Angry Never Use 2Checkout!
    Hi All,
    That's it. After being with 2CheckOut.com for 2 years I've had enough! One of my payments didn't turn up (May 16th 2005) so I called in. I was made to wait over 20 days, and phoned in over 8 times leaving countless messages that were completely ignored. I was accused of lying and treated very badly. The payments department was extremely rude and patronizing (I wont name names, but if you end up talking to someone their whos name begins with a 'P' prepare to be insulted). When I asked to make a complaint I was either forwarded to an empty voicemail or disconnected. Not having the payment made things very difficult financially. Finally a Vendor support agent started dealing with my request and contacting the payments department on my behalf (it was a miracle I got through to her, the others didn't seem to have a clue, thank you 'GS'). Finally after a month they got back to me saying it was an error in my banking details and it was my fault. I went over things with them and proved that all my details were entered correctly. After all they have been sending me payments for over 2 years! Talking with my bank they said that the way they were sending the details were in correct (I'm international). When I contacted the payments department about this (after many attempts to get hold of the payments department) she gave me more abuse over the phone being extremely rude. I still have not recieved the payment. I've chaged card processors and will no longer deal with a company that talks to customers in such a way and says they have no one who deals with merchant complaints.

As you could probably understand this has left me in a very bad mood.

I've now recommend to all my customers not to use 2CheckOut. It's such a shame as in the old days they used to be quite good.

I wont say who I changed to so I can't be accused of promoting another company. But with proper merchant accounts going so cheaply these days it's mad to have anything less.

Anyone else got a similar experience? I've seen a few posts when searching. They kept telling me that they never get any complaints (I don't believe that for a second!)

Lyle

P.S. I have made an official complainte with BBB online. If you've had a bad experience, I suggest you do the same.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Lyle. Bad customer service can break any good company. It's amazing that it's still so rampant when there is so much competition out there.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Especially a company that size with that amount of profit. It's understandable if a one man band get's a bit behind with things. But companies that size have no excuse.

Lyle

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    They kept telling me that they never get any complaints (I don't believe that for a second!)
    You said that as soon as you told them you wanted to make a complaint, they disconnected you or sent you to an empty voice mail. If that's their typical reaction, no wonder they don't "get" any complaints. They won't accept delivery of them
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

when we started with them, it took forever to get my account verified.
    they said that they could not get in contact with any of my customers
    to find out if they had the goods delivered ???
    one customer had placed 3 orders since i opened that account.
    and had received all of them. i had phoned her personally to find out.

can you imagine, I had $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the 2checkout account.
    we were still paying affiliates, we were still paying shipping,
    we were still re-stocking
    and had no payments coming in.
    if it were not for the fact that we have stable funds it would have been a problem

someone smaller may not have been able to keep trading .
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Their customer service really is horrible. It's funny how their e-mail replies always start with "I apologize for the late reply".

Recently they made some changes to their "how to name buttons and links" policy. I got an e-mail from the saying one of my sites does not comply with that policy and I need to change the wording on my site. They gave me 24 hours time to do it. I made the changes they requested, e-maild them back asking if it's ok now and got a reply in about two weeks! 24 hours my @ss!

Oh yes and getting new account verified - I know what you mean. My 1st payment was 2 months late and it took about 4 e-mails from me to get it done. I also got the "your banking details are wrong" response, but without changing a thing in my payment details they successfully made the transaction later.

I used to have their affiliate links up and did quite some conversions, but nope, not anymore.
    [URL=http://www.hesk.com]Help desk software[/URL]

why dont you try paynetsystems.com. The site offers Credit card processing equipment and merchant account solutions and has a good track record.

You can contact me for more details
    Shaily

Whew, Lyle, sorry to hear about hat. I believe, Haiko is using 2CO for his ABW payments. I'd be interested in what he has to say...

Geno

Recently they made some changes to their "how to name buttons and links" policy.
    OMG...I'm amazed that they even *have* a "how to name buttons and links" policy!

That characterizes them as nothing but THOROUGH.

How can they afford to continue such pathetic services even in this hard cut throat competition? For anyone still using them or ikobo, i suggest do a bit reading on ebay forums and u'll realise that they are much worse than the guys here are telling

ABW Ambassador
    I've used them for several years and thought they were pretty good, but then ... they "upgraded" earlier this year and have become BAD in every way humanly possible.

I think the folks at 2CO learned all they know about upgrading from Linkshare.

Their upgrade was a total fiasco. What was before a really easy, intuitive set up became a total mess and everything now takes twice as long to do the same thing. My account got screwed up in the process and took several calls with a tech supervisor before getting the new set up implemented for my really basic little site.

All customer service now has to go through them and they aren't very fast or responsive so that looks bad on the merchant. One of the supervisors I spoke to admitted that they didn't have enough staff to handle everything that's now required.

A friend of mine signed up with them a while back and it took over THREE weeks of emailing every day and frequent phoning before he was "approved." He's in the UK so I helped him by calling 2co for him. On one of the calls I got put on hold for over 45 minutes. When it was my turn, I got a nice message that said "We're sorry, our offices are now closed. Please call back during business hours."

I used to recommend them, but now my advice is STAY FAR, FAR AWAY. They have major problems.

I know a guy who has well over 1700 dollars in his 2checkout account and 2co won't deposit into his account. They say they have to call every single person he provided services too that they got the service and its been 4 months and they haven't made 1 phone call.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Yep 100% agree, 2 years ago they were great, now, well, we only use them for AMEX which a local gateway can't process.... the new requirements on the copy to be used are over the top... sad case of a company out growing it's usefulness.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

I've never dealt with that place, but the parellels to a merchant-gone-bad are striking.

1. Sudden change from good to bad.

2. Ridiculous "conditions" designed to give them excuses to not pay, especially when said conditions get more ridiculous over time.

3. Eating the money! And lame excuses! (Call all the customers?! Sheesh... what a load (especially with the 4 month delay)... tell that guy to save himself the ulcers and just give this case to his collection attorney...)

3. Apparently trying to drive away business...I guess they do that to lower the amount of people who'll know, when they finally disappear into to oblivion in the middle of the night!

For anyone still using them or ikobo, i suggest do a bit reading on ebay forums and u'll realise that they are much worse than the guys here are telling
    Heck, they're already showing all the signs of a total crook just by what's in this thread...

ABW uses them for payments I sent in a large payment Saturday, with full details and security code, they wanted to see a copy of the bank statement and a signed receipt before they would release funds 3 DAYS LATER!!!

Argh!

I think thats true.. even I had problems with 2checkout.. What sucks is that you need to do a lot of things just inorder to contact them. And even if they do reply ( which takes very long.. ) all they give you is crappy answers

First I would like to say hello.. I have worked for 2Checkout for 4 years and in that time, we have grown substantially. With growth comes change, and we all know how much people hate change. 2Checkout customer care is 24hrs 7 days a week, you may contact us via e-mail, live chat, a support ticket or you may call one of the following numbers.

Phone: 614-921-2450
    Toll Free U.S. and Canada: 877-294-0273
    Local UK and Northern Ireland 871-871-8283

First you must understand that 2Checkout is not a payment processor and therefore there are rules and regulations that we must follow as a merchant. These rules and regulations are mandated by the credit card company's.

Any changes that have been made by 2Checkout have been made with not only the vendor in mind, but the customer as well. We always welcome outside ideas that can make our product better for the consumer or vendor.

Regarding the complaints above, I have found that when someone does not receive the answer that they hoped for, it is usually chalked up as bad service, or ends up as a complaint on one of the many forums that are out there.

The internet business is continuing to move forward, we must be able to adapt if we are going to stay competitive. In 2007, 2Checkout has been listed #26 on Entrepreneurs Hot 500 list of fastest growing company's.
    Last edited by Geno; December 12th, 2007 at 12:05 PM.

They were the first system I ever used. I fired them after not receiving two checks. They then sent me a newsletter and I replied to it that I've already fired them. two weeks later I got my checks

Rick

2CO is definitely a company to avoid.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by 2CO's Geno
    Regarding the complaints above, I have found that when someone does not receive the answer that they hoped for, it is usually chalked up as bad service, or ends up as a complaint on one of the many forums that are out there.
    Too bad you didn't read the dates on the complaints...this thread is over 2 years old (August 2005), and would have stayed buried in oblivion here if you hadn't bumped it...

I actually had signed up for an account at 3AM today [3/13/2008] and I just demanded a refund of my processing fee 5 minutes ago. Those people are fruity pebbles!

First off, since I used my PayPal Premier Business Card to pay for the processing fees, the validation number was not showing so, I could not validate. So, I opened a ticket. They responded and said it would take a few more days and to check for the validation number again. OK, no problem. They also added the following:

Upon initial review of your account, we have found the following issue(s) that may *restrict your ability to accept sales*:

**Your account is currently marked *inactive*, you will be receiving a parameter error when trying to purchase due to the following reason(s) listed below:

* Privacy/Refund Policies Required *
    You must maintain a web site(s) that contains complete marketing, advertising, and product information including valid customer service information, a refund and return policy, our compliance disclaimer and a universally accepted privacy policy.

* Incomplete Site *
    Your website is not yet functional and/or the URL is invalid and redirects to an unauthorized URL. 2Checkout requires that all suppliers to have a valid URL with a functional website. It is not necessary for the website to be elaborate; a simple page with information about your products and/or services, your contact information, pricing structure, purchase routine and a refund policy will suffice. Before 2Checkout can activate sales, these requirements need to be met and any transactions, including demo transactions will cause a PARAMETER error return. Upon completion of your website, please notify us at the email address provided below.

* Incomplete contact details *
    The Contact Information section of your account pages, including Site description, product description, identification number and type, and your date of birth must be completed. 2Checkout is required to have this information on file in order to send payments to you. While this lack of details will not immediately affect your ability to sell, it is important that we have the information on file as soon as possible. Please complete this section of your account as soon as possible and notify us at the email address provided below.

* Unknown products/services *
    We were unable to determine what products or services you are selling. As your reseller, 2Checkout has specific guidelines that need to be followed, including accountability for products and services being sold. Please email us as soon as practical at the email address provided below to explain in detail what you are selling.

* Supplier Site Language *
    The manner in which you display credit card logos and/or represent the relationship between your business and 2Checkout does not meet our Site Language guidelines. The credit card associations and 2Checkout's upstream provider are very specific on how they expect the customer to perceive the relationship between 2Checkout and our Suppliers. While these issues will not immediately affect your ability to sell, it is important that your site meet the terms of service requirements as soon as possible. Further information is available at
    http://www.2checkout.com/language_guidelines.html

*Upon resolution of the aforementioned issue(s), please email me at xxxx@xxxxxx so that I may expedite your service.
    Huh?? None of that applied to me or my site. So I wrote back:

Did anyone bother to check my site??

* Privacy/Refund Policies Required *

Privacy policy: http://www. supremecenterhosting.com/information.php?info_id=5

Refund Policy: http://www. supremecenterhosting.com/faq.php?cID=4

* Incomplete Site *
    Nothing wrong with url... http://www. supremecenterhosting.com

* Incomplete contact details *
    I entered that information long before bblair posted the above comment

* Unknown products/services *
    When I filled out the form it asked what I was selling. Look at my site... I sell hosting and hosting related services.

* Supplier Site Language *
    Until the account is validated and I am able to offer 2checkout as a payment gateway to my customers, there is no point in enabling the payment module or adding any "Supplier Site Language" as it will only CONFUSE my customers
    Their response:

Hello,

Yes, I did bother to check your site; that doesn't exist. The URL you confirmed and provided again redirects to www. trafficcleaner.com which has nothing but a blank white page. This has been tested on 3 different browsers from 4 different locations. Therefore, I'm unable to review your site and its content, which would also prevent me from viewing your privacy and refund policies or even determining what you're selling with 2CO.

2Checkout is not a payment gateway. We're an authorized retailer. We are the party selling the products or services you're offering. The customer is buying from 2CO, our name appears on their credit card statement and it's our Merchant Account that takes on the risk of doing business with you. You are required to follow the guidelines outlined in the "Supplier Site Language" area of the Terms of Service and Supplier Agreement that you read and agreed to at the time you signed up to do business with us. Please fix the site allowing us to view its content and ensure that you are in compliance with the Credit Card Associations and our Terms of Service and Supplier Agreement. Until we're able to view and approve the site, the account will remain suspended for sales.

Should you need additional assistance, have further questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to reopen this ticket or call our 24 Hour customer care center toll-free from the US & Canada at 1-877-294-0273, Internationally at 1-614-921-2450 or from the UK & Northern Ireland at 8718718283.

Best Wishes in 2008 -
    Bryan Blair
    Risk Analysis & Investigation
    Prevention and Solutions Team
    2Checkout.com, Inc.
    www.2Checkout.com

Hey Brian... are you smoking crack? My site is not redirecting anywhere!

My response:

Nothing wrong with my site... it does not redirect to www. trafficcleaner.com, unless of course you are in a country, such as Iran, that I don't not do business with. Perhaps you need to get a tech person to look at your system.

Your not selling my products, I am. I use a shopping cart that has a 2checkout payment module. All your doing is managing the payment, much like PayPal does, which makes 2checkout a payment gateway.

You can refund the $49. I will contact PayPal about it ASAP.
    And Brian... again:

Hello,

2Checkout *is* selling the products. This is clearly mentioned (multiple times) in the Terms of Service and Supplier Agreement you read or may not have read, even though you agreed to, at the time you signed up. Your account has been closed and your sign up fee has been refunded. 2CO chooses not to support your site and services. Please look elsewhere for your business needs.

Should you need additional assistance, have further questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to reopen this ticket or call our 24 Hour customer care center toll-free from the US & Canada at 1-877-294-0273, Internationally at 1-614-921-2450 or from the UK & Northern Ireland at 8718718283.

Best Wishes in 2008 -
    Bryan Blair
    Risk Analysis & Investigation
    Prevention and Solutions Team
    2Checkout.com, Inc.
    www.2Checkout.com

That was the quickest business relationship I have never had.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 13th, 2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: removed links

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread