Thumbs down Macy's Crappy Conversions!
    I started with Macy's in April and right off the bat I was doing pretty well. May wasn't too bad either, but this month so far it's been absolutely terrible. My report shows 15,715 impressions, 942 clickthroughs and ONLY 1 sale for a measly commission of $2. I've written to the merchant and received one of those replies about plugging their upcoming promotions. Something just doesn't seem right to me here, and I was wondering whether anyone else at ABW is seeing this bad conversion rate for them?

I've never had much luck with Macys. They do convert, but their terrible commissions keep me from putting any real time into them.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I've got 2,800 impressions, 60 clickthroughs, and no sales. That is for this month. They never really converted well for me, and I only push them on one page of one site. The commission there stinks anyway...
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

ABW Ambassador
    I've got established pages out there with no/sparse merchants/product to put on them that can be found. So I use Macy's a lot for those because they've got those products and otherwise the pages would be wasted, empty or have to be taken down. I had another merchant on them but the products kept disappearing and I ended up with broken images - too much maintenance for low $ items.

No luck, only one sale so far after months, which doesn't make much sense to me because their stock and prices are wonderful for that line of goods, the nicest out there.

182 clicks for macys and a big donut, that all i got

Internet Cowboy
    They are listed with just about every parasite in the world. I doubt this in coincidental of their poor conversion.

11K impressions commision- $1.60

Thanks Guys - I thought it was just me, but it appears that it's an all-round thing. Well I worked damn hard to put some pages with product links out there, so I'm just going to leave them and see if things improve when the cold weather sets in again. They have some beautiful name brand bedding at good prices and this is why I joined them in the first place (after being rejected by them twice I might add!!). I've also considered the "parasite" factor and have pointed this out to them in my email. They have promised to get back to me with some answers, so let's see what happens. If I hear anything positive I'll post here again.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Kuddos Grumpy and webworker for for doing the right thing by this merchant. Reality sets in that this AM and Merchant do not take any personal responsibility for converting targeted to even specific Macy best buys. If their return days are OK, and sales don't show up on the non-commissionable list, then they refuse to wear a sales managers cap to assure Macy affiliate window displays convert. They assume sales are accidental occurances of mass advertising brand campaigns. Darn shame as many would like to once receive a gift in a Macy's wrap....even if ordered online.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

crappy, exactly . . .

heisje

June - 463 clicks, no sales.
    May - 314 clicks, 1 sale, $1.38 commission.
    April - 205 clicks, 1 sale, $1.20 commission.

With any luck, by the end of July I'll be able to treat myself to a Grande Latte ... compliments of Macy's.

Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

I just looked over my Macy's stats for the year and they aren't too horrible. I'm seeing about a 1.75% conversion rate. The biggest problem is the low commission rate.

- Scott

To be honest, Target converts much worse than Macys. I've got a solid .3% conversion for Target this year.

- Scott

I tend not to buy from brick and mortar stores that are near by. If they have an item I want (usually shoes) I like the instant gratification of buying it, bringing it home and putting it on the same day instead of waiting a few days for the UPS man. Perhaps a lot of shoppers feel the same. However, I may not be a typical case. Macys and Target are both in walking distance from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I've never had much luck with Macys. They do convert, but their terrible commissions keep me from putting any real time into them.

- Scott

..and I thought that I was the only one. I dropped them quite a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots
    June - 463 clicks, no sales.
    May - 314 clicks, 1 sale, $1.38 commission.
    April - 205 clicks, 1 sale, $1.20 commission.

With any luck, by the end of July I'll be able to treat myself to a Grande Latte ... compliments of Macy's.

I posted too soon.

Just checked and I have 2 new sales and $13.40 in new commissions from our friends on 34th street. Looks like it's time for that Latte and a cinnamon twist. I can even bring a friend.
    Dennis Duffy
    Slavin' over a hot keyboard for nickels & dimes ... and nobody understands what I do.

Amazing isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by muddyboots
    I posted too soon.
    Just checked and I have 2 new sales and $13.40 in new commissions from our friends on 34th street. Looks like it's time for that Latte and a cinnamon twist. I can even bring a friend.
    Well enjoy your latte and cinnamon twist

All of a sudden (after complaining to the AM yesterday) I have 2 orders posted as well today (6/30) for transactions which took place on 6/21 and 6/22. How come it takes them 9-10 days to post the sale? Something stinks here

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    That's cute Muddy Boots!

The only reason I keep any amazon links around is so I can use my puny gift certificate to buy a package of these each quarter: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...-food&n=507846

I keep some of those sites around (Macy's, Target, Walmart) because people expect to find them when they come to the site. But I put .0001 percent of my time in messing with them. The payout is just too low.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

This year

Macys 436 clicks - 22.00 commission
    Walmart 3,911 clicks - 885.00 commision
    Target 3,009 - 1,300 commission

I think it is just macys!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    I tend not to buy from brick and mortar stores that are near by
    Not everyone is near one, and I see one advantage that there's a built-in trust factor because of name recognition.

OK.. 1 sale last month, with only a couple of very specific product pages (2, I think) that were prettied up and more of a sales pitch given for Macy's, put in a prime location on the pages. Two sales so far this month, and those pages don't currently have high search engine listings, so they may have gotten there by navigating the site.

1064 impr/106 clicks/9.96% CTR
    2 sales, 3 items - $59.38 - $2.38 commission

It may be that we have to use them for products that would likely be bought online, or where we need their merchandise for existing pages.

Thumbs up Macy's back on track by the looks of things!
    Since I started this thread at the end of June, the situation with Macy's has improved quite considerably. This month so far for them I've had:

14,421 impr/906 clicks/6.28% CTR
    6 sales, 17 items - $1,632.85 - $65.31 commission

Who knows what has triggered this change, but I certainly am not complaining now. It could of course be due to the fact that my traffic from Google is back (after the disastrous December 2004 update left me in limbo), and my pages are ranked very well again on all the major SE's.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread