Links not visible
    Can someone please explain this screenshot to me?

I'm brand-spankin' new here, so I'm wondering about several things regarding links. These blank pages are puzzling, and my text links to Visual Thesaurus aren't resulting in a link to the page (merely a blank page) on my own system, though the CEO of the company replied to my query about that, that it shows up for him.
    In a reply e-mail, I'll direct you to my page on which I have the link; but I guess here, that would be taboo. (Right?)

Do you have Norton installed on your computer? I've seen instances of people with Norton installed that could not see many affiliate links. I had to do some tweaking of the Norton settings (one at a time).
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Yes I do, and yes, it has ALWAYS been a major source of confusion for me!
    I wish we didn't have to take precautions like this with our computing. I really need to find somebody to sit with me at my computer for about two weeks, and just go through and explain things. I've been learning computers for years, but have never really felt like I'm wise at it.
    I ALWAYS feel confounded by little stuff. No friends ever care to share their experiences with me, or maybe I just don't ask enough questions in the right places.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll poke around myopically at the situation.

Go into the spyware/adware section first. Change one thing, write down what you changed, then see if it made a difference. Then go back and change it back to what it was. Then try something else. One at a time. Write down what you did and set it back to what it was before trying anything else.

Good luck. May the force be with you.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Hah!
    Funny. Well before I even read your latest advice, I went and disabled AntiVirus, and Internet Security, clicked my link, and sure enough, it went to the page! That solved the problem of the blank page after clicking my text link, but then to resolve the problem of the "LOOK IT UP" forms at the top of the 'all types of links' page at Visual Thesaurus, well it would appear that the image locations aren't listed properly there, since I assume I should be seeing an input box's borders, and a button that says "LOOK IT UP". But as you can see from the screenshot, they aren't there.

And so now, insofar as my text links are concerned, how can I be sure I'll be getting the credit when people follow those links, and how can I be sure other people's Nortons don't keep them from going there, and how can I test my links every time without having to disable my Norton? Oh, right. I'll make little changes as you've suggested...

Okay well, ongoing experimentation underway.
    Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by laguna3dguy
    Okay well, ongoing experimentation underway.
    That's the spirit. We're nothing if not explorers. I feel that if I don't find a new obstacle every few days or so I'm not trying.

Some times I feel like I don't know where I'm going ... but I'm making good time. Affiliate marketing a little bit of managed chaos.
    Dennis Duffy

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread