Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Red face Things that make Parents go Aggggggh
    Hi All

Yes Alex is back in the wars, I didn't post pictures of his last accident, running into a piece of wood and getting a 2 inch splinter in his foot as it really was a minor flesh wound in relation to his usual attempts to injure himself.

And this time around, it's not self inflicted but one of the joys of South East Asia and Kids at school....

Alex has been off school for a day with a fever, nothing serious....

The call comes in....

"Hi Chris I spoke to a friend at school... yes some of the kids have got Foot and Mouth!"

. PANIC....

A rush to the internet shows that it isn't all that uncommon for kids in Asia to catch, and the strain kids get not that dangerous either.....

Off to hospital for a check up...

"Yes you son has ... ermmm Herpag...., Hepagi... err Herpes"

. PANIC....

Great .... not yet three and he has Oral Herpes...

Back to the Internet.... saved again...

Turns out it's Herpangina, nothing to do with Herpes but a mild form of Hand foot and mouth common with kids and sure to make Alex one seriously unhappy little monster for the next week.....

The joys of school and young kids....

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Where do you think all those grey hairs come from? When we first got married we thought about 8 kids would be great. Then we had a boy and thought maybe a few more would be good but not 8. Seven years later we had a girl and thought "two kids is a good number". I truly love kids but don't know how people have the patience for many children.

Have a Mormon friend who has 9 kids and is the most patient person I ever met. I asked him where did he get so much patience and he said his kids "taught" him how to be patient. Think my kids taught me how to worry, maybe I don't learn well
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Thank goodness for Google no? The Big G probably saved you from having a CABG (go google it).

Glad to hear Alex will be well and it's not anything serious. He does seem to keep the docs in business though.

My 2.5 year old boy, Aiden, who likes running into walls and jumpinf off of the stairs and anything too high is a pleasure compared to my 15 year old son.

Enjoy this age while they're cute, Chris. They only get smellier and mouthier.

Actually, both of my boys are a blessing, but man when they're little everything is a joy and totally adorable. As they get bigger, they get more expensive, they actually think they're smarter than you sometimes (hubby and I always get a chuckle out of that). They swear you're totally uncool, even though I think I'm at the helm of coolness - at least I think I am, and all his friends do too. muhahahahahaa!!!

Actually, now that I think of it, we do have an free lawn service until we ship him off to college. Is that wrong?

LOL, kids are nature's gift to us and our gift to the world.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

OMG Chris...my kids just got over that!!!

Although the doctor hadn't diagnosed my 2 1/2 year old son when I took him in. She just diagnosed it as a viral infection since all his cultures came back negative for strep.... it had not manifested itself yet but he had a raging fever for 2 days w/no symptoms.

Then the mouth thing started bleeding gums and sores all in his mouth. He couldn't eat anything for a couple of days. He finally got over it but it was a 6 day ordeal. Me thinking I got out of it with out his older getting it...haha. A day after he was over it for the most part my daughter had a raging fever...a day later her mouth was soooo funky the worst breath bleeding oozing mouth (waking up with a crusty bloody mouth yuuuuk). When I called the doctor and explained it they said it was viral and nothing they could do for it. Give her popsicles...

I feel for ya. Anyway I was on the net searching for the ailment and I'm convinced it was herpangina er whatever. They got it after spending the day at a public waterspray fountain where there where at least 100 other kids slobberin' and droolin' all over each other.

Popsicles is the only advice I can give and childrens motrin or tylenol for the fever to help him to be more comfortable...if he'll take it. I choked it down my sons throat once or twice but he hated it so much I wasn't going to force him anymore than that.

Ugggg Good luck!!

edit--Danay I just saw your post and my son's name is Aedin and also 2 1/2...popular name
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I have three in the house, 2.5 / 7.5 and nearly 15 (the eldest is my wife's niece), and she's a blessing as she is great to dump... I mean... assign the kids too, all part of "learning to be responsible"

He was trying to drink orange juice the other day , that just burned his tongue, probably the acid in it... icecream, yogurt, jelly and ice for the rest of the week then

I'm just hoping the other two don't get it....

However I am going to shout the school down next week as they KNEW some of the kids had some oral infection and failed to inform the parents in good time.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ABW Ambassador
    >>they KNEW some of the kids had some oral infection and failed to inform the parents in good time.

Oh, my daughter's expensive private school when she was 5 had a massive infestation of cooties - head lice (nicely spread around by pillows during naptime) - and they failed to inform the parents. It was NOT fun combing those critters out of my hair and my Mom's hair - who was around 60 at the time.

My daughter has had a lifetime of limb injuries that drove me up the wall, from an impact fracture falling off a skateboard at around 8 to ankle injuries falling down stairs. And NO, it does not stop when they're past 12, that's when it just begins.

I still wish I could turn the clock back, those early days are treasures, each and everyone of them - cold sores, cooties and all.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread