Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    15 years and counting
    Changes in SynergyAnalytics
    There's many changes in the Network Transaction Analysis with new graphics
    Partner Order Analysis
    Program Trend Analysis
    Creative Type Analysis
    You have now access to Traditional Reports, Revenue Report, Product Success Report, Sales and Activity Report, Program Level Report, Individual Item Report

A new overview at the front page with Campaign Overview Metrics and Partner Overview Metrics.

I'm not sure it's going to make me happy and give me what I need but we can play with it for a while.

A bunch more useless reports. And it still doesn't do everything the old reports did. Sigh...
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I'm looking at the reports now and am not sure what to say. First, it looks like they have tried to appease us by bringing back the "Traditional Reports" as they call them. Okay, great I thought...until I tried them. First, it takes a terrible number of clicks to get there. I tried the Individual Item report for this month and out of all the sales listed, it could only describe 2% of them. All the rest had Product Name as UNKNOWN and Product SKU as UNKNOWN. Okay, this report is worthless.

Okay, Sales and Activity report works, but again, way to many clicks to get there.

Product Success Report. Worthless!!! Only one item could it describe. All the rest were UNKNOWN.

Program Level Report. Works!!!! Wooooeeee, that's two out of five that work.

Just realized, if I have logged into Linkshare with my LS account, why should I have to select a network for every report I want to see. Obviously, if I am logged into LS, that is the network I want to observe, not B2B Network, not Currupted (what is that?), not Inapplicable (another question mark), not Japanese Network, Not the LS UK network, not the Media Tracker Network, and not Unknown or Unmeasured. Were these programers just making this stuff up? Come on, if you can't automatically set it to the LS network for those that log in under the LS network, at least put that one at the top of your list so I don't have to scroll down to find the correct one. I really wish they would have an affiliate look at this stuff before they implement it. It is so obvious to us.

Okay, Affiliate Detail Payment report. What the heck is this: Payment Status is equal to Issued and MCT_MCT_LGL_ETY_NM is equal to [merchant name was here]? Like we are supposed to know what MCT_MCT_LGL_ETY_NM means? And on a cleared payment (yes, I did get one consilidated payment so far), it says this: Payment ID is equal to 4534 and Payment Status is equal to Cleared. What does 4534 mean?

Well, I'm not impressed.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

We still need a report that shows the balance owed by an affiliate broken down by merchant by month. Without such a report we are unable to determine where we stand.

marcelle

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    What is Yago?

Isnt that a street term for Cocaine?

What does that have to do with my reporting?

I GET IT.....this reporting is sooo confusing that it is gonna drive me to doing Cocaine....

Great Subliminal Advertising Tony Montana

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    What is Yago?
    My question as well.
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    I use to drink yago. Maybe they'll give us free drinks when our sales are low?

Okay, in all the other strange words and strange code in their reports I never saw "Yago". Where did that appear?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    We still need a report that shows the balance owed by an affiliate broken down by merchant by month. Without such a report we are unable to determine where we stand.

marcelle

Exactly! We also need more detail on the checks. I see that there are more columns for each merchant when I look at the payments by ID (for checks that have cleared), but it is still not the information that I need.

I want to see a breakdown, by merchant, so that I know what period the payment is for, as well as any adjustmusts (i.e., Bonuses) that are included.

I think YAGO = Year Ago.

The graph shows the amount for 2004

Cool what we really need . . .
    What we really need, LS, is a user's manual for this gadget. Most of us don't do managementspeak, if you've noticed. And we're not all accountants and we're not all (well, not all) programmers so if a piece of call code shows up in a report it looks like junk letters to us.

issue one, then you will have the right to say "RTFM!"

I think you'd need a little cart to cary the manual with you. Of course, that is under the assumption that the LS staff know what it is we are seeing and could explain it to us in a manual.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I could make a list of problems, but it's just about everything. Missing options. Useless options. Tons of useless new reports and charts. Still too many steps. Bad defaults. Rounded numbers. Still missing some important reports.

And this is supposed to be the much vaunted "Version 2". It's not ready for Beta yet.

At the Linkshare Symposium, one Linkshare employee told me that the old reports would be going away at the end of July. I expressed my concerns about this to a more senior employee, and he assured me that this was categorically not true.

Scrap this and go back to the old reports.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Exactly. This is a company taking one step forward with reporting and two steps back (I'm being kind) with functionality.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Actually, it's more like "a promise of one step forward later". There's nothing in there yet that I would consider to be a step forward. I keep hearing about future potential, but none of it is there yet.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

15 years and counting
    Michael - the old reports would be going away at the end of July.
    I heard the same and I was not too happy.
    These people at LinkShare have no clue of what the affiliates need.

It shows also he has NO RESPECT for them. He's coming here each time he's in big trouble. But, do you think he's listening to his affiliates. NO.
    He does what HE WANT. Does he care for you? NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    ...He's coming here each time he's in big trouble. But, do you think he's listening to his affiliates. NO.
    He does what HE WANT. Does he care for you? NO.
    I just want to remind folks of Mr. Messer's track record here of helping affiliates and answering their questions. There are some who say we are too critical and just look how wonderful he has been here at providing support (well, anyone seen him here the last few weeks? Only one post since June 3rd!). Anyway, I posted this before and want to again just to show you how Mr. Messer does things. Zeus is correct in saying we only see him here when he/his company is in trouble or receiving bad press here at ABW.

Let me put things into perspective for folks about Mr. Messers "direct personal involvement with his partners", as you call them (I don't feel treated like a partner). The following is the number of times Mr. Messer has posted here at ABW since September (rough count and may be off my a post or two):

May: 5
    Apr.: 6
    Mar.: 9
    Feb.: 0
    Jan: 1 (Holiday wish, not an informative post)
    Dec.: 1(Holiday wish, not an informative post)
    Nov.: 2 (same message about dos attack, just updated slightly)
    Oct.: 0
    Sept: 1 (response to the award fiasco)
    TOTAL: 25 posts in 9 months, average of .09 times a day.

Between, September and February, a six month period, Mr. Messer only responded three times here regarding problems we brought forth. I wish I could easily calculate the number of posts written at ABW asking him questions that never went answered, but I dont have a few days of my time to search and count them.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

You guys must be getting a much faster version of SynergyAnalytics than I am. I can't get over the 15 minute load times. With all the steps I'm hearing about, it would take me a couple hours just to pull up any kind of sales report. I'm currently logged into the system for the 3rd time and am trying to pull my payment report. I've been working on it for about an hour and I was able to get into the system and make 2 clicks. Right now I'm waiting for the report to come up. I've never been able to pull up anything else and the 15 minute load times are simply absurd. I don't know what platform they're using, but this is simply the worst piece of online software I've ever used.

I still haven't receive my payments for May. It's running on the late side here and I need this money soon. Has anybody received their May payments yet? I finally got my payment summary report to come up (took just over an hour) and it's telling me only 5% of my actual payment due has been issued. I can't believe this!! Linkshare has done nothing at all to make me happy this year. Now this talk that they're considering eliminating their only working reports is scaring me. If they did that, Linkshare would be inaccessible to me.

Can I ask if anybody's received their May payments? I'm starting to get worried.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

From my phone call with Linkshare today, they confirmed that the old reports will be going away at some point in the future. It probably won't be the end of July, but they do plan on doing it soon.

I made it very clear that this would be a major mistake, but I'm just one voice. If any of you have contacts in Linkshare, you need to be making your voices heard as well. They think everything is peachy with Synergy Analytics 2.0.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

15 years and counting
    Howard Hughes had the courage to ground his "Spruce Goose" after the first and last flight, LinkShare need the courage to scrap SynergyAnalitycs and to come back with the old reports. There's nothing to improve in SynergyAnalitycs. The old reports can be improved and missing information could be added with no problem.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Howard Hughes had the courage to ground his "Spruce Goose" after the first and last flight, LinkShare need the courage to scrap SynergyAnalitycs and to come back with the old reports. There's nothing to improve in SynergyAnalitycs. The old reports can be improved and missing information could be added with no problem.
    If in the near future I can no longer tell what sold for how much via which merchant, and can't tell how much I earned/am owed, for which month,

I will cheerfully scrap LinkShare and make the whole argument moot.

My Coffee's Cold, Go Figger
    I would just like to know when they will be cutting Checks again.

ABW Ambassador
    "From my phone call with Linkshare today, they confirmed that the old reports will be going away at some point in the future."

Not a good idea at all. If they're going to stick with the new system, then they should let the affiliates mold it. Direct input and then follow thru. It's the basic "listening to your customers"

From the July LS affiliate e-mail regarding Synergy Analytics: "As you will remember version 1.0 was a replication of the existing LinkShare reporting system."

Which is a complete fabrication, because it's neither a cosmetic nor a functional replication of the existing reports. And they're off working on Version 2.0 (still "beta" ???) as if everything is peachy.

(smacks self in forehead)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

That's what they think, because affiliates aren't complaining.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast