Not making sales - a few questions
    I like CJ but I haven't made any sales for the last three weeks. I usually would have made some sales over that period. I'm sending targetted traffic from different websites on different subjects and I'm getting a good ctr. On most sites I am promoting one to two merchants.

I'm thinking about trying other networks but I'm not sure if they would be better or if the problem is its just a slow period/my own promotion. Any recommendations? Does CJ have serious tracking issues? Are the CJ cookies easily removed by antivirus/firewall software? Any networks out there with a more affiliate friendly setup?

I did recently make a purchase through my own CJ link and it was recorded correctly.

Lastly - what does the "encrypt" part of the code do in terms of its effect?

Thanks

funny - just made a sale

I have made some changes in my site (made the links more prominent) and code (added the encrypt function), so maybe it was just my prior setup

hope so

Congratulations on your sale! Its always nice to get back on track.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

I think you would have to put it in perspective for us to answer accurately. How many sales do you usually get a day, how many clicks, how many impressions?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by teeness
    funny - just made a sale
    they restart their servers when somebody here whines

well, you know, the bubble gum fix. hehehe

So we must basically be losing a ton of sales:

http://www.internetweek.com/showArti...leID=159402976

So we must basically be losing a ton of sales:

http://www.internetweek.com/showArti...leID=159402976

gotta make our visitors return through our links, then.

I have made some changes in my site (made the links more prominent) and code (added the encrypt function), so maybe it was just my prior setup
    Or it may be adding the encryption is reducing sales. It seems I read that the encryption slows down the link, which may turn some people away when the link doesn't immediately open.

I use the HIDE feature, which simply hides code from view if the person is in the habit of looking down at the left-hand corner of their screen when they hover over a link. On the other hand, I doubt most users are even aware of that feature.

ABW Ambassador
    cj.com please start your servers for me too.

roland

Hi Tracy. That may be true as I had some that were encrypted and some that were not. I've since made them all encrypted. I usually now select all three options - open in new window, encrypt and hide. Maybe I'll unencrypt ' em.

I've been wondering if setting them to open in new window might not be a good idea as it then looks like a pop up and the person has to now open the window more - a double step plus an annoyance.

Maybe I'll just try hide and see what happens. They can always hit the back button.

Do you set them to open in new window or just apply hide?

Do you set them to open in new window or just apply hide?
    I stopped having links open in a new window a while back, but it was because I felt my pages were rather large and the new window wouldn't come up until the page had loaded.

I like CJ but I haven't made any sales for the last three weeks. I usually would have made some sales over that period. I'm sending targetted traffic from different websites on different subjects and I'm getting a good ctr. On most sites I am promoting one to two merchants.

I'm thinking about trying other networks but I'm not sure if they would be better or if the problem is its just a slow period/my own promotion. Any recommendations? Does CJ have serious tracking issues? Are the CJ cookies easily removed by antivirus/firewall software? Any networks out there with a more affiliate friendly setup?

I did recently make a purchase through my own CJ link and it was recorded correctly.

Lastly - what does the "encrypt" part of the code do in terms of its effect?

Thanks
    Same here...I haven't had a sale in over 3 weeks and my traffic has doubled since the last Google update.

ABW Ambassador
    if i remember or interpret it correctly, i think Todd kind of hinted that there was/is no noticeable sudden drop-off in the overall reporting of sales.

in that case, where have all our sales gone?

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one - in that there may be something to it beyond the usual suspects. My traffic as well has really skyrocketed over the past month as well and i'm making less sales than when I had much less traffic. It hasn't just increased, but it has increased and gotten more targetted - the keyword phrases.

I've changed all my codes to "unencrypted" with no "open in a new window" - only "hide" and I'm gonna see if that helps.

Couple questions for you fawh - have you changed your site design recently?

Do you set the links to open in a new window?

I made a minor sale the other day but before that my last sale was on June 5th. When was your last sale fawh?

One last thing - How often is the green bar network earnings thing updated? It seems I should have lost one but it's still showing what it has been showing. Is that only updated periodically like monthly?

have you changed your site design recently?
    Nothing too major...Last week I changed the styles of the links through out the site. But, it was just for a few days and it didn't effect the number of page views of clicks compared to previous weeks.

Do you set the links to open in a new window?
    Yes. I have been for several months.

When was your last sale fawh?
    The 5th

How often is the green bar network earnings thing updated?
    Is that only updated periodically like monthly?
    I'm not sure. But, a couple weeks ago my 7 day EPC rose more than $20 and no sales were reported.

I suppose it could be a coincidence but we both normally make sales and then stop on the 5th?

I have noticed that the CJ links take twice as long to load compared to the other affiliate links on the site. But, that wouldn't explain what happened with my 7 day EPC a couple weeks ago.

if they are having problems with batch transactions, maybe they are having problems with normal transactions as well

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread