ABW Ambassador
    offering a dollar, with special terms. check this crap...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>All Advertising must have same-page separation with competitive advertising (i.e., no competitor may run on same page, regardless of viewability on screen), except as otherwise agreed to in writing by CoolSavings. Competitors include, but are not limited to, all coupon, sampling, savings, incentive and "free stuff"-oriented advertisers. Please feel free to contact the CoolSavings media negotiator contact for a list of entities that are considered competitive with CoolSavings.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I though Commission Junction has claimed to have done away with that crap? Exclusivity, supposedly, went out the door. Doesn't that type of term violate CJ's terms?

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    www.webproconnect.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm sure it's a big joke over at CJ. Maybe Coolsavings wants to run out all their other "incent" Dupers as unfair competition.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Next thing you know, they'll tell you which font to use, what background color, etc.

After all, it really isn't YOUR site, is it?

Another clueless merchant trying to tell everyone how to run their business!

Andy

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> offering a dollar~BC<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Another clueless merchant trying to tell everyone how to run their business!~Andy <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's always the cheapskate merchants who try that kind of crap...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    They are an incent site. Watch them like a hawk for HBO theftware now they have the CJ seal of approval.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Well... for those of us who promote them...

Coolsavings has always been an easy conversion for me, and good for a check every month. A dollar is 15 cents higher than what they offer through affiliatefuel, and 35 cents higher than what they were offering through websponsors. I like the dollar. I don't like the terms. It would interesting to see, if through CJ, they reverse any leads. Through websponsors, and affiliatefuel I have never had a lead reversed. With this in mind, and the terms being what it is, I will not promote them until I get a go ahead from them concerning the exclusivity.

I wish they would stay with one network, however. When they were with LS they converted well at a dollar per lead.

-----------------------------
    Big Chuck
    www.webproconnect.com

ABW Ambassador
    Coolsavings is converting nicely at $1 at CJ. Had them over at websponsors but switching them over to CJ. It seems they update everyday after midnite sometime.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread