So I fell for the hype and checked out adSense. However, the only ads that showed were other competitors. Any coupon sites out there having success with this?

Your not the only one .... I just checked them out too. I'm going to direct traffic to google, they must be more reliable than other companies and I believe they will guarantee a payout since they are #1. Anyone else use adsense and made money yet?

No matter how much money I may "not make", there is now way I am going to give my competitors free advertising on my site.
    I am trying to build loyalty users, why would I want people to know check out my competitors?

Seems to me that in the end it would cost me money.

This is one bandwagon I'm not jumping on. I prefer to think in the long term and not in the moment as far as earning money goes.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

I too would never put a competitors ad on my site. That is just stupid. Would coke promote pepsi for the extra cash? Not likely. However. I would gladly promote adsense on my content site as long as the ads were not the competitors of any of my sites.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

I do own coupon websites but I do'nt sell anything because the sites I own were originally registered through previous owners. Therefore, I get expired traffic and will forward off to my 'so-called' competitors. I own many domains other than coupons, so if you need traffic I will send them your way as long as I get compensated. $0.01 PPC or more is good money for me. I'm not interested in building websites, but, building traffic. If flamingoworld.com had an affiliate program I will join. I'm not a competitor.

Just FYI, you can block ads displaying for your competitors by logging into your account and blocking their websites.

~Mysk

http://www.myskyra.net

um yeah, but do you have any idea how many fly-by-night coupons sites are out there? It would be a monumental task to try and block all of them. It's like trying to add spammers to your junk mail list. They just change the name of their domain.

I don't think it would be hard to incorporate adsense into a coupon site without promoting competitors.

Sure there are loads of coupon sites on the net, but only a few that I would consider to be competition. It's easy to block the few serious competitors, and you can always add new competitors to the list.

Personally I think that anyone that's worried about putting adsense on a coupon site should rethink the content and quality of their site. Are your users really going to leave you for an inferior site?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joey:
    I don't think it would be hard to incorporate adsense into a coupon site without promoting competitors.

Sure there are loads of coupon sites on the net, but only a few that I would consider to be competition. It's easy to block the few serious competitors, and you can always add new competitors to the list.

Personally I think that anyone that's worried about putting adsense on a coupon site should rethink the content and quality of their site. Are your users really going to leave you for an inferior site?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you didn't think your visitors would click on the ad and leave you, what would be the point of having adsense then?

The idea would be to have complementing sites, not competing sites in the ads.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread