Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    QVC Embarrassing Themselves
    I've been waiting for approval from QVC since November of last year. That's seven months!

So what do I get in my email this week? An invitation to join their German program. Oh yeah, right. (I speak enough German to order in a bar and ask the location of the restrooms.)

No return email addy on the mail. No addy on the CJ listing either. I think if a merchant isn't willing to put an email addy on their listing they shouldn't have an affiliate program at all.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    That's nothing, Rhea. They declined me twice without reason, even after I requested one, and then invited me to their German program.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

They terminated me at a time when I had sales flowing in.

Somebody at QVC is in their own little world.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What Chocolate Chicken said.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Ditto what Chocolate Chicken and Leader said. I even wrote to them for an explanation, and this is what they had to say:
    August 10, 2004

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for your message regarding the expiration of your publisher relationship with QVC through Commission Junction.

Due to resource constraints and branding concerns it has become necessary for us to reduce the size of our program. As a result, we discontinued our arrangement with a number of publishers.

Please be assured that this decision was not made lightly. We regret having to discontinue our relationship with you and other hard-working publishers, and we hope you will understand this reduction is a business necessity.

We very much appreciated your interest and participation in our program, and we wish you every success in the operation of your business.

Kind regards,
    QVC.com
    How lame. I was producing sales. They only had to pay me if I produced sales, but that wasn't good enough?

I've heard of cutting expenses with layoffs, use of less expensive materials, reductions of fringe benefits to employees, etc.

But I've never heard of cutting sales as a "business necessity".

They sell STUFF. That's all. Just STUFF. And they act like they're guarding the Holy Grail or developing a cure for cancer. Morons.

ABW Ambassador
    no, i beg to differ. qvc is not embarassing themselves.

if you have been booted off, guess what? all your current links still go to QVC, and QVC is not paying a single cent on your traffic. harharhar. i can just hear QVC laughing at their former affiliates for being fools.

the same goes to Home Depot by the way.
    Last edited by waytogo; June 24th, 2005 at 08:33 PM.

Internet Cowboy
    It would seem to me that this is not a huge loss with their 1 day cookie and 1 time number of actions and 5% commission. Do they convert that well as to make up for their poor terms?

ABW Ambassador
    Same thing with me. Was getting sales and terminated. Maybe they need a new AM.

Yes, Unky Scooter. QVC sells junk, and the American people, gotta love them, love junk. Especially if they can be convinced that it's a bargain. All the fake gold and fake diamonds and fake leather and goofy looking clothes make them weak in the knees in...I dunno...places where Walmart is the closest thing to a department store I guess.

What the heck, it's not my job to judge whether people have good taste or not. If junk they want then junk they shall have! Apparently though they won't be getting it from QVC on my sites.

Abfall innen, Abfall heraus.

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo
    if you have been booted off, guess what? all your current links still go to QVC, and QVC is not paying a single cent on your traffic. harharhar. i can just hear QVC laughing at their former affiliates for being fools.
    Except that as soon as I was terminated, I removed all their links and redirected the page the links were on to another page at my site so another merchant would get the sales.

What Tracy said. Their links were gone from my site within about 4 hours!

"branding concerns"
    maybe they think affiliate marketing isnt classy enough for their high-end merchandise..

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Most likely CJ/ValueClick contracted to run their SEM/SEO campaigns funded by the dropped affiliates commission exposure. Need I ask if they have BHO parnerships still active??
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Gotta love those junky Craftsman tools they sell. And those horrible junky Wagner products. I just fooled my Dad for Father's Day and bought him a junky Wagner paint sprayer. He loved it! Sucker!

Not to mention they feed my NASCAR addiction with those horrible junky authentic NASCAR Action collectibles. They sure suckered me in, I bought a lifetime membership to goracing.com just to continue buying the junk! I can't believe it, all those hundreds and thousands of dollars I spent with them on NASCAR products just to now own tens of thousands of dollars worth of junky NASCAR collectibles. I must be a fool!

And who could even think they could fool people with those junky JVC, Sony, Fuji and Olympus digital cameras, camcorders and electronics. WHAT JUNK!

And not to mention the food they try to pawn off on people. I mean those Kansas City products, ugh! I went through 70 or 80 boxes of their steaks and hamburgers before I realized what crap they are.

And to top it off, they constantly have this painter guy on their selling his junky paintings. Kinkade something or another. They've suckered my Mom into buying a bunch of his canvas paintings and prints. Won't she be surprised when she finds out they're not worth the tens of thousands of dollars she thinks the are!

And they try to pawn this stuff of at cheaper prices. QVC sure has gall, I swear.

The point is, they sell STUFF. Just STUFF. And they act all hoity-toity-holy about it.

Almost so bad as the trademark paranoia that runs so deep that a company is afraid to print their logo on the product package for fear that their image may be tarnished when a garbage collector sees the empty package in the trash.

To paraphrase Frank Zappa: "Shut up and sell your sh#t".

Taking CC's point one step further, they SELL the stuff, they don't MAKE it. It's not their logo on the products, their logo is on the packaging and invoice. They're marketers, just like us.

I'm sure HSN, Shop NBC and their other competitors don't mind a bit that QVC is so veddy, veddy exclusive.

Cook's Essentials is actually QVC's brand cookware. People rave about it, although it's junk. Buy Ultrex (damn good cookware) on QVC. Nope, that's an HSN brand. You must buy that on HSN, exclusive. Ouch.

Every shopping network sells other companies' STUFF. They also have their own exclusive brand stuff. But to call the stuff QVC sells junk (in a blanket statement) was absolutely ludicrous. If you think Craftsman, Wagner, JVC, Sony, Fuji, etc, etc, etc (mentioned above) is "junk", PLEASE let me know where and what YOU buy, it's got to be GOLD.

Find me some cheap Thomas Kinkade artwork while you're at it.

And if they sell junk, why bother applying? I love to make money but I wouldn't pawn "junk" off on my visitors. I'd like to earn their trust and wouldn't send them somewhere I didn't think they should go.

I have also been waiting since November. I have written and called CJ and no one wants me to run them I guess!! Kind of crazy, they would do well on my site!

ABW Ambassador
    lots of reversals. i don't miss them a bit.

their stats are being propped up by the parasites they're in bed with.

I needed them to cover me for two products which sell out every year at Christmas with my regular merchants. That's the only reason I applied. I figured when my regular merchants sold out I might be able to get coverage from QVC to keep the sales rolling in.

It ain't no heartbreaker.

If you think Craftsman, Wagner, JVC, Sony, Fuji, etc, etc, etc (mentioned above) is "junk", PLEASE let me know where and what YOU buy, it's got to be GOLD.
    Don't know about all of those brands, but personally I've had a lot better luck with John Deere (Home Depot) and Troy-Bilt (before they got bought out) than with Craftsman, when it comes to powered lawn equipment. Craftsman's got the crown for tools like wrenches, though.

As for Sony, it usually has a noticable quality improvement, but not so noticable that I think it's worth the usually-massive price difference between them and a more proletarian brand. For instance, I thought their flat-panel monitors looked really great--until I saw that extra zero on the price. Theirs were better, but not all THAT much better.

But I see what you're saying, that QVC's got lots of stuff that's not junk. I think it's their old shopping show that gave them the downscale image. I haven't looked at it in ages, so I don't know if they've improved it, but it used to project an image of cheeaaappp! Easy to turn it off without ever seeing what else they've got.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It would be neat to track how QVC peddles their customers data to every direct marketing Adwhore to come down the pike. That is their only product ...consumer data. They take an affiliate commission on booking sales for the stuff like all the other infomercial folks.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Y bother applying to such a JUNKY merchant then? Guys, admit it, they convert and they are cost-effective. You need them on your sites. i never heard of a spam from QVC.
    The bottom line is, they have d right to chose d people they work with and all of us should stop yammering.

You need them on your sites.
    Like I "need" an extra hole in the butt. I simply put someone else up when they deactivated me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast