Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    RSI and GoldenCan - $25.00 Bonus
    Hello team,

RSI has partnered with GoldenCAN and we are offering a $25.00 bonus for affiliates that take advantage of the opportunity.

The GoldenCAN Store Integration™ program enables ReStockIt.com affiliates to display the entire data feed or selected restaurant, janitorial and office supplies categories with only one line of simple HTML code. You can also disply a search box, our latest coupons and virtually build out a complete site for RSI. You have total control of the look and feel of your site.

You don't need to have any programming, xml or database knowledge to use the GoldenCAN application. Only one line of simple HTML code needs to be added to any web page where you like to display the products.

There is no cost associated with this application, however GoldenCAN will automatically insert their RSI Affiliate ID into every 4th Click generated from your store. This means they will earn 25% of the click through traffic and resulting sales from your store. You will continue to receive your commissions directly from ReStockIt.com.

We will give any RSI affiliate that uses GoldenCAN a $25.00 bonus on their first sale or combined sales of $150.00 or more. It's easy to participate:

1) Join RSI if you are not a member, click here.
    2) Go to GoldenCAN and open the RSI store.
    3) Send us the URL where you have the store integration.
    4) On your first sale or combined sales of $150.00 or more you earn a $25.00 bonus on your account.

If you have any questions about GoldenCAN please feel free to contact me or Asif Malik directly at: asif@goldencan.com

Folks, this is an opportunity for those of you that have limited data base knowledge to finally benefit from data feeds. If you have traffic on your site you can now offer our full line of office, janitorial, and restaurant supplies along with our best selling sheds on your site - and get a $25.00 as well !!
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; June 24th, 2005 at 01:37 PM.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Can't wait to dig into this one Andy. You must be physic as I just posted I'm planning on GoldenCan feed sniplets to give my shoppers more enticing click choices.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Can't wait to dig into this one Andy. You must be physic as I just posted I'm planning on GoldenCan feed sniplets to give my shoppers more enticing click choices.
    Mike, with your traffic, you will rock with this program...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Who tracks the clicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    Who tracks the clicks?
    Clicks are tracked as normall by CJ. GoldenCAN only insert their Aff Id on the 4th click.

Keep in mind that they are in this at the same level that you are, only taking 25% of the clicks with no guarantee of sales or conversions from your traffic. You will be able to log in to CJ as usual and you will see 75% of your clicks reported.

This is an application that has a definite advantage and can help certain types of affiliates that don't have Data Feed experience. It is not for someone that can manipulate a feed in their sleep.

As with any bussiness relationship, there is a trust factor involved here. I have spoken to Asif extensively and trust him 100% with this product. I stand behind his product and his word - you can take that to the bank.

Internet Cowboy
    I see a disturbing trend developing here.
    Someone with zero technical or marketing knowledge can now have access to these tools that allow them to do in seconds what other, more successful, affiliates have spent years developing.
    Between GoldenCan and this company that was recently hired by the satellite programs to give a pre-made web site out to people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing, are you really doing a service to the industry here Andy? Or are you simply dilluting the market with thousands of copycat web sites being run by people with no marketing, technical or ethical knowledge?
    I am sorry to post this, but this is how I feel and I invite comments on this.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I see a disturbing trend developing here.
    Someone with zero technical or marketing knowledge can now have access to these tools that allow them to do in seconds what other, more successful, affiliates have spent years developing.
    Between GoldenCan and this company that was recently hired by the satellite programs to give a pre-made web site out to people who have absolutely no idea what they are doing, are you really doing a service to the industry here Andy? Or are you simply dilluting the market with thousands of copycat web sites being run by people with no marketing, technical or ethical knowledge?
    I am sorry to post this, but this is how I feel and I invite comments on this.
    Thanks
    S,

Great post and for the record, we run an open forum. All views are always welcomed, no need to be sorry....

I had my reservations when I first looked at the app. Once I started to use it, i realized what what a time saver it was for me. I work with datafeeds and know how to manually intergrate them into websites.

I can understand your point and respect it. There is a major point to consider however. This app will not add traffic to any site. People with no "marketing, technical or ethical knowledge" will do absolutely nothing with this even after it's built. This tool is not for everyone as noted above.

You need to have some PPC knowledge to drive traffic or have existing knowledge that got you the current traffic you currently have now. IMHO, the only thing this application will replace is the hours of programming and programming knowledge associated with workling with data feeds.

So yes, I agree that it is a shortcut to learning programming skills. But so are shopping carts in a box that merchants buy instead of custom coding websites.

As for dilluting the market, there are over a dozen apps that work similar to GoldenCAN, and yes, they do add competition to the landscape. Same as data feeds added dup content to the SERPS, Google developed a filter. Now dup content sites are penalized in the SERPS.

The industry eveloves quickly, and only savvy will survive. That can't be bought in a box or downloaded in an application. The experienced affiliates such as yourself, will keep ahead of the pack.

Keep in mind that our job is to offer equal opportunity to all affiliates, work with affiliates at all different skill set levels and help them earn revenue for themselves and our merchants.

I do understand and respect your views though, and welcome additional comments by anyone.
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; June 24th, 2005 at 02:41 PM.

Internet Cowboy
    The RSI datafeed is not distributed by CJ if my memory serves me. Most of the time when an AM or OPM does this it is because they treat the datafeed as somewhat of a managed resource. Offering it through GoldenCan blows that notion away.

Another issue that I have that I did not mention in my initial post is that the affiliate will now have another layer of trust to endure. I am NOT saying that the people at GoldenCan are not honest. I do not know them or their history, this is only a "what-if" scenario. Affiliates have to constantly think "what-if" in order to stay on top of rogue merchants, AMs, networks and any other element of the industry that we are subject to daily.

WHAT IF somehow the software at GoldenCan runs amuck and all of a sudden they are getting 50% of clicks, or 30% or even 26%? This model adds another whole layer of trust that the affiliate must exhibit in a company that he/she knows virtually nothing about. Once again, GoldenCan, I see you are in here and I am not at all accusing you, but if you have a large list of affiliates and you sell your company, what is to say that the new company will not start double dipping?

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one guys. I am ardently against this kind of program because I think it will dillute the landscape with nameless, faceless clone web sites and that only makes the search engines hate affiliate marketing that much more. It is not as much of a concern about someone without the knowledge being able to outperform a seasoned affiliate as much as it is a concern about dilluting the individual programs such as RSI.

I see other AMs in here. What are your thoughts? Matt? Julius?
    Last edited by UncleScooter; June 24th, 2005 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Great points....well made.

The RSI feed is not on CJ, one of the reasons was that we didn't want "dup content" sites out there that was going to be food for the Google dup filters.

GoldenCAN addresses that problem. The drawback however, as noted above is that as an affiliate, you need to know what you are doing. Mass clone sites will achieve nothing, either you know your way around PPC or you already have a high traffic site and you want to add the RSI product category to offer to your existing traffic.

I would like to hear from other AM's and affiliates that are reading this post as well.....thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Julius
    And that's because not everyone is going to be able to sit down and talk with the owner of GoldenCAN and be personally and individually convinced that this is a legit program.
    Great post Julius....

Asif will be attending our Affiliate Manager Certification Seminar in Miami next month, you can sit down and talk to him in person if you attend the seminar....

"Clicks are tracked as normall by CJ."

But do they go someplace else before they go through CJ?

This is where the apprehension lies.

Mr. GoldenCan
    But do they go someplace else before they go through CJ?
    Everytime a user clicks on a GoldenCAN link which takes the user to the merchants website, that link has to go through the GoldenCAN database so we can check if this is 1,2,3 or 4th click and then insert the appropriate affiliate id according to that.

Thanks
    Asif
    http://www.GoldenCAN.com

I can understand the apprehension about trusting Golden Can to be honest about the clicks but is this so different than trusting CJ to accurately count the clicks?

I don't, however, buy into the notion that this makes it "too easy" for affiliates. Look at all the tools out there that make a Webmaster's job easier. Take HTML editors, for example. We used to make pages by typing each tag by hand. You had to know HTML and not many people could make pages. Today we have WYSIWYG editors and many more people can make web pages. Is Dreamweaver a bad thing? I don't think so. Datafeeds made it possible to dispaly hundreds or thousands of products with prices. I learned how to code with PHP and mySQL and, like many others, had tens of thousands of products listed and made tons of money. Google changed their algo and now I'm adapting. If someone wants to just throw up a merchant's feed and think they'll get rich-think again. If people use Golden Can like we did with datafeeds, who cares? I don't see a new webmaster pumping out clone datafeed sites as much competition. It's not just having the tools that make you successful, it's knowing how to use them. Dreamweaver won't make someone rich because it makes it easier to make pages. If they can't rank and presell, it's useless.

It's not necessarily the tool that's used but how it's used. If this tool is seen by the SEs as spam, they'll adjust to it like they did with datafeeds. If you're NOT one of these close sites, that's better for you then since those sites will be weeded out. If you're a great marketer but can't code a line, should you stay out of this business? No, you use what you can to be successful and find the resources to fill in what you need. Only those that can make sites that rank, and can sell, will win, regardless of what tools they use. Just my 2 cents.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Well my idea all along was to forgo forever any cookie cannon approaches to my referral links. I preference my use of GoldenCan to hand select converting trusted merchant's and only use sniplets of their feed related to specific shopping page themes. Like Akiva's PSC this one CAN focus and filter shoppers to a trusted merchant's landing page. I automatically loose 25% of my traffic to the BHO's and couponers. I loose another 15% to merchants who make a killing off my links showing sales after the "return day" cookie expires. I need something to experiment with by shoehorning specific products & prices into existing traffic pages. This should work as long as I don't pick out the NETorious poor converting/reporting merchants passing the feed link through yet another consolodation server like the GSI group does..

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I'm all for automation and simplicity but I feel the cost (25% of clicks) is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN

Everytime a user clicks on a GoldenCAN link which takes the user to the merchants website, that link has to go through the GoldenCAN database so we can check if this is 1,2,3 or 4th click and then insert the appropriate affiliate id according to that.

Thanks
    Asif
    http://www.GoldenCAN.com
    So it adds another possible point of failure to the link game.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I think having 25% lost is a better odd than the amount lost otherwise through other tools on some sites, such as with adsense. Don't get me wrong, I recommend adsense to be used anytime there is traffic.

With adsense you are making $0.10 - $1.00 and still who knows how much is being lost. With GoldenCan you have the possibility to make a full page for that traffic and earn a higher commission from higher sales amounts from the same click-through with better odds as your customer will click-through 3 possible links and still convert over to your merchant. With adsense you just lost your customer somewhere else and made a smaller profit/sale. If you have a high traffic site/page, put adsense and goldencan on the same page, I recommend it, but which do you think will give you higher percentage result and commission.

I think Andy explained it the best already how the program works. It's a program that everyone should take advantage of using, but it's not going to be used by those with programming, html, database knowledge, so if you look at it from all sides, it will not create as much competition for most experienced affiliates as one might think.

And if you saw my other post, I too have spoken to Asif and from knowing some of his background work and where he's been, I too so far have no dought that he is sincere in what he is offering affiliates. I too will be adding GoldenCan to our programs, but time will tell, you know active managers will always stay on top of GoldenCan to make sure affiliates are winning. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ΤΏΤ¬
    I'm all for automation and simplicity but I feel the cost (25% of clicks) is too high.
    ARC is working with GoldenCAN and we are developing another model for those that "feel" that 25% of their clicks is not feasable.

We are talking to Asif and will post developments as soon as we have them....

Look for Szul and EasyClickTravel to be among the first ARC merchants to offer the new model....

Stay tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by jrami
    If you have a high traffic site/page, put adsense and goldencan on the same page, I recommend it, but which do you think will give you higher percentage result and commission.
    I agree with you 100%. You are taking a chance with adsense for 10 cents, and losing a customer to someone else. The customer you brought to your site with hard work. At the same time if you have GoldenCAN feed displayed on your page you have chance of making a sale, bringing you better commission.

You can display both, if you like, at your site and see the results.

As they say "What you got to lose"

Thanks

Well my smell test for even considering using GoldenCan wasn't a simple one. Here were some of the major considerations.

1. I liked that the affiliate never had access to the raw datafeed increasing security for the merchant.
    2. I liked that any resulting page displays were a self help tool for shoppers allowing them an option to drill down through specific merchant ecatalog categories of interest to them. This allows me to better target/focus their click choice without leaving my pages while increasing the chances of a conversion.
    3. I like that the one line script didn't generate any potential SERP dupe content penality, due to all content being dynamically generated.
    4. I liked being able to hand select any merchant for the onpage display -or search function giving me total control on who's items I think would appeal to my shoppers.
    5. I assumed the one line of script would be generated with some user choice options allowing for integration into existing static page layouts.
    6. I like that the developer was immediately responsive to feature requests and was vouched for by known ABW enities. The first rendition works and can only get better as it's field tested.
    7. I like that trusted merchant's have endorsed the product, and in some cases are willing to work with GoldenCan to spiff them for eliminating the every 4th click requirement.
    8. I liked it as it forces me to evaluate new technology, when properly applied, can be a win/win for affiliate and consumer. It's a sales tool ...not an advertising tool ... that also earns it bonus points. No way will it brand me as a potential Adwhore.
    10. It allows me to honestly display valid updated coupons and daily deals right within my normal pages.

I spent 30 minutes earlier today just trying it live on some pages, and that effort got some creative juices flowing. .... http://www.ecomcity.com/overstock.htm or using it to create a new mall page http://www.ecomcity.com/sierra-tradi...t-bargains.htm seemed effortless.

It would work for my indy merchant clients and any network merchant forcing them to purge and update their feeds. It works best at top of page area so the merchant gets prime exposure. It will force me to un-bloat pages or re-work navigation to link to quick load nicer looking EcomCity pages with some alternate merchant links.

I hope it moves Asif into a super affiliate category so he can afford to support & enhance it over the long term.

Mike,

Great recap and observations, please thank Charlie for his due diligence and give him some fresh parrot seeds....

ARC and our merchants will soon be sponsoring the GoldenCAN application without the 4th click so it will be free for any affiliate to use on their account.

ECT will be the first one, being released later today or tomm.
    Szul will be following next week and RSI following them....

We agree, it's a great tool.....

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Sam 2005, thanks.

Exactly: "What you got to lose"

Mike, All 10 points...

But #8. > can be a win/win for affiliate and consumer. It's a sales tool ...not an advertising tool.

Exactly: direct sales to your merchant, the name of the game, when compared to a leak to amazon, google, ebay, and others

Internet Cowboy
    I am glad to see merchants and AMs sponsoring this so the 25% cost is removed.
    I still have very strong dissenting opinions about this whole thing, but I will keep them to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I still have very strong dissenting opinions about this whole thing, but I will keep them to myself.
    S, it was great speaking to you on the phone the other day, I want you to know that I completely understand your point and where you are coming from. i am happy that we were able to shed some light on the app and how it works and even though we disagree on the "existence" of the app itself, we can agree to disagree and still have a conversation about it. It will be good seeing you in Miami next month...

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Years of ignoring Mike's posts make me ecomcity-blind... a common ABW condition... (kidding of course, but his sample pages confuse me)

Andy, you got a simple example page with GoldenCAN on it that I can view?

Maybe a page where I can clearly discern where the script is creating stuff and the where the non-script non-GoldenCAN stuff is surrounding it or whatever...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast