OK, Tell me the truth, is it a losing battle?
    OK, Tell me the truth, is it a losing battle?

First come the ideas, the rules, the revelations. These are the New rules, New Theories, New Ways and Means, on how to get your website ranked higher. These are really good ideas! I do them all, manually.

Next: Out come the gurus with their $hundred dollar super programs to achieve these new theories. Every time an idea is born, A super program worth tons of $ is born. Not a program to do things right and normal. OH NO! It has to be a super program. Make a mini site, NO, make hundreds of them. Generate a directory, oh no, generate thousands of them. Write a sales letter, oh no, write hundreds of sales letters.

So now the web is inundated with super sales letters, thousands and thousands of mini sites, thousands of public domain "re surfaced secrets" books.
    This by the way is another worry. Everything is a secret. Secret generators, Secret writers, Secret posters, Secret everything...

Anyays. With all these new expensive secrets flooding the market, how can anyone ever survive doing something manually, and openly? Is it possible? Can it ever work just to be a plain manual website owner? Is it like the little corner hardware store fighting the big huge incoming super stores?

Like for instance. We all know about article writing. And even I have written and submitted (and been accepted) articles. I felt quite proud. And Now.

Another SECRET, AN ARTICLE SUBMITTER!!! SUBMIT THOUSANDS OF ARTICLE TO THOUSANDS OF SITES... WORTH HUNDREDS OF $

Can I ever succeed in such a "flood the market" if you have the bucks environment?

Is it worth it do you think. Is it worth it to even try? I felt pretty o.k. about battling this guru stuff, untill the Secret Article Marketer and Blaster came out.

Now I feel like I am just losing the battle, no matter what I try to build my sites.

Is it worth it? How do you feel about all this guru stuff.

Are you battling it, or, if you can all afford it, are you justy buying into it all?

Ruth, feeling pretty helpless and discouraged right now. I would love to buy the secret article blaster, generator, marketers, or whatever it is called. But, I cant afford all these super programs.

ABW Ambassador
    There have always been these "secrets" and pitches, always. You just must have not known about them - did they affect you when you didn't know about them? Then don't let them affect you now. 99.9999999999999999999999999999 of these things are scams or mlms, so be happy you don't have to live in that scumpool to make a living.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Don't waste your money on any of that crap.

Well, that makes me feel better!
    Quote Originally Posted by chetf
    There have always been these "secrets" and pitches, always. You just must have not known about them - did they affect you when you didn't know about them? Then don't let them affect you now. 99.9999999999999999999999999999 of these things are scams or mlms, so be happy you don't have to live in that scumpool to make a living.

Chet
    Hmm, what an interesting thought. Thanks. I thought they just all came out since I became aware of them ...

Just goes to show the way the mind works sometimes. That makes me feel better!

Ruth

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Sometimes (once in a great while), a really slick method works and is not a scam. Then, everybody gets into it and the bottom falls out. Slick methods lack longevity and often lack legitimacy.

Develop a quality site, learn some marketing as you go to make your site better, and keep improving until you are offering something of value to your visitor. That's the long-term strategy that works.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    I believe that the new article submitter that you are speaking about (released yesterday) doesn't write the articles for you. It just helps you to submit them to ezines, websites etc to help get them published online.

It won't hurt the article writter, but it will fill up many mail boxes awfully quick & there is a good chance that it will all be considered spam.

Secrect Automatic Article Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by westgroup
    I believe that the new article submitter that you are speaking about (released yesterday) doesn't write the articles for you. It just helps you to submit them to ezines, websites etc to help get them published online.

It won't hurt the article writer, but it will fill up many mail boxes awfully quick & there is a good chance that it will all be considered spam.
    I think it will hurt the article writers, like me, who post them manually, because now the market will become saturated with articles and it will take away the natural market for articles that exists now.

There will be the same amount of articles, but now they will all hit each and every article content website; and the demand will diminish.

Thats what worries me. But you have a good point about the spam. Somehow these things do backfire at times.

Ruth,

I haven't found not one piece of info, method, secret, whatever that was worth paying for that I couldn't find out for free...Everything you ever wanted to know can be found on the internet, in forums. A guru is just somebody that knows more than you do at this particular moment. 80% of the people on this board are gurus IMO. I'll take my chances with them.

Quote Originally Posted by justwright
    A guru is just somebody that knows more than you do at this particular moment.
    lol, or not and just pretends they do.

Ebudae

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    The only one who can't escape your influence, if landing on your pages, is the shopper. Hone your influencing skills to make them comfortable in your choice of click destinations.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks for the laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebudae
    lol, or not and just pretends they do.

Well, my depressed mode is leaving me .. thanks for the laugh, I like this one.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread