Outsourced Program Manager
    affiliate information
    Hi All;

Just wanted to send this update in regarding obtaining affiliate information.

Since I added the affiliate privacy waiver to our program that allows me to have the affiliates info, More than 90% of the affiliates agreed to allow me to have their email. So it goes to show you they do want us, AM's, to have contact.

Now if I can only improve the activation rate and time that it takes them to get a link up, (seems SAS affiiate take forever to get links up compared to other networks i have used) i will be a very happy camper :-)

Richard
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm assuming that this program isn't one I'm in, since I got no notice that I recall of any such "waiver."

Did you notify your affs of that term change? It doesn't count if a waiver got approved, if the "approval" was only because affiliates didn't know it was there!

But, most affiliates are indeed willing to pass on their email and let you send stuff. That doesn't mean they intend to read it. That's a whole different matter than giving you a direct line to bug them at your whim--ie, the phone number. Even if you did ask for the phone number, since you're in Thailand (minimizing the chance you'd actually use it), you might get a better-than-expected response.

But when you think about it, you had already emailed 'em, through the SAS interface. If they weren't reading the emails then, they probably won't read it now...

So it goes to show you they do want us, AM's, to have contact.
    It really doesn't "go to show" anything or prove any points. In the prior thread, we said we didn't want to be THREATENED or treated like idiots, not that we never wanted any emails at all! That thread escalated, but this is still apples to oranges to the main points of it. The most you can truly assume is that they weren't willing to hit Drop over the issue (provided they were adequately informed there even was an issue). That's not the same as indicating a "want."

If they wanted contact, I'd think they'd have emailed you...

Oh BTW since it's been bugging me for months, I have to pick this nit: Your sig. It's "Gypsies!" "Gypsy's" is the possessive...but your meaning is plural...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO
    So it goes to show you they do want us, AM's, to have contact.
    Richard
    It only goes to show that they were willing for you to have their e-mail to contact them if you wish to use that instead of going through the network.

Frankly, I doubt many read that waiver, especially if it is SAS. Affiliates tend to trust SAS more and, therefore, are probably slap-dash about reading the SAS merchant agreement trusting that it can't be too bad or they wouldn't be in SAS, they would be in CJ or LS, instead.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Yeah, Richard. I think asking affiliates (that are on your list) if they don't mind, would be a good first step...

Geno

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    For clarification ... the privacy waiver inside of ShareASale is something you have to phyisically click, not a term inside a merchant agreement.

If a merchant has asked us to enable this for them, you will get a note when you go to grab links for that merchant that they have requested your email/phone/contact etc... you can choose to give them either just your email, phone, address, or any combination of the three. You can then manage those settings from the Activity Summary Report.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Ah, good.

And, it's another good thing about Shareasale! No surprise bull!

That's a great stat to hear! I wouldn't have expected it to be so high. Most of us don't mind, but I figured there were more people like Leader who prefer that merchants not have their contact information.

I agree. Bravo to ShareASale.com for a good implementation!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Just a little aside:

If links are being put up on sites that are being built but are not ready to be launched yet, there is no way for the merchant to know that those links have been put up.

Nor will there be any sign of there having been "activation" until there's some activity, which won't happen until sites are ranking and getting some traffic - which can take some months, for the crowd that does organic SEO and not PPC.

What WebWorker said about activation evidence.

I'm noticing that about 3/4 of my signups make 1 click, almost immediately. Some merchant has probably told them to quick, give their own link a click when they put it up. 'Twasn't me who told them to do that, but it is kind of nice to know that the links are up...

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi all;

Brian stated the correct thing. ONLY affiliates that not have yet placed a link up would know. When they go to grab a link they first see a page that asks them what information that would want the AM ot have.

I am just saying that the affiliates have allowed me to have this info, ( email, name, address), I am not saying I will send massive amounts of email to them. Just nice to know that they want the AM ot have the info.

Also what leader says is correct as far as I can see thru all programs I have run. 75% or more test the link to make sure it is correct and this tells the AM that the link is on their site, even if that page is still in testing.

Leader; Its from a song by "Tom Rush" and that is how he spells it :-)
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Just nice to know that they wnat the AM ot have the info.
    Since you've had such a good response with it, it's something I'll keep in mind. Never really saw a need to ask for the info, since there's the inhouse SAS emailer, but if there's an affiliate-side demand for that I could go ahead and email directly...

Leader; Its from a song by "Tom Rush" and that is how he spells it :-)
    Augh--it's universal--musicians can't spell. My family's full of music-oriented people, that's how I know

At least he hasn't done it up as bad as that country singer (forgot just who it was, but she's got a big name) that came out with a song called... "White Limozeen." And then admitted on the radio that the spelling wasn't a gimmick--she had thought it belonged that way! :

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread