Need Suggestions for a Good Shopping Cart script...
    I need a good shopping cart that I can use on one site to process many different affiliate products.

For example: I have products from Affiliate A and Affiliate B on one site. Ideally, I'd like to make the process as seamless as possible for the consumer, so if they put products in from both affilates into one cart, the order can be 'split' and sent to both affiliates for processing separately.

I've also thought about setting up a Yahoo Store. Does anyone have any suggestions there?

You might want to take a look at the open source, (free), CRELoaded system.
    www.creloaded.com

I'd be careful grnidone,

Some affiliate programs don't allow you to use a shopping cart for affiliate datafeeds. You can use shopping cart software, but you just can't use the 'cart' aspect of it. Categories, search and product pages are all legitimate options. You have to send the visitor to the merchant site before they add it to a cart. Also, many merchants don't have the capability to let you add multiple items to somebody's shopping cart. They need to visit the merchant and add items themselves. The best you can do is offer links to each item they want on the merchant site so they can add each to the merchant cart.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I'd pay attention to all that Snib said. And as far as the shopping cart script is concerned, zencart might be a good choice. For the stuff that you are interested in, Yahoo Store might not be very flexible & it costs too.

cheers!
    -nishith

http and a telephoto
    url for zen cart is http://zen-cart.com

I am looking at http://creloaded.com and that cart because it has info pages, a newsmanager and a links manager all built in as well. Almost a shopping cart/cms.

There is a place in both of these carts for you to link directly to the merchant site. The trick is to write an if statement that shows an add to cart button for drop shipped items or items you have for sale yourself, and a click to buy offsite for aff links.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

There is a ton of great features in both zen and cre.
    Along with the news and managers, cre has FAQ, banner, adsense, info, and associate managers.. I just love it.

loxly, how would you go about "The trick is to write an if statement that shows an add to cart button for drop shipped items or items you have for sale yourself, and a click to buy offsite for aff links." ?

I did something similar in one of my sites for products we are selling through cafe press, but it did not utilize the cart data base, which I would have liked. I just used a “Purchase Here” link on the remote product pages.

http and a telephoto
    Ahhhh.... This is exactly the project I am about to tackle. I am not a coder, but know some ... I will most likely being paying someone to modify creloaded to fit what I want to do. I have too many international orders to handle having all my cafepress products in my own shopping cart, so need to be able to send people to the cp cart, or to my own cart for non-cp items.

Pm me (never mind i see you don't have enough posts to pm yet) skype me at nightfire32 if you are interested in brainstorming about this....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Good talking with you loxly.
    Have you on my "A" list <grin>

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread