Exclamation Telemarketers / Cell Phones
    My friend just gave me this message
    he works at a Telemarketing Service.

-----------------
    On June 30th cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. You will be charged for these calls as any other incoming calls.
    -----------------

If you do not want to receive these calls on your cell or home phone
    Go Here:
    http://www.donotcall.gov and add your cell or home phone number to the list.
    Once added you will be good for five years.

Now if they only had a donotEmail.gov and a donotmail.gov for e-mail and snail mail spam...!

I have had my HOME phone listed there for awhile and I don't get any telemarketing phone calls..

Just FYI..

ABW Ambassador
    About time. I was wondering when I would get my favorite form of entertainment back. I went to a cellular because it was cheaper than my local telephone monopoly, plus free long distance. w00t.

But I missed telemarketers. I won't sign up for the DNCL, it's too much god damned fun.

"You say monday through saturday newspaper delivery is only $2 a week? Hot damn. Will a 9 year old on a bmx ask me for $2? I don't want a bill or a guy in a truck dropping it off on my driveway. I want a kid on a BMX to show up at random times during my day, demanding two dollars in a threatening tone. Okay fine, how about you arrange for the family across the street to host a female french foreign exchange student to help me fix up my '69 Camaro SS. What do you mean 'Bizarre Fantasies'? If you won't give me what I want, then you don't have a sale. Good day."

LOL that's funny..

But YOU'LL Pay for the call not them..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Weisinator, you can have the pleasure all to yourself.

On June 30th cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. You will be charged for these calls as any other incoming calls.
    It's happened then; the telemarketers have succeeded in prying the numbers loose. The instant I got my cell phone, I put it on the "do not call" list--in anticipation of the day when marketers would otherwise be able to call. So if any of them call me, it could get costly--for them.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Such crap. We are on the Do Not Call list for both federal and state, and we STILL GET SALES CALLS. And now I'll have to deal with them calling the cell too? Lucky for me I only answer the cell when my ID shows it's someone I give a h00t about. I'll be damned if I listen to some spiel on my dime.... You know, I used to think car salesmen were the bottom of the food chain - but at least they are selling you something you want in the first place. Now telemarketers...they are the scum of the earth. Why can't these college kids get jobs as strippers like everyone else to get through school??
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

ABW Ambassador
    There's a 70% chance you're getting called from Omaha. That being said, there isn't much of a market for male strippers in Nebraska. You know that "Red State" stereotype? Yeah.

As a former telemarketer, we were told to "Smile, the customer can see it!" just as sure as we could see the veins popping out of the foreheads and necks of those who had nothing better to do but scream and yell at us.

BTW, If you get a new credit card, refinance your home, take out an insurance policy, etc. be prepared for a sales call. It's one of the provisions of the DNCL is that you can be called for up to six months after making a new business contact.

All the telemarketing I ever did was prior contact sales.

You need to sign up for Protection Plus in case your cards are ever lost or stolen.
    You should consider a balance transfer today.
    You should renew your subscription to Time Magazine or National Geographic.
    Pampers wants to thank you for inquiring about the free samples of our diapers. We also want you to know about the children's book of the month club.

I would say the DNCL law has more holes than swiss cheese, but that would imply there is cheese around the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by weisinator
    There's a 70% chance you're getting called from Omaha. That being said, there isn't much of a market for male strippers in Nebraska. You know that "Red State" stereotype? Yeah.
    Lol! Yeah. I don't mind getting calls from companies we do business with, as they are 'usually' respectful. However, we have been getting calls from this one company about refinancing. We have not purchased a new house, or refinanced recently, yet they continue to call. We politely told them the first 5 times that we were not interested. After that we told them to put us on their do not call list or we would report them. Hubby and I barely understood each of the callers - all eastern Indian accents. Let me say I have no problem with Indians - unless they call me at 9 pm right after I get my kid to sleep, and insist that I WILL be interested if I just hear them out. ?? Well, what can you do? Although I have to admit that I haven't received a call from them now in about two weeks....not sure what I said in my blind rage, but it must have worked!

posted by lisa [istolze]

Why can't these college kids get jobs as strippers like everyone else to get through school??
    so Lisa...?????

What did you do to pay your way through school
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread