Exclamation My experience with ePilot.com
    I tried ePilot.com in February 2005 and every hit was a bot. I noticed the same exact patterns in my httpd logs.

I find it hard to believe that nearly 400 people I paid to have sent to my site did this:

1. Opened the main URL.
    2. Clicked the first link in the HTML, which is the affiliate page.
    3. Closed the browser.

The referring sites were all very shady. Total fronts. $25 down the drain, I'm glad I didn't spend more than that.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Buying traffic from shady characters, running PPCSE accounts through syndications, looks like a real money trap. Between bots, click scripts, Get Paid to-- sites and click slaves you run the risk of dealing with the penny pinchers. Pinching pennies is a full time job for those who run every known form of internet scams based upon a numbers game. Often these penny pinchers evolved from the CPC click cheat days knowing desperate marketers will always fall for traffic generating hype.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

That's been my experience with virtually every PPC search engine other than Google and Overture.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I also tried Epilot ...

-All my keywords were at $0.01 and I spent $100

So that's 10,000 hits and not one sale!

Conclusion: I agree with you

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    One that bilked me out of $50 called me a few months ago insisting that they improved their system (but they wouldn't admit that their system was ripping me off). I told them I would give them another try if they gave me $50 of free clicks - they refused.

Yes, all except google and overture are money wasted. I guess the axiom here is: If they don't represent a search engine that is used in a significant way, then they can not deliver any type of quality traffic.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    I told them I would give them another try if they gave me $50 of free clicks - they refused.
    I've done that with several of them. They all refuse, which says a lot. They know that their traffic won't convert, so they're just in it for the deposit. If they had good quality traffic, they wouldn't mind giving a small sample to get a long term customer.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread