is right! Why stick your articles on other people's sites? Why not have them read YOUR article on YOUR site?

Submitting to sites like digg, reddit, newsvine, stumbleupon, and others is a quick process, its free, and the traffic goes to your site!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    I've gotten quite a few hits from Reddit from the two pieces of content I've posted.

Digg has a high content turnover, I got a handful of hits.

I also think I posted my Digg entry in the wrong category. (Home theater how-to in the entertainment->movies section, should have done tech->hardware.)
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

Right about the category...good to hear you're having some success!
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Quote Originally Posted by MINDsprinter
    Submitting to sites like digg, reddit, newsvine, stumbleupon, and others is a quick process, its free, and the traffic goes to your site!
    Jason, you give excellent advice
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    "weisinator is right! Why stick your articles on other people's sites? Why not have them read YOUR article on YOUR site?"

Most people that do this don't know how to make their own sites.

Most people that do this don't know how to make their own sites.
    Then what's the point of article submission? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the whole point of article submissions was to write syndicatable articles. Whent the articles were republished they would include a bio and backlink to the author's site, thus driving traffic and improving SEO. I don't think this kind of marketing works well, but that's the theory. If you don't have your own site...what's the point?
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't now much about it until I checked out a forum where a couple of members were spamming this one. The way it works is there are some article sites that have great Google rankings. So if you write an article on a subject with not much competition, it's very easy to get that article on page 1 Google thru the article site. Some of these sites let you have affiliate links in the article itself. I find it tends to be more on the newbiesh type that does it, people just starting out, people who don't know how to make sites yet. That's just one way. Now some have sites and in the article there is a link back to their site, that's another way.

Very interesting, I wasn't aware affiliate links were allowed, or that they could withstand the rigors of syndication, but hey, seems like a decent idea if you can write well.
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

Talking Some Article Submission Sites Are Worth it
    I have used some article submission sites. We have some great content for our website deals with the green card lottery. I have seen traffic come from the article sites that I have submitted the articles to.

I think it may depend on the type of information it is. I did this for our financial website and I did not see much traffic.

But I did see an increase in backlinks, I saw that people were using our stories for thier own wesbites and sitting ours as the source. To me it was a nice way to get our link and information on someone else's site.
    [CENTER]Laura Daniels
    [URL=http://www.estreetloans.com]Estreetloans.com[/URL]
    lauraddirectnet@yahoo.com
    203-393-3067[/CENTER]

MINDsprinter is right, submitting to social media sites is better. I've found an excellent article on social media sites and how they can be useful:Social Media Marketing Tactics

However this method is believed to be not very good for some niches; here is some personal experience about that .

As for article submission, this is a completely different, much older method. I do not think that service is necessary at all. There is no need to submit your article to a plenty of directories. Just do it with major players:

http://www.goarticles.com/
    http://ezinearticles.com/
    http://www.constant-content.com/
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/
    http://www.contentmart.com/

That would be enough for your article to be found and linked to (if it is worth it). So I don't think spending money on services is a way to go. It is much better to pay the same amount for a press release which will drive plenty of traffic and back links.

Two services I found were good for article submission are isnare.com and articlemarketer.com.

Cheers

Chad Cook

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread