I need some help getting traffic
    Hi,
    I need some serious help getting some traffic. Lack of traffic is my downfall. I have had my site for 6 months now and I use SBI to build it so it is all SEO'd up but still no traffic. Are there anyother ways to get some consistant traffic or any websites. I use craigslist.org to get a bit of traffic but I have to keep doing a different ad to get some traffic. This is my first site and I am yet to have success. Could some please give me a lending hand. Thanks for your help.
    Tristan.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Tried PPC ads through Google or Yahoo (formerly Overture)?

Why don't you post you site in the site review forum and ask folks to take a look at your site from onpage seo aspect to make sure nothing is glaringly off track? And if I see a site there (admittedly, I don't visit there as often as I used to), I usually also check backlinks so I can see how seo efforts are going - where links are from, what types of sites, look at varying anchor text you've got pointing to you and more.

The question you're asking is a difficult one - there's no one right answer and the varying paths (ppc, seo, press, brand building, word of mouth, viral, etc) make it difficult for any one of us to guide you - it's a path you largely have to choose yourself. Explain your desired traffic generation method, and some of us with similar path experience can more easily assist you.

What is SBI?

ABW Ambassador
    SBI must be Site Build It. The only problem being, that no program can individually optimize a site or choose the right keywords - or do the navigation right, write the copy, etc, etc, etc - or else people wouldn't pay SEOs a ton of $ for optimization or spend months or years learning how to optimize their own sites.

Google takes a while, Yahoo is much faster and MSN is faster yet to get rankings. Just study up on the basics of SEO, get some good inbound links and follow search engine guidelines. It isn't rocket science, it just takes time and using a little grey matter.

Shout, when you say that your site is all SEO's up, what does that mean? SEO is split into 2 strategies. I'll keep it basic:

1. Optimization of html & 2. Link building

Your site can be very optimized, but if you have almots no relevant links pointing to it, it's a waste.

WHy not post your url and let us check it out for ya?
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

ok thanks for all your replies.
    I want to get the majority of my traffic from the search engines, I don't want to use PPC untill I actually make some money to pay for it.
    SBI is Site Build It.
    I do have links but I don't know if they are good or not?
    So here is my link and thanks again for your help.
    http://www.quality-exercise-equipment.com

ABW Ambassador
    Shout, you need to get all that scripting out of the page code and put it into an external file - just call it from the external file.

PLUS - the biggest problem with the site is that the "site" itself isn't optimized. It's a lot more than pages, you have to optimize sitewide, particularly the navigation.

I've got SEO tutorials online but I don't want to post a link, just do some research on optimizing site navigation.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I used the SEO Toolbar Lite to check your site's backlinks:
    Google = 6 (and G is notorious for not showing you all they have)
    Yahoo = about 27
    MSN = 9
    AOL = 6
    The vast majority of your acquired links come from matching-themed sites = good!
    So you've got a good start to getting backlinks going on.
    Keep it up.

As you work to get more backlinks, continue to improve the site. Imo it isn't ready for Google or Yahoo (formerly Overture) PPC campaigns yet.

I thought your site looked great..
    you got some PR, got some backlinks.. 6 months is NOT A LONG TIME, you shouldn't expect to retire or even make substantial money after that amount of time.. some folks probably have, but the majority of us don't.. and and even greater majority quit before reaping the rewards...

Point is, your doing great.. looks like you got a nice foundations.. I can't begin to tell you how crappy my site looked after onlyh 6 months..

You need to continue to add content and get more backlinks..
    You have 40 pages indexed in Google.. is that how many you actually have? if so, create more.. the more pages you have in google, the more visitors you will get..

have you submitted a sitemap to google yet? I did that a few weeks back and my traffic nearly doubled.. granted I have near 30k in pages..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    you shouldn't expect to retire or even make substantial money after that amount of time.. some folks probably have, but the majority of us don't..
    I made decent money after 6 months, but not by SEO. It was PPC all the way, and that was back when PPC was dirt cheap (and not at some fraud-ridden micro PPC engine, but at what is now called Overture).
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread