View Poll Results: What should LS name their next update project? (sticking with Greek God/Goddesses

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Project Chaos (yes, one of the Greek gods...you guess why he was named that)

2 8.00%
  • Project Hades (might be appropriate when reviewing thee way the last one went)

1 4.00%
  • Project Uranus (no, not a suggestion of where to put the next project)

7 28.00%
  • We've had enough stupid Greek names…LS should work on support and preparation instead

15 60.00%
    Help LinkShare Name Their Next Update
    The folks at LinkShare seem way to busy so I thought it might be helpful if we suggest names for their next major update. Please vote any of the following or suggest your own.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Icarus?

Maybe not the next one but most definately one to follow.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I would be a worried man if they named it "Morpheus" but I think "Narcissus" would be a good name as they never seem to be able to take advice from anyone.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Daedalus

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Heh, man o man, they're going to be taking a lot of grief for a long, long time. Maybe they could just name the updates after memorable hurricanes, like Andrew...
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I think they should name them cock-up1, cock-up2, cock-up3 etc......

I hope someone at Linkshare can count above 10. LOL
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Hopefully they've worked their way through most of the issues now. There's a couple merchants there that I do wish to promote.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I go for unreliable.Everytime I get a lot of traffic and sales from their merchants,the merchant drops out, this time it's San Francisco Music Box.They invited me to join their independent programs.The products are great, 5 star quality,values,services,security,and solutions. Little by little LS will be Lost or least slameals (probably the wrong spelling) I didn't want to be too profane.
    My nickels worth.
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    Hopefully they've worked their way through most of the issues now. There's a couple merchants there that I do wish to promote.
    Hopefully they have, but they did not build any confidence during this whole thing.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Time to change pantheons! The Greek pantheon hasn't worked well for them. Go Norse! Name it after Loki. I think that would be appropriate assuming the past predicts the future.

Loki Laufeyjarson is the "god" of mischief of Norse mythology , a son of Farbauti and Laufey. He is described as the "contriver of all fraud". Loki is in a sense both a god and a Jotun (compareable to the Titans and Gigantes of Greek mythology). He mixed freely with the gods for a long time, even becoming Odin's blood brother. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki

He is connected with fire and magic, and can assume many different shapes (horse, falcon, fly). He is crafty and malicious, but is also heroic: in that aspect he can be compared with the trickster from North American myths. The ambivalent god grows progressively more unpleasent, and is directly responsible for the death of Balder, the god of light. http://www.pantheon.org/articles/l/loki.html
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Thanks to all of you for going along with my tongue and cheek poll here, having fun with Mr. Messer’s project naming method. I really appreciated some of the thought that went into naming the next project and your good hearted responses with this matter. The message here to Mr. Messer is clear, put more energy into development of the project, testing of the project and communication. But next time, include a broad spectrum of affiliates during the BETA testing (not live testing) AND use there suggestions to put forth a workable program before you implement it. You don't need to name it some fancy, smancy name, just do it right from the start, but testing it with affiliates before you implement. Hopefully, Mr. Messer has learned some valuable lessons from the Athena headache that he won't repeat in the future.

Mr. Messer, it's not too late. SynergyAnalytics needs to be totally reworked (sorry to all those at LS who have worked so hard on it). Why not create a focus group of affiliates (yes, EVEN RON would be happy to participate) to provide imput and suggestions before we go to BETA 3.0 or BETA 4.0.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I totally agree with Ron.

SynergyAnalytics has a tremendous amount of potential, but it's going to be a miserable failure if you don't get affiliate input and make the appropriate changes.

I know I'm going to offend those who had a hand in the design when I say this, but there's no nicer way to say it. Whoever designed the affiliate interface for Synergy Analytics doesn't have a clue what affiliates want and need to run their business.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Mr. Messer,

Exactly who do you consult when you create all these dozens of reports? Is it the merchants, is it affiliates, is it just your own staff? I think this is a fair question that deserves an honest answer. If you come back to me and say 50 affiliates were polled and tested the new reports, I'll be much more understanding.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I vote for the "Messer 'Round."

Ah, you can talk about your clicks, they were screwed,
    The stats were wacko, affiliates were stewed.
    They doin' the Messer 'round,
    They doin' the Messer 'round,
    Everybody doin' the Messer 'round.

(Sincerest apologies to Ahmet Ertegun.)

Speaking of Messer, shouldn't he be back from Japan by now?

Japan? He went to Japan during all of this mess?

I know when we were discussing the moderated thread he agreed to (but has yet to implement) he said he would be gone three weeks, but it has been over four weeks now. Japan? Heck, I'd love to zip off to Japan instead of worring about my work. That would be great!
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Considering that the investors and a division of Linkshare is in Japan, I doubt it was a pleasure trip.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Oh, I forgot. Yes, you are probably right.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread