Did I miss something...
    I recently started back after a leave of absense. I asked a Q about encrypted links - whats the difference between "hide" and "encrypt"? A young lady (I guess she is young) replied that "encrypt" was to "hide"(?). Ok. So, again, what is the difference between "hide" and "encrypt", and how does "encrypt" benefit me as a publisher? call me stupid. no don't, then I might get mad.

Otay. next question for anyone who would like to help. What happened to the "advanced link" function where I could customize my own links to go to whatever landing page I wanted???? The thing that bugs me, and what I perceived to be the reason why there use to be a way to customize links is that, is that many of the destination pages do not go to the page they are suppose to, at least according to what the text link or banner advertises. So, how then, without screwing up the tracking, do I customize a link to go to the landing page that it is suppose to take the visitor to? ok, I am not tech swift, but that advanced linking option was a real help to a dumb-dumb like me.

I thought it was Linkshare that had the advanced linking option...but I might be wrong. I don't use it often but it's nice to have when I decide to go that route.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

CJ used to
    But I don't see the option anymore. Does anyone know how, if I CJ allows, for me to customize a link to go to the landing page I want? Or do I have to request this from the advertisers AM?

http and a telephoto
    Hide uses java to hide the link, and is not all that effective, IMO.

Encrypt truly hides your affiliate id.

If you create the 2 types of links and look at them you will see the difference right away.

I don't know about the Advanced Linking, I use mostly datafeed links.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker Jones
    But I don't see the option anymore. Does anyone know how, if I CJ allows, for me to customize a link to go to the landing page I want? Or do I have to request this from the advertisers AM?
    Not all merchants support this, and other only allow certain links to be able to do this.

When you go to get a link on the "Link Detail Get HTML page", click on "Show Advanced Options." You will always see SID there, but, if the merchant allows URL redirects with that link, you will see "Destination URL" and a box beside it. You then put the URL in that box and click update HTML.

An even easier way to find out that they allow this is, click on the link type on the left hand side (Text Link, 468x60 Full Banner, 120x60 Banner, etc) instead of "Get HTML." If you see "Advertiser allows URL redirects for this link" on the Link Detail page, then you are able to do URL redirects with that link.

If the merchant doesn't allow redirects, contact them and ask them to enable this feature.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

No.............
    DUH! DUH HUH ON ME!

Right there in front of my eyes. Gawd, I feel stupid. lol

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread