ABW Ambassador
    Domestications Special Bonus
    Anybody get one today? Under quantity it shows 94,855 with a commission of $948.55. I remember getting an email but deleted it because i don't remember getting but a few sales. Seems a little high but i'll take it. What's it for tho?

Talking
    it's for spending, dummy!

ABW Ambassador
    They have a lovely site, but are people still promoting them since their commissions went down to 2%?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    2%?!?

Hahahahahahahahah

That doesn't even look like a commission, it looks like some kind of mistyped cuss sign, see? @#2%#$

They deserve to pay out nice high bonuses to anyone who forgot to rip their links. At 2%, I would've had them coming down in the other window while I still had the commission-lowering notice open.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    I have lots of merchants on my site that i don't like for one reason or another.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    I have lots of merchants on my site that i don't like for one reason or another.
    I can understand the sentiment. Just about everyone has a couple merchants they prefer not to do business with but continue due to lack of replacement merchants, or some other reason.

But Domestications doesn't fit in that category for me. They are one of only a handful of merchants I've ever dropped. IMO, they just aren't worth promoting. Between their poor payout, and restrictive TOS, I'd rather spend my time promoting merchants I prefer to work with.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Not me. One of the pleasures and points of nonempl*yment is not having to deal with unlikable merchants. If they go below a "neutral" on the likability meter, chances are high that they're going to be removed.

Even if I would otherwise be willing to deal with a particular merchant, I sure wouldn't do it for such a little commission. 2%, that's a deal-breaker.
    and restrictive TOS
    And they add some unusual requirements, too? Isn't that always the way with cheapskates! They should be glad that anyone will show link the first at that rate, but instead they look for ways to not pay at all.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    We have different business models. I make my main site for my site visitors, i put up merchants they want, since they're the ones making me money. Sometimes they're merchants i don't necessarily like. They're on the site but in bad positions, there if someone wants them. I think with Domestications it might be 5% with the 3% new customer bonus, still not the best commission but i have other merchants like them that pay more. Still can't figure out the bonus, if it's the 3% new customer bonus I would need something like $30,000 in sales, which i know i didn't get.

the motto of the wise is:
    be prepared for surprises.

i.e.
    do not make any plans for this bonus,
    until it actually "homes" . . .

(I "got" one too . . .)

heisje

ABW Ambassador
    So if there's a 3% new customer bonus it's 5% and not worse than merchants who pay 5% but only for the first time purchase. Still, it was the fact that they lowered it at some point, and Company Store too - and didn't they also cut back on return days?

Affiliate Manager
    Plow & Hearth features 8-10% commission on all sales - Just an FYI for any potential partners looking for a strong indoor and outdoor living merchant

Best,
    Joey

ABW Ambassador
    Domestications also reduced their return days at the same time, if I remember correctly.

According to the SaS pie chart, more than half of my sales income $ there is derived after 15 days - and the LS figure for return days for sales is 30 days (however they figure that, I suspect it's on $ amount).

IMHO the number of return days is as critical a factor as %, if not more so. That's why I pulled Domestications links. I can live with lower percentage if there are steady conversions, but even healthy conversions amount to zero in terms of earnings if sales are past the return days - which is not hard when they're less than at least 15 days.

Anybody get one today? Under quantity it shows 94,855 with a commission of $948.55. I remember getting an email but deleted it because i don't remember getting but a few sales. Seems a little high but i'll take it. What's it for tho?

Got the same here
    Was it a retailer ordering those 94,855 items,
    showed up as a bonus commision under the item description for me.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    First they told us we couldn't use their name, then they lowered the commissions... needless to say... I haven't been an affiliate in over a year

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread